Adjusting Telemetry for Battery

hoggdoc

Adjusting Telemetry for Battery

Post by hoggdoc »

I have tried several ways to get the aircraft battery to report accurate voltages to the Taranis without success.

Does anyone have a proven way to set up the radio via OpenTX to get this job done correctly? The way it is the telemetry is worthless.

Thanks in advance.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Adjusting Telemetry for Battery

Post by MikeB »

I assume you are looking for the flight battery voltage.
What sensor and what receiver are you using?
Are you getting a value but it is not accurate or not getting a value?

I use ersky9x rather than openTx, but I get accurate values from the telemetry.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
hoggdoc

Post by hoggdoc »

MikeB wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:50 pm I assume you are looking for the flight battery voltage.
What sensor and what receiver are you using?
Are you getting a value but it is not accurate or not getting a value?

I use ersky9x rather than openTx, but I get accurate values from the telemetry.

Mike
I am using a D4R-II Receiver connected to a NAZE32 flight controller. Yes I am getting value from that connect on A2 in the Taranis running the latest version of OpenTX. Iknow this is a old setup to be sure, but am hoping to find a way to calibrate the battery voltage.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

For A2 to supply a valid value you need to connect a battery voltage sensor to the battery and feed it to the AD2 input of the receiver on the side connector. Did you do that?

Alternatively, if your flight controller supports reading battery voltage you may be able to connect the telemetry output of the flight controller to the receiver and configure the flight controller appropriately. Voltage would then be provided using another value, e.g. VFAS.
hoggdoc

Post by hoggdoc »

Kilrah wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:13 pm For A2 to supply a valid value you need to connect a battery voltage sensor to the battery and feed it to the AD2 input of the receiver on the side connector. Did you do that?

Alternatively, if your flight controller supports reading battery voltage you may be able to connect the telemetry output of the flight controller to the receiver and configure the flight controller appropriately. Voltage would then be provided using another value, e.g. VFAS.
Yes The NAZE 32 outputs battery voltage on pin 6 (softserial #1) which I have connected to the RX pin on the AUX connector of the D4R-II.

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

If that is working you should be getting about 10 sensors from the flight controller when you discover sensors, one of which being the battery voltage. It will NOT be A2.
hoggdoc

Post by hoggdoc »

OK right now having issues connecting to the Naze32 via Betaflight software. I did do sensor discover yesterday and A2 was one of them so that what I set as voltage sensor.

I know this a very old setup, I'm just now getting back at RC stuff after almost 4 years away. When I was doing this a few years ago and all this was current equipement I knew most everything about all the setup. It's been slow getting back up to speed, of course I'm 4 years older as well, LOL.

Soon as I get the damn Naze to reconnect with the Betaflight configurator I'll move forward again hopefully. I'm also going to drop a line to Lee over in the UK (Painless360) 0n Youtube to see if he remembers any of the setup.

Thanks for your input thus far.

Wayne aka Hoggdoc

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”