Vario setup for FLYSKY receivers

Daveh

Vario setup for FLYSKY receivers

Post by Daveh »

Hi, I am running OpenTx2.2.1 on my Taranis Q-X7. It all works very well for me and my thermal glider mixes.

I have a collection of FLYSKY AFHDS-2A receivers (FSIA-6B) from my foamies and re-introduction to RC stuff.
Recently, I bought a couple of the Turnigy altitude sensors to try out. I was surprised to find that they return telemetry which can be seen on the Q-X7.
The system "sees" the altitude sensor as number "0041". This seems to return a raw value in the region of 30000 which jitters around 8 points and does vary with altitude, maybe around 12 points per meter. It seems to be an output of an air pressure transducer. The system sees no other altitude related sensors.
I have tried to assign this input to the vario, but it does not work. I guess that the value must be "worked on" to give rates of climb etc......
Does anyone know how this is done?

Kilrah

Re: Vario setup for FLYSKY receivers

Post by Kilrah »

Some info is missing on what module you're using to talk to that receiver.
Daveh

Post by Daveh »

Of course.... I'm using the IrangeX 4 in 1 Tx module.
It automatically picks up a range of sensors that are included in the FLYSKY receiver, Rx volts, TSS (like a range finder, I think) and on some of my receivers of the same type, several other signal strength indicators. Most, but not all, see the external sensor modules of ext volts and the altitude sensor.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

It's possible handling for that was added in newer OpenTX versions, but not sure.
Daveh

Post by Daveh »

Thank you, your help is much appreciated.
Will the model definitions of 2.2.1 be accepted in the latest release?

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Yes, minor updates don't change compatibility.
Daveh

Post by Daveh »

Oops!! I recall asking a similar question when trying to get other sensors to work on my 9xr Pro/OpenTx2.2.1. (in the end, I used ERSKY9x which proved to be very good..). When I raised the question about why I could not get the external voltage sensor to show in the telemetry display, even though I could see it in the sensors list, it was because the system needed to see an RSSI value in order to "validate" any of the telemetry inputs. As many of my receivers did not provide such an input, the display would not work(?). I guess that the same thing might be at work here as the screens have a banner message of "No Data".
The only iA6B Rx that I have that does provide an RSSI value is probably the latest f/w.

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”