epeskye Quirks

eepSKYe is the desktop too for flashing and managing your sky9x firmware.
skylark

epeskye Quirks

Post by skylark »

Mike,
I have been playing around with eepskye lately, I quite like it, very fast boot time, running on sam-ba_2.11. It would be nice if you could tweak it work with sam-ba_2.12. Also is it possible to port the quick setup wizard from C9x to eepskye ?. There is a couple of small quirks with eepskye. (A) in the mixes curve 6 is flat line 0 (in C9x curve 6 is an ascending line graph). Setting up a swash mix everything seem to work ok at the midstick setting. When throttle is increased above midpoint all setting seem to go awry. If Id1 is selected only the throttle advances, if ID2 is selected all servo setting reverts to the midstick position. This is not the case in C9x, so I changed the curve 6 to ascending graph and things seemed normal as in C9x. So it seems, in eepskye this, (Change curve 6 from flatline to graph), has to be done on all new mixes for those new mixes to function correctly. This is what I've experienced. It could be just a quirk on my machine, maybe. I would sure like to know. Has anyone else experienced this (Murphy at work syndrome) ?. Not that I am complaining, far from it, just reporting. In any event you are doing a brilliant and creditable job Mike. Thanks.
Stan.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not, is a fool: SHUN HIM.

He who knows and knows he knows, is a wise man : SEEK HIM

But he who knows not and knows he knows not, is a baby: TEACH HIM.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: epeskye Quirks

Post by MikeB »

What problems do you have using SAM-BA 2.12?
If I know, then I can address them. I've just downloaded a copy of SAM-BA 2.12 to try.

I'm not sure I understand your reference to curve 6. This, by default, like all the other curves is flat. Are you using a template?

I'll have toinvestigate the quick setup wizard to see what might be possible.

I don't fly helis so I'm reliant on feedback to sort any problems!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
skylark

Post by skylark »

Mike, Quite right, by default all curves are flat. When a model is set up curves are allocated for various functions, ie Throttle IDO, ID1, and ID2 are assigned curves 1,2 and 3, Whilst CH 11 curves 4,5 and 6. in C9x curve 6 is a graph but in eepskye that same curve 6 is still flat which create confusion with the mixes. but if manually changed to a graph all seem to function OK. I only found this out by accident while trying to set up my 4 servo swash mix. This has been my experience with eepskye. Maybe I am doing something totally wrong or missing a beat somewhere. If so I need to know what.
Samba 2.12 works flawlessly with C9x after romolo did his fix, IMO C9x works better with 2.12 than with 2.11. However It does not work with eepskye. Usually starts ok then crashes and ends with an error. It would be a nice touch if it could work with eepskye it also boots much faster than 2.11 on win7 and win8.
If the wizard could be ported that would be drilliant. I makes it so quick and easy to set up a detailed model framework ready for customizing saving time in eg shifting mixes to and from specific channels to personal preferences and requirements. As I see it, it could be helpful to both novice and pro alike.
Hope this helps. Cheers.
Stan.

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Does eepesky still require it to be added to eepe or is there a new eepe that installs eepesky at the same time. I was asked this question so I thought I'd better keep up to date. I held off using eepesky for a few weeks to allow it to mature.
SM

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've had a look at the heli template, curve 6 is there, with the same code as on the Tx. The Tx does create the curve OK, but for some reason eepe/eepskye don't seem to actually set the curve. I did just run it it in debug mode, and the values are being set, so I have to see if they are lost later on.

SM: For windows, the last revision of eepe install also installed eepskye in the same directory.

Mike.

Edit: Found a very obscure bug (actually a missing line of code) that blocked setting any curves above curve 5.
erskyTx/er9x developer

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Thanks Mike, I'll pass on the good news to the new ver 3 owner.
SM

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.
skylark

Post by skylark »

Sounds like progress Mike. Thanks.
Stan.

Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

I have just started to use eepskye since I got my 9XR Pro, prior to this I did all my programming and model setup on the radio. I am running it on a 64bit Linux Mint17 system and am using V402 of the program. Every time I go to simulate a model I get this error message "(eepskye:11814): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_get_direction: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed" in the terminal session that I run the program from.

What is it telling me, is there something extra I need to install, or can I just ignore this message.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I don't know. I run using windows, and I have a (32-bit) version of linux running in a "VirtualBox" I use to build the Linux version (also 32-bit).
Maybe another Linux user can help.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

This error seems to come from the interaction between Qt (eepskye is Qt based) and Gtk (the graphic toolkit, your window manager seems based on it). I would try to follow this post:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1460 ... -widget-fa
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

Thanks Bertrand, but thiis does not seem like an easy fix, as I have a virtual machine running XP I changed over to the windoze version.

Return to “eepSKYe”