eepSKYe

eepSKYe is the desktop too for flashing and managing your sky9x firmware.
gohsthb

Re: eepSKYe

Post by gohsthb »

Mine is accepting all 10 characters. Click way out on the name line, then backspace through them. If there are already characters out there, i.e. spaces, then it won't let you add any more. Likewise if it stops accepting characters, then use 'delete' and it will accept more.
-Gohst

SFflyer

Post by SFflyer »

@gohsthb - thanks for that, you're right ! For some reason when the program is started the name entry box is already populated with a number of spaces (usually 2 or 3 but sometimes more ). I hadn't realised this and always started with the cursor right at the start.
So that solves that one - I hope that there aren't similar problems with the other issues I flagged up !
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

SFflyer wrote:Model name limited to 8 chars - actually better than eepe but could it be more ?
I'll trim trailing spaces from the name when put into the editing box.
SFflyer wrote:Switches: problem with adding booleans for CSW_M on my model (.bin appended) but can do this on an 'empty' model set-up. Memory size setting ?
Found and fixed the problem.
SFflyer wrote:Can't use decimal points in FrSky alarms set-up - already reported but this is no different than with eepe.
The alarm settings use the raw analog value (0-255), so no decimal points.
SFflyer wrote:I have an unwanted offset creeping in on Ch5.
What do you do to cause this, if anything?
SFflyer wrote:I am using delays on Ch10 & Ch11. These work ok in eePskye for Ch10 the first time it is activated but not subsequently.Doesn't work at all on Ch11. Works as intended on the Tx.
The simulator needs some more work, I was getting the editor working fully first.
SFflyer wrote:Can't resize the Model Edit window other than horizontally - i.e. vertical & diagonal re-sizing not active.
It seems to have a minimum height, I can make it bigger, my PC screen is 1080 high!
SFflyer wrote:I found that I can't read data from Tx - get the message 'Error reading file. File wrong size - C/Users/AppData/Local/Temp/temp.bin' Others clearly can, where am I going wrong ??
Have you set the SAM-BA path in preferences? Do you get a popup window showing the SAM-BA progress?
SFflyer wrote:All the voice switch data can be set up - and it works fine on the Tx - but can eePskye (or eepe for that matter) activate a sound file on the PC. Not found anything about this on the forums but it would be excellent if it could.
Something else for me to look into!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

r5 now on the first post, fixed a few bugs as above.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

SFflyer wrote:Model name limited to 8 chars - actually better than eepe but could it be more ?
The same thing happens in eepe.
SFflyer wrote:Can't use decimal points in FrSky alarms set-up - already reported but this is no different than with eepe.
It would be nice if it worked like it does in the radio. Where it displays the voltage or amps, whatever.
SFflyer wrote:Can't resize the Model Edit window other than horizontally - i.e. vertical & diagonal re-sizing not active.
The minimum size might be getting set by the custom switches tab, it appears to be the longest.
SFflyer wrote:All the voice switch data can be set up - and it works fine on the Tx - but can eePskye (or eepe for that matter) activate a sound file on the PC. Not found anything about this on the forums but it would be excellent if it could.
This would be a nice feature, +1 for adding this to your todo list.

-Gohst

kaos

Post by kaos »

wow, I am impressed with r5. just went through my backup pages on eepskye r5 quickly, looks great. will check in detail tomorrow/ today. ;)

just a quick view, under 'frysky/telemetry' tab, seems the BT rate and com port assignment is missing and the voltage still does not have decimal. 13.2 --> 132
the model name in the heading (on the window label) is shifted one model down the list (it has the next model name) and one character short but the actual model name in the set up page (where you enter the model name) is correct.

This is cosmetic: the 'about eeskye' window, the big red 'eepe' now should be 'eepskye' , the 'er9x eeprom editor' --> 'ersky9x eeprom editor' ;)

a question: there is a battery calibration under 'calibration' tab in tx setup. this calibration needs to be done just one time in A tx or needs to be done each time the battery is removed and reinstalled? I guess my question is whether this voltage difference of true value and the tx/board reading is constant for each board?
I got my tx battery hooked up with balance charging leads already, I never remove the tx batt now. do I need to recalibrate after recharge?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Battery calibration should only need to be done once. It is for the electronic circuitry, not the actual battery.
I need to sort a graphic for the about window.
I'll look into the other items you mention.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

I get this error as soon as I double click on eepskye.exe...see attached image.
Attachments
eepskye error.JPG
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

You need to copy that file into your existing eepe directory. Then run it from there.
-Gohst

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

Thanks, that worked
preston91

Post by preston91 »

I dl'ed eepsky and got it running. when I tried to read memory from TX I got a file size error this is the original eeprom file that I started from scratch on the TX any ideas what's wrong?

Paul
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Have you set the location of SAM-BA in preferences?
Do you get a text window showing SAM-BA's progress when downloading the EEPROM?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

kaos wrote:the model name in the heading (on the window label) is shifted one model down the list (it has the next model name) and one character short but the actual model name in the set up page (where you enter the model name) is correct.
Can't see this problem. Is this the model editing window? Seems OK to me, just says Editing model 6, no name.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kaos

Post by kaos »

OK, when I open the backed up eeprom file. there is a list of all model names. each name is one character short at the end on display.
then when you click open the model, in the model editing window, the window label: "editting model 1: xxxxxxx " at top, the name is actually the next model name with one character short, but the name is the editing field is correct. this is like this until model #18 then the window name and the actual name is matching again. it is odd.

and yes, if you open a blank model, it seems OK. only on the backed up existing models.

edit: just made a screen print so you can take a look at these names:
Attachments
eepskye editing window.zip
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 277 times
kaos

Post by kaos »

OK, beside the above post this is my findings:
Tx setup:
spker volume: actual 12 backed up as 7 (I will use 12-> 7 from now)
screen brightness: 100->0
capcity alarm (I think on eepskye use 'Mah"): 1950->2496
current calibration: I can't find in fW on the tx
rotary divisor: 2->nothing recorded

Model setup:
extended limit is not on the backup at all.

voice switch: all voice file number I have are correctly backed up , except file 250 all backed up as 249

Telemetry2 screen on Tx (12/14)
only number of blades one item is in current backup and 2->4

so far that's all.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Sorted most of those things. The BT baudrate is a general setting, not model specific.
r6 on the first post.
The current calibration is on the ANA screen, along with the voltage calibration.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
preston91

Post by preston91 »

MikeB wrote:Have you set the location of SAM-BA in preferences?
Do you get a text window showing SAM-BA's progress when downloading the EEPROM?

Mike.
Mike
yes I set the samba location in preferences and was able to DL the FW ( I think page 5 says it's rev 153 Ver 1598 eepe says its the latest....
when I attempt to read memory I briefly get the sam-ba screen then I get another window that says:
error reading file
file wrong size, C:/users/paul/appdata/local/temp/temp.bin
I looked for this file but didn't see the/ appdata/ folder in /paul/
kaos

Post by kaos »

I think I saw that couple times too. but restart made it go away. I think I was starting eepskye too fast after the usb is plugged in. it may take a while for tx to settle in before reading eeprom.
edit: also, if I remember correctly. samba can only be run once, if you flash the FW, you probably need to get out and get back in the program to read eeprom.

ha, now we have a genuine 'EEPSKYE' r6 instead of a eepe make believe. ;) will try it today.
SFflyer

Post by SFflyer »

That's exactly the same error message that I reported above. I used the SAM-BA 'Browse' button to re-navigate to the program, deleted the USB COM setting and re-entered it ( having checked the com port via Device Manager - it hadn't changed) and hey-presto it worked. No problems since but I have no idea why it occurred to start with.
With regard to the inability to re-size the editing window height of 800 pixels it seems that gohst was correct and it is the length of the switches list that prevents it. On my PC with a vertical resolution of 1048 pixels this isn't a problem but on my laptop with a vert resolution of 768 I lose the bottom 'simulate' button.
The simulation screen shows us the switch buttons from SW1 to SWC but not alas those from SWE to SWO - could a second row of buttons be shown ?
chapterone

Post by chapterone »

Hi, Help needed
I'm trying to load an eeprom file from Tx with eePskye.
I have placed eePskye in the epee directory.
I point to my Samba 2.12

This is the message I get

This is my setup:
Ersky board Rev.B, firmware r159, Coproc. 0105.

What's the problem?
Kenth
kaos

Post by kaos »

I am using samba 2.11 without any problem. a while ago, i remember there is some issue with 2.12. I think there is some changes in 2.12. is there a 2.121?

edit: Ok, just did a backup reading eeprom. error occurs. tried again still so. now after plug in usb and wait for 20 sec or so. start eepskye. no problem. may be it just take some time for sky9x settle down after we heard the 'ding dong' from pc indicating usb is connnected.
chapterone

Post by chapterone »

kaos wrote:I am using samba 2.11 without any problem. a while ago, i remember there is some issue with 2.12. I think there is some changes in 2.12. is there a 2.121?

edit: Ok, just did a backup reading eeprom. error occurs. tried again still so. now after plug in usb and wait for 20 sec or so. start eepskye. no problem. may be it just take some time for sky9x settle down after we heard the 'ding dong' from pc indicating usb is connnected.
I tried to add the latest 2.12 patch2.a but nothing change.
It doesn't help to wait for a minute. Still the same message. It seams to be ok to 95%??

Kenth
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've only ever used SAM-BA 2.11. I might try 2.12 when I get some time. If you can, try installing 2.11, there's a downloadable zip of it on the downloads section of the ersky9x googlecode page.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

That looks like the problem C9X had with 2.12. I know it was fixed, but no idea how. Might be worth having a look at the recent commits.
kaos

Post by kaos »

findings in r6:
the name of model has been fixed. ;)

the telemetry page still missing quite a few items.

Tx setup:
brightness- 100->0
capacity alarm- 1950->2496
rotary deivisor: 2-> ---

model setup:
telemetry-
may A1/A2 channel than channel 1/2 to match what is on Tx.
channel 1 13.2v->132
channel 2 19.8->198

custom swithes-
v1 v2 telemetry
A2= 10.2v --- becomes A2= 7 102C
A1= 43v --- becomes A1= -41 84

voice switches-
switch value
VS16 varibl TRN A1= becomes varibl TRN ---
VS17 varibl TRN A2= becomes varibl TRN A1= (yes, a2 becomes a1, a2 becomes ---)

voice file 250->249 , all other file numbers seem correct.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I need to ask exactly what you are doing to get the brightness going from 100 to 0? Are you writing to the sky board, or just loading and saving a file?
My tests don't show the problem, but I'm just reading and writing a file, nor updating the radio EEPROM. The same applies to the other items you mention in Tx setup.

I thought the telemetry page values for A1 and A2 are the same (raw) values as on eepe.

I'll check the voice switches.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kaos

Post by kaos »

ah! Yes, so far I am only checking if everything is backed up correctly for now. I use eepskye to backup the eeprom to a file then open the eeprom file from eepskye (or should say I read the eeprom to eepskye then save it to a file). that brightness is supposed to be 100 but once backed up it becomes 0 on eepskye, the same for the rest of the items I mentioned.
Those are all my actual flying model settings.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

OK, got some of the problems sorted, r7 on the first post.
I still haven't found the voice file 250->249 problem yet. I changed one thing to do with it.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
SFflyer

Post by SFflyer »

Looking good Mike. I've not found any problem so far with the voice files saving correctly.
I realised that my problem with the 'unwanted' Ch5 offset was because of the curve I had applied to this channel - and forgotten.
Re. the switches shown on the simulation panel :-

Any votes in favour (if it's possible) ?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I have added a second row of switches, reduced the size of the 3 pots slightly to make room. Just left the BEEP on the top row and a gap on the bottom row, it was the easiest way to do it!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “eepSKYe”