FBVS01 voltage sensor

Development & General Chat for the superb openxvario project.

Moderator: rainer

antlerhanger

FBVS01 voltage sensor

Post by antlerhanger »

So somehow going thru my stuff I found 6 of the FBVS01 voltage sensors .. Looks to me to be a voltage divider (probably wrong ) :lol: ...Can i use these to measure voltage with my vario's that I have built ? . I have Ms5611 and gps on my vario's , would like to measure total bat. voltage

Thanks again
Allen

Carbo

Re: FBVS01 voltage sensor

Post by Carbo »

Yes. The division ratio is 2:1 or 4:1 or 6:1. You can simply use the first number as #define RESISTOR_TO_VOLTAGE and the second number (always 1) as #define RESISTOR_TO_GROUND to get the true voltage displayed. Did not test it, but there is a good chance it will work as described ;)
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

Thanks for the reply...So I connect V+ to A0 but do I hook ground to ground or leave it unhooked .

Thanks
Allen
Carbo

Post by Carbo »

Both ways will work in practice. There is a small risk that the additional GND connection will have to deliver the complete power if the standard GND connection fails. Worst case is burning tracks in RX. So better unhooked.
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

I will leave ground unhooked...Thank you so much for your help

Thanks so much
Allen

Carbo

Post by Carbo »

You're welcome, and I hope you'll have so much fun with oXs like me :)
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

So the FBVS01 voltage sensor works fantastic.. It is exact on the radio measured against a watt meter and multimeter .It's actually a little more accurate then the Frsky SP-FLVS sensor .. Took me a bit to configure it , but it is dialed in..Also have the current sensor and the GPS along with the ms5611 and mpu6050 working great ..Thanks again for making it possible to build these .

Thanks
Allen

Return to “OpenXVario - an open source vario supported by the open source firmwares!!”