Problem with vario

Development & General Chat for the superb openxvario project.

Moderator: rainer

antlerhanger

Problem with vario

Post by antlerhanger »

I had a vario built with 2 ms5611 and everything worked great . I decided I would split the ms5611 up and make 2 vario's ..Neither ms5611 would work by themselves . I did go into the config a set them for individual . green light would come on each of them and nothing .I built a different one with a new ms5611 with same config files and it works fine . I then hooked the 2 original ms5611 's back up together changed config for 2 of them on same vario and they work . I guess my question is can I split these up and reset something or will they always have to be together now ? Not a big deal just would like to know why .

Allen

kalle123

Re: Problem with vario

Post by kalle123 »

Sounds strange.

I would connect those ms5611 separately on a arduino and run a I2C scanner sketch. Just to see, that each ms5611 shows up clean on the I2C bus.

br KH
mstrens

Post by mstrens »

There is no reason why it would not be possible to reuse the MS5611 on 2 different arduino.
You only have to take care of the I2C adress.
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

Thanks so much ! I will download the sketch and see what is happening .

Allen
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

So I ran 2 different pro mini with each ms5611 showing 0x77 as address.. I then combined the 2 with only one sensor showing connected ( I think I needed to add a wire to one of them) but anyway I then connected back to pro mini and the first one I tried worked fine..Must have been a bad wire somewhere .I have not hooked the second back up but it will probably work . If I want to combine these 2 what wire do I add to force the second into 0x76 address ?

Thanks
Allen

antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

I found it in another thread .Second MS5611 must have the MS5611 CE (chip enable) pin connected to VDD. So it gets automatically an I2C address 0x76..I'm just going to run singles as that's all I need .

Thanks again
Allen
kalle123

Post by kalle123 »

antlerhanger wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:08 pm I found it in another thread .
That is not the first place to have a look. ;)

Start here, this is the important document oXs_config_description.h

Chapter 4.1

* Both sensors are connected in parallel (using same Arduino pins A4 and A5).
* First sensor ( MS5611 or BMPxxx) reacts on an I2C address 0x77.
* When used, second sensor (a MS5611) must have the MS5611 CE (chip enable) pin connected to VDD. So it gets automatically an I2C address 0x76. (note: default MS5611 has CE connected to GND and so an I2C address = 0x77)
* Note : When only one sensor is used, it must be connected as first sensor.

br KH

Return to “OpenXVario - an open source vario supported by the open source firmwares!!”