Please, do you have a complete sketch ?

Development & General Chat for the superb openxvario project.

Moderator: rainer

Billy60

Please, do you have a complete sketch ?

Post by Billy60 »

Good evening to all
Congratulations for those fantastic achievements for the OXS ! just great indeed !
Now, I have been scrolling through lots of net pages and github pages and forum pages to collect all sorts of build instructions, in order to start with OpenXVario simply.
I found that most of the pages are outdated, incomplete and finally do not really know what has to be uploaded to the Promini.
The hardware instructions are qui simple and are no problem.
The software: this is a different story ! If you download the supposedly latest version (OXS 8.1) you get a long list of arduino libraries, or in some other instructions found, a much shorter one ... which ones do I have to declare in the arduino ? where and how ?
The config.h file can be configurated by hand editing or with the Configurator... then what ? do I have to copy/paste its content in the final sketch to be uploaded to the Promini ?
But what next ?

To sum it up : Could it be possible to write an up-to-date instruction list ? with latest links, for the latest versions of software,
with what has to be done, when, and even how. I have been tinkering a bit with Arduino but I must say that nothing was so complex so I feel lost.

In fact, if someone could upload his complete sketch, including all files (config.h and others) in one piece ?
I and all other would be so grateful !

In advance, huge thanks !

An extra question: could it be possible to have the OXSVrio work with an ATTIny chip Arduino ?

mstrens

Re: Please, do you have a complete sketch ?

Post by mstrens »

OpenXvario is not maintained anymore.
Use openXsensor instead.
Use this link: https://github.com/openXsensor/openXsensor
Download and unzip all files from master branch.
Open openXsensor directory and select openXsensor.ino. It should open arduino IDE with many tabs.
Read file oXs_config_description.h
This file explains how to configure the parameters (to be edited in 2 files : oXs_config_basic.h and oXs_config_advanced.h
Do not use the configurator: it does not work with the latest version because it has not been updated since a long time.
If you still have questions, just ask here.
Billy60

Re: Please, do you have a complete sketch ?

Post by Billy60 »

Thanks a lot Mstrens !
That is what I needed, I will go on , starting by cleaning all my downloads.
Keep you informed, I am still waiting for my baro sensors.
Have a good day.

Return to “OpenXVario - an open source vario supported by the open source firmwares!!”