analog baro

Development & General Chat for the superb openxvario project.

Moderator: rainer

michel49

analog baro

Post by michel49 »

Hi,

I own an OSD which include a GPS which is not very accurate, is there a way to add an analog baro to one of the analog inputs ? a brand one or DIY one.

Thanks

MP

mstrens

Re: analog baro

Post by mstrens »

OpenXsensor project allows to connect e.g. a GY-63 module (a digital baro sensor) to an arduino pro mini.
The program read the sensor and calculates the air pressure, and so the altitude and the vertical speed.
Normally those data are sent to the transmitter using one of the following protocols : Frsky, Hott, Jeti or Multiplex
Still the program can also generate an analog signal based on the calculated vertical speed.

It should be quite easy (one or 2 lines to be modified) to let the arduino generates an "analog" signal based on the altitude.

Please note that when the arduino generates an "analog" signal, it is in fact a pwm signal and so it requires a resistor and a capacitor to filter the signal and get a real analog signal.

If you need more detail on how to do it, please ask for.
michel49

Re: analog baro

Post by michel49 »

thanks mstrens, that is what I need; I always used an arduino with my Jeti sensors 'RCthoughts), I own many pro-mini, will it be good ?

the input of my OSD can run up to 3.3 volts, it would be good to match 330 meters

I wait your input

Thanks

MP

Return to “OpenXVario - an open source vario supported by the open source firmwares!!”