OpenXsensor fully loaded. Is it possible?

Development & General Chat for the superb openxvario project.

Moderator: rainer

Richard

OpenXsensor fully loaded. Is it possible?

Post by Richard »

Gents, I have a few planes fitted with openXsensor, together with FrSky voltage sensor. I am using right now (and very happy about) a GPS and Baro with the Arduino processor. Now, I want to go one step further, by adding airspeed and sonar sensors to the Arduino.
I don't know if this is possible, if the hardware will support the two additional sensors or if there is a FW that will support them. I was looking in the one I have, (I know there are some updated version already), but I did not find any reference to either sonar or airspeed sensors. (or I overlooked them, but I found the references for the GPS and Baro).
If the FW support is available, can anyone tell me where should I connect both sensors, please?
Thanks a lot
Richard

mstrens

Re: OpenXsensor fully loaded. Is it possible?

Post by mstrens »

a sonar sensor is not supported by oXs.
oXs can support an airspeed sensor (simultanously with baro and GPS and others sensors).
There are 2 kind of sensors that can be used for airspeed.
A digital one and an analog one (this one is cheaper but less accurate; it requires also a cheap ads1115 module).
This is explained in the file oXs_config_description available on github at
https://github.com/openXsensor/openXsen ... cription.h
Richard

Re: OpenXsensor fully loaded. Is it possible?

Post by Richard »

Thanks a lot mstrens.
Have a good one.
Richard

Return to “OpenXVario - an open source vario supported by the open source firmwares!!”