HoTT sensor types

Development & General Chat for the superb openxvario project.

Moderator: rainer

pritt500

HoTT sensor types

Post by pritt500 »

Hi,

I’m using several openXsensors in various planes and I’m very happy and satisfied.
Unfortunately the Graupner HoTT TXs are not so flexible regarding the display of the telemetry values as others like Open TX.
The display screens depend on the type of sensor (GAM EAM, ESC, GPS and so on)
Therefore I would like to have the possibility to select how the openXsenor acts by defining this sensor type. Additionally it would be possible to create a modular system and connect more than one openXsensor to the receiver with is at the moment not possible as all are acting as GAMs.

Is it somehow possible to change/define the sensor type?

Thanks and best regards,
Thomas

mstrens

Re: HoTT sensor types

Post by mstrens »

Currently oXs emulate only the GAM protocol.
In theory it shouls be possible to emulate other protocol predefined by Hott too.
Do you have an idea of the protocol(s) that you want.
pritt500

Post by pritt500 »

Hi mstrens,

For me the most important protocol would be the ESC. The idea behind is to build a “telemetry ESC” by attaching an openXsensor to a normal ESC as standard equipment of my planes and attach a separate GAM openXsensor with additional functionality (like vario or GPS)

The ESC protocol should be able to transmit voltage, current, capacity, rpm and temperature.

Best regards,
Thomas
pritt500

Post by pritt500 »

Hi mstrens,

Just checked the manual of my TX and I would revise priority. VARIO protocol and GPS would be perfect for my purposes. Then I could build pure a pure vario or a pure GPS sensor which could be combined with a GAM attached to the ESC.

Best regards,
Thomas

Return to “OpenXVario - an open source vario supported by the open source firmwares!!”