openxsensor Feature Request: lost model buzzer

Development & General Chat for the superb openxvario project.

Moderator: rainer

andre

openxsensor Feature Request: lost model buzzer

Post by andre »

hi,
First of all, I want to thank all the community for the resources and the help provided.

I'm here to suggest a feature for openxsensor: a lost model buzzer, activated through a radio channel (so you can control it through a switch, and also set failsafe).
I use this buzzer (https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingr- ... uzzer.html) in other planes and it's great, expecially for the price, but it's restricted to 5V voltage, and now I'm building a glider with 2S lipo as power source, HV servos and no BEC, and this HK buzzer wouldn't work.

Since I'm thinking of using an openxsensor variometer, I was wondering about adding this feature, adding a rx channel input, and a buzzer output, but I'm totally out of programming knowledge, therefore I'm here asking you if it's something simple, or it doesn't worth the effort.

Thank you
Andrea

mstrens

Re: openxsensor Feature Request: lost model buzzer

Post by mstrens »

I thinkyou can already do it with openXsensor if you set up the Sequencer.
Please read the doc in the file oXs_description.h
andre

Post by andre »

Thank you, I haven't looked so deeply into the doc, I will study it, and probably come back with more questions =D
andre

Post by andre »

Ok, I've looked to the Sequencer description, but it seems to output a steady signal 0% or 100%, for each sequence.
This works with things like led, but a piezoelectric buzzer requires an oscillating signal to work. In fact almost every guide found on Google suggests to use the "tone" function.

I hope I have written it correctly, because English is not my primary language, and I have little knowledge in electronics and programming. Thank you again
mstrens

Post by mstrens »

andre wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:04 pm Ok, I've looked to the Sequencer description, but it seems to output a steady signal 0% or 100%, for each sequence.
This works with things like led, but a piezoelectric buzzer requires an oscillating signal to work. In fact almost every guide found on Google suggests to use the "tone" function.

I hope I have written it correctly, because English is not my primary language, and I have little knowledge in electronics and programming. Thank you again
As far I know, it is easy to find a buzzer that requires only a continous voltage (the oscillator is included inside the buzzer).
Here a model that should work (I expect)
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32847263 ... b201603_53

andre

Post by andre »

ok, I just discovered the existence, and the difference, between "active" buzzer, and "passive" buzzer. Passive is just a bare component, while the active one has an internal oscillator and can have 3 connection pins: V+, GND, and signal.

I think that an active buzzer should work. Thank you for your help.
Bye.

Return to “OpenXVario - an open source vario supported by the open source firmwares!!”