New beta version of openXsensor (=openXvario)

Development & General Chat for the superb openxvario project.

Moderator: rainer

Avionic78

Re: New beta version of openXsensor (=openXvario)

Post by Avionic78 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:23 am

For my opinion the most important point is : sensor + arduino + GY 521 + C script embedded in the plane.
https://superair78.wordpress.com/4-la-t ... n-arduino/
LUA script is just a "cosmetic" tool to display the parameters on the radio. You can write a specific code for that.

jhsa

Post by jhsa » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:10 pm

Or Perhaps I don't even need a script.. :(

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

ddano007

Post by ddano007 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:19 pm

Maybe naive question ( to mstrens): isn`t it possible to add FlySky iBus protocol to OXS project? I found some small projects for DIY sensor for FlySky ia6B/ ia10B receivers, but nothing so complex as OXS...

mstrens

Post by mstrens » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:24 pm

do you have a link to a documentation on the FlySky iBus protocol?

mstrens

Post by mstrens » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:59 pm

I am not sure it should be possible to support this protocol with oXs.
This protocol uses 115200 baud rate which is quite fast for oXs because oXs does not use the hardware UART to communicate with the Rx. It uses a sofware serial UART because some protocol like FRSKY uses an inverted signal (not supported by the hardware UART).

oXs reserves then the hardware UART for reading the GPS.

ddano007

Post by ddano007 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:28 am

mstrens wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:59 pm
I am not sure it should be possible to support this protocol with oXs.
This protocol uses 115200 baud rate which is quite fast for oXs because oXs does not use the hardware UART to communicate with the Rx. It uses a sofware serial UART because some protocol like FRSKY uses an inverted signal (not supported by the hardware UART).

oXs reserves then the hardware UART for reading the GPS.
Oh, that`s pity. :cry:
However thanks for reply.

antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:36 pm

This will be a very newb question.. In config basic you have Data to transmit ..on each item you can choose volt 1, volt 2 etc. Exactly what do the volt 1 volt 2 , ads volt1 etc. represent ?..I have fumbled my way thru to have a ms5611 , mpu6050 , GPS , current sensor , voltage sensor all working great. But in reality I have kinda just stumbled along ..For instance if I wanted to display fuel..In data to transmit which voltage would I choose ?
Just want to understand more

Thanks
Allen

Carbo

Post by Carbo » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:26 am

Hi Allen,

not sure, if my boring german video can be helpful for you. You can watch me configuring a simple voltage-measurement. Don't try subtitles or automatic translation, unless you want to laugh ;) It's hard to understand for native germans also :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLKmGbSvDp8
The safest way is to work with mstrens oXs_config_description.h, which is the official manual.

antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:15 pm

Carbo I love your videos !!! I've got everything working , i was just wondering in extra items to display, what is the meaning of volt 1, volt 2 adsvolt 1 etc. . And if i wanted to display fuel in mah how would I get it to work . I've read the description file many times..maybe I missed it..Wouldn't be to suprising for a OKIE to miss something :lol:

Thanks
Allen

Carbo

Post by Carbo » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:53 am

antlerhanger wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:15 pm
I've got everything working , i was just wondering in extra items to display, what is the meaning of volt 1, volt 2 adsvolt 1 etc. . And if i wanted to display fuel in mah how would I get it to work.
VOLT_1, VOLT_2, VOLT_3 , VOLT_4, VOLT_5 , VOLT_6, ADS_VOLT_1, ADS_VOLT_2, ADS_VOLT_3, ADS_VOLT_4 are oXs internal variables for voltages, coming from Arduino analog-in or from ADS1115 16bit A/D. In oXs_config_basic.h you can assign them to nearly any FrSky/OpenTX variable. It is very flexible, you can use an acceleration variable to transmit a voltage (but take care of precision).

If you use OpenTX a calculated sensor "Consumption" with your current sensor as source calculates mAh. No need to use the FrSky/OpenTX Fuel variable. In oXs it is only possible by default to transmit a voltage in "Fuel".

"2.1 - Frsky data" in oXs_config_basic.h shows the FrSky/OpenTX variables on the left side and the available oXs internal variables on the right side. You decide, which data you transmit in which field.

Come on, it's easy ;) I only needed to send mstrens about 214 emails to understand the basics :D

antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:33 pm

Thanks for the information !!! I have my current sensor on a2 on the arduino .. My current reading on the radio is dead on in telemetry . Even in fuel I now get total mah cunsumed but it reads the same as mah ..I guess what I was looking for is a percentage of the total mah used from the battery (which is a 3 cell 2200 mah bat. ) ..I use erskyTX not openTX , so there is probably a little difference there .. It's no biggie I was just wanting to see if I could make it work that way. I have everything working as far as sensors..Ms5611,npu6050, current sensor, I used the older voltage sensor on A0 and it reads dead on . Gps works so I was just being greedy I guess :D

Thanks for the help
Allen

Return to “OpenXVario - an open source vario supported by the open source firmwares!!”