A phoenix flight sim question

Electronic projects that are either related to the firmwares for the 9x, or simply great for radio control applications.
rcgyuk

A phoenix flight sim question

Post by rcgyuk »

Hi,

I have a 35 Mhz cheap plastic Tx that came with a Parkjet that I will never use ( the Tx, not the plane !!! ), as I converted the plane to Frsky, and fly it with Open9x.

This TX does not have a buddy box socket.

What I would like to do is some how connect this Tx to my PC, to control the Phoenix V4 flight Sim.

I'm guessing there are two parts to this, open the TX, find the wires to the part that creates the signal ( RF Module ? ), and wire up a socket of some sort.

Then I need to make a lead with a USB plug on one end, something to connect to the newly created socket on the TX on the other, and in the middle something to replicate the little black box Phoenix have in the middle of their lead (I have no idea what it is or what it does).

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Thanks

ShowMaster

Re: A phoenix flight sim question

Post by ShowMaster »

Maybe this will work.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... y_FMS.html
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364287754.021496.jpg
You will have to find the ppm signal on the tx you want to use to fern into this adapter.
The ppm signal can be found with a scope quickly. If you don't have a scope it'll be a wire and ground going to the rf output circuit. There are free scope programs that use the mic input on a PC we've discussed here in the past but I've never tried one. Without a scope it'll be difficult. You can listen for the ppm growl using a small audio amp input while touching the exposed wire ends going into the rf output stage. The board with the antenna mount on it.
SM

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.

Return to “General RC Electronic Projects and Discussion”