SBUS Servo Configuration Protocol

Electronic projects that are either related to the firmwares for the 9x, or simply great for radio control applications.
wilopaan

SBUS Servo Configuration Protocol

Post by wilopaan »

Hi all,

SBUS-servos can be configured, e.g. to listen to a specific SBUS-Channel, or other parameters.

In the SBUS-descriptions I've seen so far, I'm not aware of a specification for this kind of information.

I like to build my own SBUS-servo-programmer, but I can't find any info on this.

Thanks,
Wilhelm

rdeanchurch

Re: SBUS Servo Configuration Protocol

Post by rdeanchurch »

It seems to me the connection between a servo channel changer and a servo or SBus to PWM will have to be reversed engineered. I do have a FrSky Servo Channel Changer, but have not got around to building a sniffer to record traffic between it and a servo. Supposedly the FrSkY SBus is an implementation of the Futaba Spec.
I've not found a lot on this. But here is some of what I've found:
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=99708.0
Attachments
SBus_Specification_B.0_Dec9-0800-5922-10.pdf
(6.61 MiB) Downloaded 555 times
sbus.pdf
(190.53 KiB) Downloaded 551 times
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
wilopaan

Post by wilopaan »

Thanks Dean!

Sadly, the first document has nothing to do with the SBUS-called serial protocol in the RC world. Anyway, the second is useful.

But my problem is not SBUS at all - I'm using SBUS since long time.

I like to know how the servo programming works, because this must be an enrichment to the original SBUS protocol.

Thanks,
Wilhelm
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

Since the Channel Changer works by connecting the servo to the SBus, yes it is some variant of the SBus protocol. But I have not found any docs. on how it works. That is why I suggested a needed to have a sniffer/monitor that looks at what channel changer sends when first powered on, then what happens when a servo a SBus to PWM is connected. Since SBus allows parallel connection this should just be a passive monitor.
Sorry about the first document, I just found it and hoped it was a formal definition of SBus, I guess it was for the old Sun computers after the review of it.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
michel49

Post by michel49 »

I checked it don't work with Corona Sbus servos.

Voodoo

Post by Voodoo »

Any progress on this?
I can't find anything too.

Changing parameters by Servo Channel Changer would be a fantastic option fo my DIY SBUS project "SBUS-Switch".
http://rc-network.de/forum/showthread.p ... ost4538997

In my version 2, I can drive 8 switched ports over only 1 channel. It is possible to daisy chain two or more SBUS-Switch modules.
The limit are the maximum 64 mixers in openTX at the moment. (Each switched port needs one mixer)

Return to “General RC Electronic Projects and Discussion”