th9x and Sbus module

The original alternative firmware. Suitable for all 9x based radio control transmitters.
Post Reply
tomatos666
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:51 am
Country: -

th9x and Sbus module

Post by tomatos666 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:04 am

Hello,

i have my th9x since 4 years and im happy with them. I use the FRSKY DJT and the D4R-II module for flight.
Now i hav changed the filghtcontroller. This support only SBUS, IBUS, SPEKTRUM and Crossfire bud no PPM :oops: .
So i have to change or ad something. :roll:
My question is what module from FRSKY with SBUS are compatible with the th9x?
IT work also the R9 Long range module?
I hobe you can help me. Thanks!


User avatar
Kilrah
Posts: 10271
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:56 pm
Country: Switzerland

Re: th9x and Sbus module

Post by Kilrah » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:45 am

SBUS is a receiver feature, not module. So you need to look for a receiver that works with your module and can output SBUS.

tomatos666
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:51 am
Country: -

Re: th9x and Sbus module

Post by tomatos666 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:22 am

Kilrah wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:45 am
SBUS is a receiver feature, not module. So you need to look for a receiver that works with your module and can output SBUS.
Thanks for your answer.
Please correct me when im wrong.
The DJT can comunicate with follow reciever:
D8R-XP RSSI(PWM) CPPM
D8R-II PPM
D4R-II RSSI(PWM) CPPM
V8FR-II PWM?
V8F7-II PWM?
V8R4-II PWM?
VD5M PWM?
How i have visit on FRSKY no one have a SBUS output...

User avatar
Kilrah
Posts: 10271
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:56 pm
Country: Switzerland

Re: th9x and Sbus module

Post by Kilrah » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:37 am

Yeah, the D system is from way before SBUS usage became widespread.
But you can use the X6R or X8R since they can be bound in D8 mode.

tomatos666
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:51 am
Country: -

Re: th9x and Sbus module

Post by tomatos666 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:00 am

Kilrah wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:37 am
Yeah, the D system is from way before SBUS usage became widespread.
But you can use the X6R or X8R since they can be bound in D8 mode.
Thanks for answer. If i want do use the X6R (it´s smaller) so i have to buy the non EU-Version to bring them work wit the DJT?
In the Datashet is writen"X6R-EU version only works with FrSky Taranis X9D Plus-EU version/XJT-EU version in D16-EU mode."
In Sbus i have 8 or 16-Channel´s?


User avatar
Kilrah
Posts: 10271
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:56 pm
Country: Switzerland

Re: th9x and Sbus module

Post by Kilrah » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:36 am

EU or not only matters for the D16 protocol, not for D8. Maybe get the proper one for your region in case you upgrade the module later.

Even though SBUS itself is 16 channels you'll only get 8 since that's all the D8 protocol is able to carry between the radio and receiver.

User avatar
jhsa
Posts: 19019
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:13 pm
Country: Germany

Re: th9x and Sbus module

Post by jhsa » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:01 am

If you are good with electronics, You can build a D8 recceiver that outputs SBUS. Only 8 channels though.
I build most of my receivers.

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

tomatos666
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:51 am
Country: -

Re: th9x and Sbus module

Post by tomatos666 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:46 am

Kilrah wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:36 am
EU or not only matters for the D16 protocol, not for D8. Maybe get the proper one for your region in case you upgrade the module later.

Even though SBUS itself is 16 channels you'll only get 8 since that's all the D8 protocol is able to carry between the radio and receiver.
Thanks for Response know i know what i do.
jhsa wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:01 am
If you are good with electronics, You can build a D8 recceiver that outputs SBUS. Only 8 channels though.
I build most of my receivers.

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
I´m not bad with Electronics and making PTC. I never have think about. :)
You can give me please more information about that? You have a schematic?


Post Reply

Return to “th9x”