ACCST D16 2.X.X

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Horus. (not yet released)
Popoff

ACCST D16 2.X.X

Post by Popoff »

I've just been reading about the above, please could someone explain is just intended for the horus x10 and jumper t16. Is this is a necessary update and if so where to download,also is this suitable for both fros and opentx.
Last edited by Popoff on Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Popoff

Re: ACCST D16 2.X.X

Post by Popoff »

Thank you Kilarh, I see in the firmware for the receivers there is no mention of X8R. Am I likely to to have an issue with these receivers ,as I have a number of them.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

It's in the list on the FrSky page with a direct link...
Popoff

Post by Popoff »

Sorry I mist that,thanks once more..........

Popoff

Post by Popoff »

Just a matter of curiosity, will this update remove the ability to use d8 mode
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

No.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've flashed a X9D+ (internal module) and a X8R. The X9D+ will bind to a D8 Rx, but the X8R doesn't bind in D8 mode (channels 7&8 linked at power up).
I tried the X9D+ in D8 mode, and external XJT (old firmware) in D8 mode and a DJT.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
gastolectric

Post by gastolectric »

Can anyone point me to a 'how to' instructions of using the stand alone 2.0.1 iXJT RF module download file (ie not the FrOS firmware file which is 6.9Mb but the 150Kb file) to flash this through OpenTx.

I'm presuming this 'stand alone' means we can upgrade the internal RF module firmware through OpenTX without having to roll back to FrOS in order to do so???

I'm currently running OpenTx version 2.3.4 on my X12S

Many thanks
gastolectric

Post by gastolectric »

Asked and answered on RCGroups post #17039 https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr ... st43627977

"You put the 2.0.1. file in the FIRMWARE folder of your SD card. Then from the OpenTX interface SYS navigate to the SD FIRMWARE folder. Select the file you put there and select flash internal module.

Mike"
ChrisMMarshall

Post by ChrisMMarshall »

For anyone who has upgraded their X10 with the internal ACCESS module there seems to be a problem with this firmware, it will not bind when running the module in ACCST mode. I'm using OpenTX 2.3.5, but I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with that. I've got two X10s so I've put the old iXJT module back in one of them and everything is fine, after flashing the module with the latest firmware. and with the right build of Open Tx as appropriate for the module. That is to say, with the latest firmware in the RX it binds and works perfectly with one TX (old module, new firmware) and not with the other (new module, latest available firmware. Both Txs running Open TX 2.3.5. I have tried this with three different receivers, an RX6R an S6R and a RX8R-Pro. This is not altogether surprising as FrSky say that you must update both module and receiver. What they fail to mention is that the firmware is not available for this particular module. It looks like it is not available for the ones in the X10 Express either. I have emailed them to ask what the timescales are. As I have two transmitters I have an easy solution in that I can run one for ACCESS enabled receivers, and the other for ACCST. Not so easy for anyone with only one!
I'm not asking a question here, other than has anyone else experienced the same?
The solution would appear to be in the hands of FrSky, so as long as they are aware it is just a question of wait and see.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The ACCESS modules didn't get their update yet.
ChrisMMarshall

Post by ChrisMMarshall »

I've just heard that they are working on it, and it should be released shortly after CNY.
dsa44

Post by dsa44 »

Is there a link for the original or most recent v1.x ACCST iXJT module FW for X10s? Don't see it on the Frsky website. Was going to try 2.1 to see if it fixes a telemetry issue, but want to be able to go back if needed (soooo many rx to update!)
Thx
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

They are on their website but as a small link below the main downloads.
dsa44

Post by dsa44 »

Thank you but looks like they removed that little 'download' button that I am able to find for some of the rx's.

On the website https://www.frsky-rc.com/x10s/
under
FIRMWARE - iXJT (OPTX)FIRMWARE - iXJT (OPTX)
nothing else there except the new 2.1.0 accst

I did find this..... https://davesdronedesigns.com/frsky-firmwares/

and this.... https://hobby4life.nl/?page_id=24

but they show different versions, ie, XJT v.170317 vs X10(S) FCC v1.3.06. Maybe the 170317 is for FrOS??

I cannot find the version number on my tx....only shows the otx version....???

Thx DSA
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Ah yes forgot they aren't there for the Horus.

The firmwares you found were extracted from FrOS files so they are "the firmware that was in FrOS version X" since there is no other known version numbering.

Return to “FRSky Horus radio”