Flash Horus X10s back to FRos

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Horus. (not yet released)
theonlygk

Flash Horus X10s back to FRos

Post by theonlygk »

I've recently purchased a Frsky Horus X10s transmitter 2nd hand already flashed with open tx.

I would like to flash the original Frsky FRos system back to the tx but I don't have the back up files that most people create when they flash to open tx in the first place.

Can anyone help me with these files please or recommend an alternative work around.

I've tried flashing the firmware downloaded from frsky site and have put the flash files from the site on my sd card.

After flashing the eu firmware file with companion the transmitter won't switch on I presume as its missing the bootloader.

At this point I can go back to open tx but feel I need these original backup files to flash back to Fros.

Any help gratefully appreciated

Kilrah

Re: Flash Horus X10s back to FRos

Post by Kilrah »

The download page on frsky site has a document that explains all of it.
You just flash the bootloader with companion, then put the firmware file on the card at the appropriate location and power on with the encoder wheel pressed.
The Flash files don't go on the SD card but on the internal memory.
theonlygk

Post by theonlygk »

Thanks for the reply.

I done exactly as above and it worked.

I prepared the sd card with the flash contents from Frsky website and then created a folder named FIRWARE in which I placed the frOS firmware into and then using companion I flashed the bootloader dfu from the Frsky website.

Powered up the TX holding the rotary button and it flashed the operating system then the XJT module.

Thanks for the help.
micka

Post by micka »

hi
sorry to sound silly , i’ve got same situation , did you have to load opentx companion on computer first ?
could you possibly make a quick step by step of what you did for me to follow, would be a massive help
will it work the same on horus 10s express

Return to “FRSky Horus radio”