9xr failed to connect

tgy9x is a fork of er9x, and is the default firmware that is released by hobbyking on the Turnigy 9XR transmitter.
Hammertime

9xr failed to connect

Post by Hammertime »

“Help I’ve recently received a used 9XR which has been flashed and upgraded to the latest OpenTx by the previous owner. I’ve tried connecting to my home computer but with no success.

· Windows 7 32bit

· Installed OpenTx on to computer

· Connected USBASP to 9XR & USB, tried to connect and received – Unable to Connect

· Downloaded Zagid, but the “STM Bootloader” was not there to select

· I’ve searched through my Devices from the control panel, and STM Bootloader and DFU and not located there.

· ?????”

Kilrah

Re: 9xr failed to connect

Post by Kilrah »

Zadig and STM Bootloader only relate to the Taranis, not the 9XR.
You might just need the driver for the usbasp, and/or to configure companion settings that you have a 9XR.
Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Thanks for the quick reply. I am trying to connect the 9xr to the computer and I found a program called eepsky. Am I using the right program? Hard to find instructions on how to do this. Thanks for any help.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

For the 9XR (not the 9XR-PRO), you need eepe, not eepskye, if you want to update the stock firmware, which is an old version of er9x.
If you want openTx, you need a version of Companion.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

I am going to take a break from this. It is frying my mind. I will go back to using my DX6i and suffer with my brown out issues.

Knobby88

Post by Knobby88 »

I'm sorry to hear about your issue's, I has something similar but for the life of me I cant remember how I did it. I do remember having to input the correct radio program in OpenTX on the computer, and downloading a usbasp driver. Zagid didn't work for me either.

Perhaps somebody more knowledgeable can chime in on how to help this person. It sounds like they have the latest fw already installed they just need advise on the correct process to connect on there computer.
Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Yes that is correct. We have the latest FM installed.

I can’t believe that there is nothing in the market to let you fly your plane that is easy to connect. I am leaving spectrum as there is to many reports on brown outs. I am also experiencing that right now. Too many crashes from Brown outs and I have 15 planes I need to get in the air.

I have over 20 spectrum receivers I need to dump now. And there brand new.

I have a DX8 I need to sell to. JUNK JUNK JUNK!

Oh yah I am using brand new receiver batteries to with new switch's.

How much more money to I need to pour into this hobby to get a stable connection to my planes. Man I don't know what to do???
Knobby88

Post by Knobby88 »

Relax, take a deep breath. If the 9xr has the latest fw installed you can still use it, it'll be fine. Perhaps your buddy who sold it to you can back up your files on there computer, until you find a solution. Sometimes these things take a while, just step back and enjoy the radio....
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

There is absolutely no need to connect your radio to the computer. Just go fly ;)
Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Ok thanks guys. Good to see there are good people out there. I went for lunch and I feel a lot better now.

My buddy that previously owned it is going to attempt to help me. Thanks and I will keep you guys updated.
Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

UPDATE: Well my buddy came over and hooked up his Taranis and worked no problem. Then we hooked up the 9XR and wow, it worked. so everything is working now and i'm all good. Feels really good to have a solid connection now. Thanks again all.

Return to “tgy9xr”