The Mr. Ersky & Mrs. Bluetooth affair

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
kaos

Re: The Mr. Ersky & Mrs. Bluetooth affair

Post by kaos »

Romolo wrote:I used also the frsky usb adapter to enable 115200 speed on the module.
can you show how you hook up your Frysky usb to set BT baud rate? I imagine you also need the upgrad lite? I figure I just need to add a 5v line to the Frysky usb then connect it to the upgrade lite ?

Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

no the frsky usb adapter has also 3.3v power supply and by default exit rs232...
Have a look to the unused/unsoldered port you can read v3
kaos

Post by kaos »

hmm, I have misunderstood the Frysky usb is TTL. oh, which Frysky usb you are using? I believe there are 3 types.
I have Fuc-1
Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

On my USB adapter is written fddlite-rev2
I have fuc-2 and fuc-3 in the adapter the difference is a soldering to bring out 5V
kaos

Post by kaos »

if you look at page one of this thread, you know what I am asking. thx.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've been 'playing' with my BT module (the cheap EBAY one - Linvor). Provided it does not 'pair' up on power up, it stays in command mode. I now have some code that hunts round the three baudrates (9600, 19200 and 115200) to find what it is set to. If it not the same as the one set in the menu, then a command is sent to it to change to the required baudrate. This all seems to work OK unless it pairs up, when it stops working in command mode.
As I have a RN-42 now I shall try this as well, when I get a bit more time. It may need slightly different requests/commands.

I'll try to release a revision with this in soon.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

OK, I'm happy to report that I recived a BT module and NOT a plumbing fixture from a different vendor!

I was messing with it all last evening and could get my phone to see the BT in TX and FRS logger and dash board both would connect to it however I was not getting any DATA sent. I'm not sure what the hell I did but I installed a bunch of BT APP tools and I'm not sure if these helped or not. I still was not getting any data, I put a fresh RX battery in the plane and outta no where I started getting DATA. Thats the good news.

Now the not so good news. FRS logger will NOT give me any GPS DATA??? I'm getting it on my TX screen but it's not being sent over to my phone, or at the very least, FRS logger is not getting it, seeing it or somthing.

On the BT debug screen I get the number 32 as opposed to 0 when I was not getting any DATA at the phone.

Is anyone else getting DATA but not the GPS DATA? This is the main reason I want all the c**p...just for GPS DATA!

And again...Mike...WTFG!!!! Dude, you rock!

EDIT: I have the FRS Logger "Free version". This does not support GPS. I think I need the to get the $5.99 version to have GPS....UGGG!
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

I Just posted this over in the FRS Logger thread on RCG.

"I have FRS logger Pro working on a LG Nexus, Android ver.2.3.6.

A Sky9 board in a FLYSKY 9X.

ESKY.

LINVOR BT from EBay.

I had a little battle with the Linvor BT and I'm not exactly sure what or I if did anything, I installed a couple of apps on the phone, messed around and, poof, it just started working.

My main use is for GPS which to be honest is just cool. I like knowing speed, Alt, etc., but in conjunction with my radio setup is just too cool. I started with the 9X as my first radio 3 1/2 years ago, Discovered Thus's FW and what I have today is one Azzz kickin radio.

This app worked very well today however it was very windy. I flew a 60 size Super Chipmunk. It's top speed is 115 MPH. It flew great but landing was tricky so I kept it to one flight with 2 landings just so I could check out FRS Logger. I logged part of the flight but I'm not sure
I have log viewer setup correctly...I'll get that figured out due time.

The APP has crashed a few times but only when I open it. Today as I was flying I must have walked too far from the phone which was on one of the work tables and lost the BT connection.

I have a request: Could you make imperial units available?

Also concerning the actual GPS data. Can NMEA sentences be extrapolated for use in other programs? The reason I ask this is because it would be cool to put a fight into a GPS playback SW.

I should get a chance tomorrow and give it a proper shake down so I'll report here as to how it goes.

I will say this, it is very, very nice tool. And OH, it's very, very cool!"

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 62&page=12
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

The gps data is in the log file, just extract it from the cvs file and you can do with it as you please.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rjloo5
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

Here a a flight track recorded with FRS logger. Baby steps but it's progress.

You can DL the attached file and view it here: http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/
Attachments
20120913_114738_generic.csv
(13.67 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
flight track.jpg
kaos

Post by kaos »

nice!
so far I still can't get my BT work. before r109 was able to make it communicate with android app by switching the baud rate. now, it won't communicate at all. It will connect but no data flow, no matter what baud rate or I change the rate or not. :?
which BT unit you use?

edit: rechecked the BT. it worked again. :?
I do find one interesting thing. if I change the baud rate after last hook up. I need to turn the Tx off and restart to work again. As long as I set the baud rate then turn off Tx. restart tx. it will work.

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”