Using FrSky S6R with ersky9x

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Using FrSky S6R with ersky9x

Post by MikeB »

I think I have all those problems fixed. Haptic wasn't working (I don't usually use it so I forgot to test it!).
I'll try to get another test version posted later today.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Great - thanks - looking forward to the new version.

Regards,
ozphoenix
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Test version "d8" posted with the fixes in.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Thanks - will check it out and get back to you.
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Both Problem 1 and Problems 2a/2b now appear to be corrected in d8 - many thanks, Mike. Though, I have to say, the haptic is much more muted (regardless of the settings I use) than my 9XRPRo, but that is probably the difference between radios, not between software versions.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The physical haptic motor is smaller on the X7 and vibrates less strongly.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Figured such.
MikeB wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:07 am The physical haptic motor is smaller on the X7 and vibrates less strongly.

Mike.
rcdiy

Post by rcdiy »

Is there a mac support thread for SportSet?
Here is what I have tried on a mac mini
FrSKY STK, USB plugged in
STK switch set to config (pushed up)
S6R sonnected to sport and pin set one (upper pins) on the STK
STK steady green and red leds
S6R slow blink red

S6R has new beta firmware with convenient mode

Launched mac SportSet (1.02 14/01/2017)
Drop down box only has /dev/cu.Blutooth-incomming-port
Clicked scan
Drop down box only has /dev/cu.Blutooth-incomming-port

The STK is not bluetooth...
Tried Start
As expected not much happens... "initial wait" for ever... :)

Could you please let me know what to try next...
RCdiy.ca
Stay Safe & Have Fun
OpenTX Manual http://rcdiy.ca
Paying it forward by sharing my Lua scripts, documentation and videos.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Unfortunately I can't help much. I don't have a Mac, I just get someone else to build the application for the Mac.
It may be a more recent OS on the Mac doesn't report the serial port from the STK using the libraries used to build SportSet.
Is there anything on the Mac that can tell if the serial port has appeared?
Does the Mac need some drivers installed for the specific USB-UART chip in the STK (silicon Labs device)?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
rcdiy

Post by rcdiy »

No worries... just thought I'd try it... the LUA scripts work for me plus I have windows as well...
RCdiy.ca
Stay Safe & Have Fun
OpenTX Manual http://rcdiy.ca
Paying it forward by sharing my Lua scripts, documentation and videos.
lrussi750

Post by lrussi750 »

Hello, I have two S6R's and I'm having a problem getting them working using a 9x with the 9Xteme board and XJT external module.

One receiver has been updated to the beta firmware version 170706 and the other using the stock pre-installed firmware.

The 9x has been upgraded to ersky9xr_roms6r8.zip 27-Oct-2016 12:14. ersky9x9XT_rom.bin file.

I'm currently set up in Delta configuration. The issue involves the elevator signal/servo, as soon as the receiver is powered up and bound with stabilization or auto level active on channel 10 both servos will start to continuously travel in opposite directions with no control input, it's like they are connected to a servo tester set to automatic and they just race back and fourth. If I flip the switch to turn off stabilization/auto level the servos return to center and stop moving but if i move the elevator stick the automatic pulsing starts again and continues until the gimbal is returned to the center neutral position. The ailerons function normal with no pulsing.

There is no mixing done in the radio. I have channel 1 thru 4 setup as follows: aileron, elevator, throttle, rudder, channel 9 is setup on a pot for gain control, channel 10 is on the three position switch to control modes, channel 11 is left blank because it is ignored in delta mode, and no self check on channel 12. Self check is run via the F/S button.

This happens with both receivers, with digital and analog servos, but only happens with the S6R's. All my other receivers: D4R-ii, V8R4-ii, V8FR-ii, L9R I have are bound in either PPM or XJT D8 mode and display none of the behavior above. I cannot figure out if this is a hardware issue or some type of software issue. I've searched for days on various forums and cannot find anyone else with this issue. Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I suggest you at least update ersky9x to revision r220, if not to the latest test version. I note the changelog for r220 says: "Fix bug in 9Xtreme/Taranis external XJT".
Just checking if you have done the accelerometer calibration on the S6Rs, and that you are using PXX protocol.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
lrussi750

Post by lrussi750 »

Hi Mike, Yes I've done the accelerometer calibration on both units and I'm using PXX/XJT protocol D16 with 16 channels active.

I will try r220 later tonight, I used the files and the beginning of this thread because I thought they would be the best for the S6R.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

r220, and the newer test versions have everything in that is in the versions on this thread.
The latest test versions include script language support, and I now have a script that configures the S6R/S8R as well.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
lrussi750

Post by lrussi750 »

Hey Mike, Happy to report r220 fixed my servo issue! Thank you for your help
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

I am attempting to setup a S8R that I have just received and it is doing my head in, I have attached the eepe file with the setup I am using and I would appreciate it if someone could give it the once over. CH10 is setup on SD CH11 is on SC and CH12 is on SA. The problem that I have is that the only way to turn stabilsation off is with SA- and SC and SD both down. :cry: Any other combination of these switches seems to be stabilsation on which does not appear to be what I am looking for. :? I have run the Sportset program to do the initial calibration and that seemed to be ok and I updated the firmware to version 171018.

I think I know just enough to be dangerous to myself and others, :lol: so I would appreciate any help.

Just remove the .zip file extension on the file
Attachments
S8R-1.bin.zip
(32 KiB) Downloaded 525 times
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

My settings for a S6R are on a "normal" aircraft:
CH10: +100% HALF switch(!SC^)
CH11: +100% L4
CH12: +100% HALF switch(!SDv)
with L4 set to:
1-shot SCv 1.5

Without using the logical switch, set CH11 to:
CH11: +100% HALF switch(SCv)

Self check is triggered by toggling SD fully down and up 3 times in 3 seconds.

With SC up, you have normal flight.
With SC in the middle, you have stabilise mode.
With SC down, you have auto level.
Using the logical switch (L4) means I only get auto level for 1.5 seconds, then it reverts to stabilise mode. This is because I don't like actually flying in auto level mode, the aircraft response is "not normal". So I just use auto level for 1.5 seconds, long enough for the aircraft to become level, then I go back to stabilise so it responds normally.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

Hi Mike, I have tried these settings and something is still not right. I haven't used the logical switch but I would like to. I have had a look at this in eepskye and found 1-shot function, but what values do I use for V1, V2 increments by 1 each time, I carn't enter a Telemetry value (but I don't think I need too) and finally what do I enter in the AND Switch.

Dave
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The setting for the 1-shot delay is slightly odd. If you increase the value from 1, it goes up in steps of 1 to a maximum of 125 (seconds).
However, starting from 1, if you go DOWN, you get 0.1, then it increases in steps of 0.1.
V1 is the switch you wish to use to trigger the 1-shot.
You don't need to enter anything for the AND switch.

With my settings, with switch SC^, channels 10 and 11 should both be at 0% (centre).
Switch SC to the middle position and channel 10 should go to +100%.
Switch SC down and channel 10 should stay at +100% and channel 11 should go to +100% (if using the 1-shot, this should only be for 1.5 seconds).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

Mike, The version of eepskye I have does not allow me to enter Logical switches as a source, but I was able to do it on the X7. Using those settings with SC^ channel 10 is at 0% but channel 11 is at -100%. When I switch to SC- CH10 goes to +100% and CH 11 does not change, then when I switch to SCv channel 10 remains at +100% and channel 11 moves to +100% for 1.5 seconds and then reverts to -100%. :?

I found if I set CH11 to the other option you offered with SC^ both CH10 & 11 were at 0%, with SC- CH10 changes to +100% and CH11 remains at 0%. Switch SCv CH10 remains at +100% and CH11 changes to +100% and I need to switch CH10 to SC- for CH11 to change back to 0%.

I will look to see if there is a later version of eepskye and use that for further testing.

Dave

Edit: I have just checked the version of eepskye I am using and it is from the 5th November, so I believe it is the latest. I still cannot select logical switches as a source and all the HALF sources I am using have been changed to SR :? . Is this a bug or something else.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Please check:
To enter a switch as source in eepskye, select SWCH as source, then you get another "Combo Box" appearing where you select the actual switch.

HALF changing to SR does look to be a bug! I'll look into that.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I clearly should have put:
CH11: +100% HALF switch(L4)
Unless you are using delta or V-tail, then with the settings I've shown you shoud have:
SC^ normal (CH10=0%, CH11=0%)
SC- stab (CH10=100%, CH11=0%)
SCv auto-level (CH10=100%, CH11=100%), for 1.5 seconds if using the logical switch as 1-shot, then revert to stab.

On the ersky9x test versions thread I've posted an updated eepskye that fixes HALF changing to SR in a mix.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

OK, progress made. The new version of eepskye fixes the HALF replacement issue. The main problem now is that the only way that I have normal operation (without stabilisation) is with SCv and SDv. Any other setting of these switches has stabilisation active. I have attached the eepm file for this model. Does it matter that I am using a S8R. :?:

Dave
Attachments
S8R-1.bin.zip
(32 KiB) Downloaded 447 times
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Hi suncoaster,
Just FYI - You might check what version of firmware you have installed in the S6R/S8R - there were recent changes made by FrSky which changed the mode selection of the Ch10/Ch11 combinations - a good place for further information, in addition to this thread here, is viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9291&sid=7f42350ccd ... &start=210
In that thread, there are many discussions about getting the CH10/Ch11 outputs right and what changed with the various firmware updates (of both S6R and S8R) - do a search for posts by poster Too Many Toys (as well as those by MikeB - the same Mike B as here) -- the added info might help your cause.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've still got the older firmware in my S8R, without the "quick mode" or "simple mode" option. It may be yours has this mode and it is enabled by default. I seem to recall this uses channels 10 and 11 in a different way, but I've not used this mode yet.
I'm not convinced it is easier or better!
I've not added the option to change the "quick mode" setting on the S6R menu, but I do have a script that allows editing the S6R/S8R values that does have this option. I've attached the script.
Extract S6R.bas fro the .zip file and put it in a "SCRIPTS" directory on the radio SD card.
Assuming you have a sufficiently recent test version of ersky9x, this should run OK.
Power up the Tx and Rx. On the Tx press MENU LONG (or the encoder button LONG). The pop-up should have a "Run Script" option. Select this and you should find the S6R.bas script listed. Use the MENU button to execute this (not the encoder button).
With the script running, MENU LONG should switch between the two "pages", the setting for "Quick mode" is on the second page.

Mike.
S6Rscript.zip
(2.54 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
S6Rscript.zip
Has a bug trying to set output directions from Inverse to Normal
(2.49 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
erskyTx/er9x developer
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

ozphoenix wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:14 am Hi suncoaster,
Just FYI - You might check what version of firmware you have installed in the S6R/S8R - there were recent changes made by FrSky which changed the mode selection of the Ch10/Ch11 combinations - a good place for further information, in addition to this thread here, is viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9291&sid=7f42350ccd ... &start=210
In that thread, there are many discussions about getting the CH10/Ch11 outputs right and what changed with the various firmware updates (of both S6R and S8R) - do a search for posts by poster Too Many Toys (as well as those by MikeB - the same Mike B as here) -- the added info might help your cause.
I have installed firmware version 171018 on my both of S8R Rx's, I believe that is the latest version. I have had a read of that thread and I have so much conflicting information, I no longer know what is good info and what is not. That link you posted is to this thread, but I assume you meant the RCGroups thread.

Dave
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Oops, sorry about that - not sure how that happened :(

I meant this:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr ... ry/page319

Too Many Toys has created a separate, excellent, thread about set up to help (now a closed thread, but full of useful stuff) - go to here for a filtered version of the bigger thread (above):
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr ... -And-Users

It's well worth a read and the information is accurate.

Just FYI: I now have (in various stages of use):
1. 1x Spektrum AR636 with SAFE mode (on a Blade 230S helicopter now not flown for 6 months or more -- too much fun in fixed wing now)
2. 12x FrSky S6R (various electric fixed wing planes, both over-wing and under-wing, some pusher, some tractor, one EDF, one large glider)
3. 1x FrSky S8R (configured, calibrated, bench tested as a good unit but not yet installed)
4. 1x OrangeRX RX3S Flight Stabilizer V2 (foam electric 850mm GWS Zero with extensive air-time)
5. 1x Dynam ISTONE-AII ACRO (a new product, still being evaluated, not yet installed)

I have been using the S6R solidly since the very early days, over 12 months, and am very happy with it/them -- the initial learning curve (especially on the first units, which had firmware problems but those are now overcome) was/is steep, but they are definitely -- IMHO -- worth the effort.

Keep at it - you'll appreciate the benefits, I'm sure.

regards,
ozphoenix
Last edited by ozphoenix on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Both those links get me to the following message:
“No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator”
Anyone understand what’s going on?
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Both of those links work correctly for me, directly from clicking on the links in the thread post above. Maybe someone else can try them.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

They do work for me..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”