ERSKY9x Rev. B1 User Area

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
jhsa

Re: ERSKY9x Rev. B1 User Area

Post by jhsa »

My files have no noise :mrgreen:
Only the welcome message that I forgot to redo it.. ;) the noises don't come from the files..
The quality won't obviously be improved..
Actually, I don't know if you can hear the difference with the radios little speaker.. doubt it

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

if you want to try it just convert a few files, replace the old ones with the new ones, make sure you saved the old ones somewhere.. then you can see if there is an improvement.. you can also create a few new files in 16 bit and see how it behaves..

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
olafnew

Post by olafnew »

But what is the final file order for the ersky9x for voice files? There is a utility "balabolka", that can be used to create audio files, easily and with no hassle, but we do need a description..
kaos

Post by kaos »

what is causing the noises? I thought I read some where it has something to do with either the bit rate or the Hz?
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

I recognized when I convert the 16 bit wave file to 8 bit that there appears some noise, especially at the start end end of the voice, where the volume decreases to 0.
And even the spoken voice is a little bit noisy, but this is, I think, simply because of the lower resolution. You really can see, that the wave shows steps. And I think that you recognize these inaccuraties as noise.

Reinhard

mundsen

Post by mundsen »

Anyone that have a ERSKY9x for sale?

Oyvind
kaos

Post by kaos »

Are you kidding? ;)
kaos

Post by kaos »

jhsa wrote:My files have no noise :mrgreen:
that is right. none of voice file have any noise at all when played singularly. only when you link them together and play continuously, then the noise start to show up. like: 'flight pack battery low' noise '11' 'point 2' noise 'volts' the problem is not in the wav file itself. it is some where how these files are aceessed and played together in sequence.
mundsen

Post by mundsen »

kaos wrote:Are you kidding? ;)
I guess so :-( Ordered the other alternative, since it can take some time until v 3.0 board is ready..
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I would sell it to you but I ain't got one.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
kaos

Post by kaos »

WOW!
Mike: do you ever sleep, got the fixed voice version out already. Look like you have a new way of version catalog: 'current 109 newer 110"
so is it 'r109' or 'r110' or '> 109 .and. < 110' or '=109 .and. >110' :mrgreen:

Any how, I run the new fw with voice test again, wonderful, 99% are fixed and right on. It is absolutely real life usable now.

here is what I have now:
A1, A2, RSSI, TSSI, TIM1, TIM2, Alt, T1,Cvlt, Batt, Ctot, FASV are flawless, all have correct announcement with unit (degree/volt/meter) and decimal where needed. All matches onscreen display (which are also correct) no decimal for RSSI/TSSI any more. Fantastic.

Here are the remaining thing either there is some minor thing or I don't have the GPS/triaxil sensor to test with yet:
Galt, Gspd, mah1 mah2, Amps, mah only spks 'zero' and no decimal and no units, but these are the ones I don't have sensor attached to. on screen are all 0.
------- disp----- spks
FUEL: 100 -> '100 zero' (no fuel sensor attached)
T2:::: -20C -> '5 hundred 5 degrees' ( no sensor in T2)

these two just don't match the display.

the interesting one is the RPM, it reads RPM but when rpm > 1000, it reads thousands and hundreds only + a number equal to hundred:
3600 -> 3 thousand 6 hundred 'six'
3500 -> 3 thouusand 5 hundred 'five'
3270 -> 3 thousand 2 hundred 'two'
2350 -> 2 thousand 3 hundred 'three' (the number below hundred is ignored)
but if it below 1000
870 -> 8 hundred seventy (correct)
650-> 6 hundred fifty (correct)
900 -> 9 hundred 'nine'
600 -> 6 hundred 'six'
The lowest I tested is 150 and it spks correctly.
I can't cheat the rpm sensor under the florescent light under 100 rpm, so I can't test that. ;)
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I'm finally getting back to my own 9x projects. I also think C9x is working with my ersky9x and sam-ba OK now. I want to try open9x for the sky board so I have a few questions. What audio files do I want to use? C9x has the option of downloading them so I'll try that first. To be totally up to date is a file format and folder protocol I want to be sure to use on my SD memory? I have a 4GB Sandisk that does work with ersky9x when I loaded it.
For Frsky telemetry is there a favorite FW that better supports it? I've been using a er9x board with all the mods except voice (have the parts for voice later) and it has been solid so far. I haven't used the hub or sensors for it much but just got the Amp sensor to go along with the others, GPS, Alt, temp, voltage, RPM on it's way.
I have the DSM working as a plug in module. One question there. IF I use a DSMX RX will it actually go into the x mode? If so will I know it? I have an X DX4e rf deck.
Thanks
SM
kaos

Post by kaos »

jhsa wrote:if you want to try it just convert a few files, replace the old ones with the new ones, make sure you saved the old ones somewhere.. then you can see if there is an improvement.. you can also create a few new files in 16 bit and see how it behaves..
I finally found the post about these noises not coming from the wav file:
viewtopic.php?uid=103&f=45&t=1257&start=90
kaos

Post by kaos »

SM: in 'open 9x' there is info about voice file format and file format if you are going to use open9x. I have not tried open9x with my sky board. but they are quite different as far as menu, selection, voice format/fold.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

RPM sensor?
Since I'm flying more electric these days the optical sensor is a bit of a pain to mount. I'm thinking of substituting a Hall Effect sensor for the optical pickup and mounting it just behind the prop. A small spinner type plate with two magnets 180 deg apart turning with the prop should give the same rotational pulse the prop does when it breaks the sunlight hitting the photocell. I may not have to change the circuit to try this?
Anyone tried this yet or have a better idea to try?
SM
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

kaos wrote:
I finally found the post about these noises not coming from the wav file:
viewtopic.php?uid=103&f=45&t=1257&start=90
Yeah, I always thought that..

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

I'm having problems with getting upload/download working.

I get a partial read of Model memory, from 62 to 98 %, then a EXIT CODE 1 message.

I'm using Companion9x (c9x) and SAM-BA_212.

I tried writng a eepe file converted to c9x format by c9x and got the same result. FCrom 95 to 98% written then
EXIT CODE 1 message and a message that the write was NOT successful. I'm still on the System Software delivered on the erSky board.

Any help would be appreciated.
Dean
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
rdeanchurch

Does anyone know what a EXIT CODE 1 means?

Post by rdeanchurch »

and how to avoid it!

When I tried to read in the Model memory(EEPROM) using companion9x (c9x) and SAM-BA_212 there was a partial read, 62 to 98%, then an Exit Code 1. I have a just installed SkyNorth board with the System software (Flash) that came with the board. The Tx seemed to be working fine with the standard Model and system software.

Finally giving up on reading in the model memory and system memory I wrote an eepe file I had read into c9x and saved as a .bin file. It wrote 95 to 98% then gave the dreaded Exit Code 1 message in the sam-ba box.

The models I wrote seemed to work, but I'm worried trying to write the System software will crash the Tx.

Help please
Dean
Dean
kaos

Post by kaos »

kaos wrote:yep, r109 fixed the c9x read/write eeprom issue. It works normally now. Just when you load r109 'do not' check the 'backup and restore eeprom' , (if this is checked it will still do the same thing as before), load r109 as before. after r109 is loaded then everything works as it should.
The above description is if you use C9x to load ersky9x.
if you use sam-ba only to load the fw, you can load r110 now. if you still have problem, change to sam-ba 2.11
I used 2.12 to load my 1st copy of ersky9x but later I changed to 2.11 with C9x. don't know for sure 2.12 will work or not .
r109 fixed the problem of reading/writing eeprom file to/from memory.
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

Brent also suggested SAM-BA_211. He tried to send me a copy of it but hotmail blocked it and would not let me (or I couldn;t find a method to get around the block.) The Atmel sight only had 212 available and a google search did not result in me finding it.

Any public links to 211 available?

or try attaching it to an alternate email, please
[email protected]

Thanks
Dean
Dean
kaos

Post by kaos »

file sent. try it.
to your rocketmail address.
terabyte

Post by terabyte »

rdeanchurch wrote:Brent also suggested SAM-BA_211. He tried to send me a copy of it but hotmail blocked it and would not let me (or I couldn;t find a method to get around the block.) The Atmel sight only had 212 available and a google search did not result in me finding it.

Any public links to 211 available?

or try attaching it to an alternate email, please
[email protected]

Thanks
Dean
Direct link to Atmel site for sam-ba 2.11 download. http://www.atmel.com/Images/sam-ba_2.11.exe
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8092/8470213998_eb5aff468b_b.jpg
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

Got it, thanks to all those who responded. Every one of the resposnes worked!

Great support. Now off to see if it worked for me.

Dean
Dean
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

IT WORKED! R110 downloaded.
Thanks a million guys.

Dean
Dean
RJM

Post by RJM »

How much capacity is left on the 5v regulator after taking in account the back light screen for other devices? I gather it's a 1A Max?

Robert...
SkyNorth

Post by SkyNorth »

The regulator is good for 1A.
It provides about 25mA to the backlight , the audio amp , can draw about 250mA , on full Volume with a constant tone output.

If you run a 3S battery , you could overheat the regulator , causing it to shutdown...
None of the critical systems , run on 5V , so you would loose the backlight and audio only
There is a open 2 pin connector next to the speaker output. This output can be used to supply other items. (you would need a aux 5V regulator)
By using this output , the total current draw , can be measured.

-Brent
RJM

Post by RJM »

Brent: Are you referring to J19? Is this a direct connection back to the battery pack? I'm running a 3s LiFE.

What would be left on the 3.3v side for extra devices? I'm looking to connect a Xbee to one of the COM ports (probably COM2) and could use either 5 or 3.3v to power it.

Is there a place on the board to pickup the TTL/3.3v side of COM2? If not, I can use a RS232 converter.

What were your plans for Rev C boards? I saw a mention of a regulator for other accessories/devices.

Thanks.

Robert...
SkyNorth

Post by SkyNorth »

Hi,
J19 , is a direct connection through the current sensor , this will give you proper battery current draw.
You can draw say 250mA off the 3.3V regulator , you need to keep a eye on how hot the Heatsink gets.. A few vent holes can help a lot.
Com3 is Logic level.
If you look in the middle of SW3 there are two pads , these are the logic side of Com2.
I'm trying to finish off the Rev 3 design , and do a very small proto run to prove the design.
Let me clean up the schematics , and I'll get them posted...
there is a main 5V regulator , this can be a switching unit , this then drives TWO 1A - 3.3V regulators , the second one is for User use.

-Brent
Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

I have packed up a newer tcl_lib.zip which allows flashing more than 128K
Ii can be downloaded at http://85.18.253.250/sam-ba/tcl_lib.zip

Thanks Mike for providing a new serial eeprom applet for sam3s4.
kaos

Post by kaos »

should I delete the previous applet files or just copy the new one to the directory and overwrite it?

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”