ERSKY9x Rev. B1 User Area

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
preston91

Re: ERSKY9x Rev. B1 User Area

Post by preston91 »

what audio file #'s are used for the model intro's? seems like I seen something about the thru 109 for this. correct?

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

They start at 260 (compatibility with er9x). If you edit a model, the "Voice Index" entry, just under the name, contains this value.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Reacher10 wrote: I was just setting up audio for another model and when I select 9 or higher for the number of audio switches I get very strange results. The file played double speed or I get just a quick "cheep" sound and no audio. When I leave it like that and turn the radio off and on again it just makes that sound on start up. When I set the number to 8 all is fine again except the regulat V setting doesn't work, I use this for my throttle kill audio which I want to repeat so I know to turn it off as well so I know it is set when I turn on the radio.
OK, I reckon I found the problem, I missed setting the array size correctly when I moved the function across from er9x, I've put this right now.
r96 is available with this fix.
I've also now added a "changelog.txt" file to the repository so I can detail future changes in a revision better.
Couple of other minor changes you will notice, the two timers have their number (1 or 2) labelling them in the SETUP menu, and if you are on the Voice Index entry for the model, pressing MENU will speak the model name selected so you can check you have the correct file (Yes, all right João, I'll put the option into er9x as well :mrgreen: ).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

You've just read my thoughts.. I think I'm getting predictable.. :P
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

So Mike, some of the tweeks you did to r95 concerned the SD card issue? Mine seems to be working every time now.

The number of audio switches seems to be fine now as well.

Mike I have one request...PLEASE...Never leave us!!!!

Thanks!

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

+1

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'll try not to! My wife does think I'm spending a bit too much time on this, partly why eepe and the manual are not getting updated, need more time.
The er9x manual is under svn as a .odt file, if anyone feels like editing it feel free. Even if you only update or add a couple of paragraphs, if several people do so it will get up to date. I think I will take a copy, and put it under svn for ersky9x.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Yeah, I know what you mean.. that's why I normally do something here only after everyboy's gone to bed.. but then I don't get enough sleep. You just can't win..

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

Well I hate to say it but the SD card is acting up again. There was no audio this morning after the radio sat over night however once it was in the sun for a few minutes the audio worked at start up.
Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

Reacher10,
I will suggest you to double check soldering of sdcard holder
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Reacher: When you have a SD card/voice failure, go to the SD card status screen (LONG LEFT, then LEFT). One line down from the top you should have either Not Ready, or Ready, followed by two, 4-digit hex values. Let me know whether it is Ready or Not Ready, and the values in the two 4-digit values. I fnecessary I'll add some more debug in to try to find your problem.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Yes, Reacher is right, and I had exactly this problem with open9x before. Rob did as well. I remember I told him to leave the Tx on the shelf during one hour and try after ... Well I think it disappeared since I changed something in the initialization routine from Mike. I will try to find what I changed tomorrow. Perhaps a different speed.

Bertrand.
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

OK...It reads "READY 0008 0001"
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Worth noting.. I did resolder my sdcard holder during this time too - so it was either that; or bertrands change that sorted it!
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Well that means your SD card was found and initialised, but, for some reason a Disk_error occured (error code 0001).
I'll try to add something to the code to help pin down what is happening.
Two things to try:
First, check the processor pins connecting to the SD card are soldered OK. I find using a pin or similar and just flicking the pins does this test. You will immediately notice the difference in sound made if the processor pin is not soldered down. Pins: 39, 57, 59, 63, 64, 81 and 83.
The other possibility is you SD card (or cards) don't meet the timings or voltages we are using. I have tried to get this data from the card and use it, but there are a lot of possible parameters to check. All that hex data on the SD card screen contains infomation regarding what the card will do. It might be worth you relaying this data to me, but it will take a while to check it all.
Do you have bluetooth running on your system? If so, I could easily send more debug data out using that. I normally use the 'spare' serial port for debug.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

I check the pins and I'll try another SD card...I have a 4 Gigabyte.

I don't have a bluetooth yet...waiting for more functionality for it.

EDIT: I just put the Kingston 4 gig card in and it reads "READY 0008 0004". I had sound when I turned it on. Let em see how this works out. I forgot I had this other card. Boy if thats all it is, that would be the sheet!
Last edited by Reacher10 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

I had a lot of issues with an old 1GB card, and open9x
All the disappeared happily when I switched to a 8GB Class 4 one

BTW my SDCARD holder on the PCB was not soldered on sides, but my ersky9x was one of the first mbs shipped.
gfnk357

Post by gfnk357 »

I had the same issue with a 16GB SDHC card (Ready 0008 0001 error) but with a 1GB SD card it works fine.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

After re soldering my board my 1gb and a new 4gb Sandisk work every time so I think I'm good now.

ShowMaster
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
preston91

Post by preston91 »

guys I ran into a little problem today. I installed a DHT frsky TX in my th9x w ersky bd. I wanted dual TX capability so I cut the power and PPM trace on the PCB the TX plugs into and then routed the PPM and pwr thru a DPDT switch. hooked up the telementry wires to the DHT from com 1. fired it up and both TX's work! hooked up the telementry hub and got readings for temp, alt, and lipo batt cells. thought I was home free!... then I turned the 9x off or I should say, I tried to turn it off,, it wouldn't???? I get the shuttingdown message, the message eeprom busy flashes very briefly, then I get a muffled clicking sound from the speaker and a slight pulsing of the BL at about a 1 sec rate and it just stays like with the shutting down message until I unplug the batt. Playing around with it I notice I lose the flashing led on the DHT . also if I flip the switch from the DHT to the stock TX mod, the system will shut down. but not consistant. opened it back up and reconnected the plug from the back cover pcb, but had the same deal when I put it back together.... any ideas???? I'd appreciate any input....

Paul

PS Mike I really like the voice mods in r96 works great,,thanks
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

A guess is the rewired circuit and added switch may not be correct?
Have you tried reconnecting the wires so your is exactly as it was before your mods? It may sound like a bother but having your board work normally again would be a good place to start over from.
Your board is certainly not happy after your added rework.

ShowMaster
preston91

Post by preston91 »

ShowMaster wrote:A guess is the rewired circuit and added switch may not be correct?
Have you tried reconnecting the wires so your is exactly as it was before your mods? It may sound like a bother but having your board work normally again would be a good place to start over from.
Your board is certainly not happy after your added rework.
I eliminated the switch and wired the org TX mod directly and disconnected the telemetry cable from the sky bd. still won't shutdown. getting late I'll look it over good tomorrow. fyi the bd is drawing around 150 ma with either TX module and everything seems to work fine except it's not shutting off properly...
Last edited by preston91 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Missing tag
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Maybe do a board reset with the jumper and reload the firmware. I've never done a board reset but from what I've read it's easy. Hopefully the firmware is corrupted and doesn't know how to shutdown. I'm sure others will read alll this and offer more help so give it a little more time to be read.

ShowMaster
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

Reacher10 wrote:I check the pins and I'll try another SD card...I have a 4 Gigabyte.

I don't have a bluetooth yet...waiting for more functionality for it.

EDIT: I just put the Kingston 4 gig card in and it reads "READY 0008 0004". I had sound when I turned it on. Let em see how this works out. I forgot I had this other card. Boy if thats all it is, that would be the sheet!

Looking good as of this morning! Oh Baby...AUDIO CITY!

I have noticed the normal "V 'SWITCH' #" doesn't work. I use this when I want an audio file to repeat. In my case I like it to repeat if I have the thottle kill switched on so if I forget it's on when I go to start the engine I know it.

Perhaps a repeat option for on and off such as R-ON or R-OFF.

Man this board is really starting to come alive...Awsome job guys!

Oh Brent, where are we with adding switches? Needs to be in the FW? I could use another switch on the left side to trigger an audio such as speed, alt and distance. Just a momentary push button.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I would like that on er9x too :mrgreen:

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
preston91

Post by preston91 »

OK opened the unit this AM reseated the plugs, put thr DPDT switch back in, found a possible short the power trace and the next to the left. put it back together and I'm golden. working just find, turns off every time in either flysky or frsky mode.. happy, happy!
SkyNorth

Post by SkyNorth »

Adding switches is a firmware thing.
The Encoder push switch is unused , as is the DAC1 output and the second PPM output, which could be used as switch inputs as well.
You need to ask Mike nicely to add them as user switches......

-Brent
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Damn, I entered a longish reply to this, and when I submitted it the forum said I needed to be logged on, BUT I WAS! It took me to the log on screen, so I logged on again, then it lost my post. Rob? This has happened to me before, any ideas?

OK, the encoder (a work in progress) does have some functionality:
When at the top of a menu, the encoder moves you left and right.
When lower down a menu, with multiple items on a line, the encoder moves you left and right.
When on a single item on a line, the encoder edits the value.
When on an item on a line with multiple items, the rotary switch toggle edit mode (like MENU), then the encoder edits the value.
A long press of the rotary switch acts like EXIT.

As I said, there may be odd things that don't work yet, still working on it.

Adding switches may need the EEPROM structure/entries to change, and affect any other entries where a switch is specified, I'll have to look into it.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

er9x? or can we forget it? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Rotary encoder or extra switches? I know, you want both. Either would need extra inputs from somewhere. Nothing that will happen that quickly, but Steven's TelemetrEZ board does have provision for 'spare' I/O, so 'might' allow for something to be added. We 'might' also get some flash released by getting the processor on the TelemetrEZ board to do some telemetry processing, but that will take some time to do, if it is possible.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”