Ersky 9x Explained

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
Mutchy

Ersky 9x Explained

Post by Mutchy »

Here is a manual for ersky9x.
I have not personally used global variables or set up a student radio using the trainer pages in ersky9x so my explanations for the operation of these pages may be somewhat weak.
I used Erazz's Er9x manual for some of the text for which I am most grateful but I felt it was presumptuous of me to copy his humour and laconic style. So it's sort of bland in style reflecting my years of specification writing and contract administration experience. :)
I used release 178 of ersky9x because I know it works very well so there may be some enhancements if you are using a later release.
Please PM me with any errors and I will update the file.
Steve
ersky9x Explained Rev2.pdf
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 976 times
Last edited by Mutchy on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Daedalus66

Re: Ersky 9x Explained

Post by Daedalus66 »

Looking forward to it, but I couldn't download the file. Will try again later.
kaos

Post by kaos »

Mutchy:
Nice work.
I think the screen shots for expo/DR is a prior r178 screen.

Here is how to use GVAR for expo/DR:

once into the expo/DR menu (with graph), highlight expo or DR(weight), long press 'menu',
you will get GV1-5, Assign any GVx for expo or DR(weight)
in GVAR menu set GVx to p1-3 or WEN (wheel encoder) . turn the pot1-3 or wheel, expo /DR will change. (look the expo/DR graph)
expo is limited to -100 to 100, DR is 0-100 when pot move beyond that it won't change any more.

really neat.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Download doesn't work for me either.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
kaos

Post by kaos »

strange. downloading just fine here.

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I tried from my mobile using tapatalk. Maybe that's the problem.

My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

jhsa wrote:I tried from my mobile using tapatalk. Maybe that's the problem.

That seems to be it. It downloaded fine on my desktop.
Mutchy

Post by Mutchy »

kaos wrote:Mutchy:
Nice work.
I think the screen shots for expo/DR is a prior r178 screen.

Here is how to use GVAR for expo/DR:

once into the expo/DR menu (with graph), highlight expo or DR(weight), long press 'menu',
you will get GV1-5, Assign any GVx for expo or DR(weight)
in GVAR menu set GVx to p1-3 or WEN (wheel encoder) . turn the pot1-3 or wheel, expo /DR will change. (look the expo/DR graph)
expo is limited to -100 to 100, DR is 0-100 when pot move beyond that it won't change any more.

really neat.
Thanks Kaos.
I seem to learn new things from you every day:)
I will have a play with GVARs and include a better explanation in my next revision.
Busy with Joao's lesson on voice alarms at the moment....
Steve
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

Nice work.

Please check if the following remarks fit to Ersky as I only can compare it with ER9x

page4 (bottom)
It has a list of the switches with those in the 'down' position shown in white letters on a dark
background ie in reverse.
I assume switches are in the "up" position (not "down") when they are shown in reverse

page 15 (top)
then press MENU again the asterissk moves to that model and the firmware from the SD card becomes the active firmware.
Not the active firmware but the active model configuration

page 15 (bottom)
are c1% throuh to c24% safety switch numbers? Why are they 'c1' and so on when safety switches are 'sw1' etc. otherwise?
c1% - c24% means ch1% - ch24%, the proportional output value of Channel 1 to Channel 24

As to my knowledge, the string length is limited to 4 characters and therefore it has been abbreviated like this

page 18 (bottom)
Flight modes
A short press of the RIGHT key will bring up the flight modes screen. 6 flight modes plus the default one
are available for use.
aren't it "9" flight modes (8 + default 0)??

page 27 (bottom)
For example to announce the value of the timer and to turn it on using the RUD switch the following two custom switches must be used; the second one being the AND function mentioned above:
SW1 Time Off 25 On 5
SW2 AND SW1 RUD
Only one switchline is required, as the RUD switch can be added at the end of the line
SW1 Time Off 25 On 5 RUD

page 28
One note regarding the safety switches:

When the safety switch is active, the output of the channel is set to your defined value (e.g. -100)
but the channel will have the channel value according to throttle position (and mixes) prior to the safety switch override. (and this value is shown on the channel monitor display)
If you, for example, use the output of the throttle channel to control some elevator down according to your motor speed, if you cut off the motor at full throttle with the safety switch, the motor will stop but the elevator down will still be active.

Voice switches "BOTH"
VS1 GEA BOTH 150

When the GEAR switch is activated it plays file 150 "Gear up" and when the switch is deactivated it plays 151 "Gear down"

Reinhard
Mutchy

Post by Mutchy »

Hello Reinhard.
Thanks very much for your remarks.
I will issue a revision today including your corrections and those of Kaos and Joao.
Your help and that of others too is most appreciated.
Steve
Mutchy

Post by Mutchy »

Hello All.
Thanks to Kaos and Reinhard I have revised 'Ersky9x Explained' and uploaded the revision to the first post in this thread.
I have responded to all the comments from the posts above and added some extra verbiage of my own to attempt to be as clear as possible.
Again let me say how grateful I am for both Reinhard and Kaos to take the time to read the document with a wise and critical eye. It's 31 pages and not a sexy novel!
Steve
kaos

Post by kaos »

I can't take the credit. I 'speed read' the document, only my eyes caught by the expo/dr screen shot and you mentioned the GVAR in the post. ;)
Mutchy

Post by Mutchy »

I have revised the manual again following receipt of comments from Mike B whom I thank for his interest and attention to detail. The revision appears in post #1 this topic.
Steve
SupraGo

Post by SupraGo »

Just found this. Much better late than never. Thank you.
Bill
Mutchy

Post by Mutchy »

You are welcome, Bill.
This manual was based on r179 of Ersky9x, I think. There is a more up to date manual here: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5581 which covers up to r202. Please ignore the 9XR Pro hardware related words as they obviously will not apply to you.
r204 has been released and I will be posting a revised edition of '9XR Pro: Ersky9x Explained' in a couple of weeks when my co-author Daedulee 66 returns from his European holiday.
You may find this helpful too: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5314 Its a set of instructions on how to upload boot loader versions of Ersky9x using Sam-BA. After that you can upload new releases of Ersky9x using the SD card and the buttons on the radio. No more Sam-BA :)
Steve
SupraGo

Post by SupraGo »

You have been busy!! :-)

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”