ErskyTx Test Versions

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
EdwardMcRichy

Re: Ersky9x Test Versions

Post by EdwardMcRichy »

Quick question, I'm using the R9M and one of it's previous updates made a change to the 1w power mode so it essentially starts at 100mw and changes power up to 1w as the RSSI signal gets weaker. Is this update reflected in the latest test versions of firmware? I was looking at the test versions page and didn't see it in the notes. The version of firmware I was using on my QX7 is the 221 from the ER9x.com site. Just updated to 222d2. thanks in advance.

https://www.frsky-rc.com/r9m/
When I'm not flying I'm dreaming of flying, when I'm not dreaming of flying.....I'm asleep

budavaril

Post by budavaril »

MikeB wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:33 pm I have posted r222 c9, which supports the R9M flex firmware on most radios.

Mike
openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=10792&sid=81f66c540e993eb4bb43e38e4e298c5a&start=30
AlessB

Post by AlessB »

Mike, what is the difference release in 20 may and 21 may (222 release)?
budavaril

Post by budavaril »

One of the "curve" screen had some line missing bottom of the screen.
mentero wrote:HI,

Found a couple of lines missing at the right and bottom of the edit curve screen.

Version is 222 19.05.2019 and radio is 9XR.Pro but on a different box, with the inverted screen option checked, so maybe it is only just my radio.

Best,
Miguel

budavaril

Post by budavaril »

Mike, is there any difference between this 222 release ( 21 may ) and 222d4 related of the 9xrPro?
Is this actualy can calling as R222d5 or "just" a collection of "everything until now" ?

Thanks,
Laszlo

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

There are a couple of (small) bug fixes, like the curve graph above. The main change since "d4" is support for the FrSky X9Lite and the ACCESS protocol on it.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
budavaril

Post by budavaril »

Thanks Mike for your answer.
By the way ACCESS protocol....
Do you have any information (what you allowed to share with us) about on "old" R9M, will be possible to using ACCESS protocol if we just change the firmware or there any hardware difference(s), or may already available just this new firmware was missing for the controller?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I think it will be able to use ACCESS. Keep an eye on this page: https://www.frsky-rc.com/frsky-advanced ... l-release/ to see what is being released and when.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
budavaril

Post by budavaril »

Thank you Mike. Sounds we have a hope.
vodkabears

Post by vodkabears »

Hi Mike. Is "21-May-2019 23:55" version the one that will be published at er9x.com?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'm just testing on several different radios, and found small bugs that are only on some. When I fix them, I build all the binary files to make sure I haven't caused any problems on other radios.
So this will be the version published, unless you are using a radio with a fixed bug (!), but there may be a new date.

Yesterday I found a problem with the top display on the X9E. That does not affect any of the other radios, but I have recompiled all the binaries.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
ufoDziner

Post by ufoDziner »

Hello,
I'm interested in using Ersky9x on an X-Lite (original version). Does the erskyTx for X9Lite (R222) file include the reduced latency work you've done? I'll be using it with a crossfire micro, so I'm not sure that it makes a difference, but figured it would be worth asking anyway. Thanks!
Rad

Post by Rad »

Hi Mike, not sure if this is the correct thread to write this.
I am experiencing the same glitch for quite a long time, with 9xtreme, and a 6 position switch.
If I turn the 6pos switch slowly, there is no problem, but If I turn it from pos 1 to 6 fast, the reversed color screen changes to nomal (I use reverse as default)

Video here: https://youtu.be/oNWnREkTcjU
I am using ersky9xProvR222d4, but with older versions I had the same issue.
My 9xr pro is fine.

EDIT: I have seen there is a bugs thread. Please somebody delete this post.
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
3blake7

Re: ErskyTx Test Versions

Post by 3blake7 »

tried the x9 lite rom in:
ersky9xProvR222.zip 16-Jun-2019 20:51

Everything works, it binds (the x9lite rom on www.er9x.com wouldn't bind). I originally tried this because of dropout issues with D16 on SPI FrSky boards. Still having dropouts but they seem less frequent compared to OpenTx 2.3.0

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr ... ers/page14
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

There will likely be changes to be made in the BF SPI code for it to work well with the new radios. It's not related to the radio's operating system, but to the RF module.
3blake7

Post by 3blake7 »

Kilrah wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:23 pm There will likely be changes to be made in the BF SPI code for it to work well with the new radios. It's not related to the radio's operating system, but to the RF module.
ok. people on rcgroups were saying the issue wasn't happening with pre 2.2.2 OpenTx and ErSkyTx, so I thought I would give it a try.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

OpenTX / ersky9x only have very little influence over what's sent over the air - all we can do is tell the module in what mode to operate with which options, and give it channel data. This works with everything but SPI receivers in the FC boards, which have tried to reimplement the RF protocol by reverse-engineering. Only possibility is that this has been done incompletely/incorrectly and something that is perfectly normal somehow throws it off.
We can't really help with that since we don't know anything about the actual RF sent out by the module.
SabreJet

Post by SabreJet »

What's the status of ErskyTX for the Jumper T16? Anything available?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I have a version of erskyTx that runs OK on the T16, although I haven't published it yet. I may do so very soon. Note that, as with the 9XR-PRO when it first came out, the use of FrSky 'X' and FrSky 'D' protocols is disabled on the T16 until Jumper reach an agreement with FrSky to allow their use (which HK did for the 'PRO).

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Galand

Post by Galand »

Hi Mike,
Any progress on the T16 front?
shuricella

Post by shuricella »

Hey. What kind of firmware can be installed on the Flysky Nv-14 Nirvana transmitter. This transmitter is touch screen.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I believe openTx is being ported to the Nirvana, but I don't know if it has been completed.
I do not have any information or hardware for this transmitter, so I cannot do anything with erskyTx. From the amount of time it appears to be takig to port openTx to it, I don't think I would have the time to port erskyTx.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
shuricella

Post by shuricella »

MikeB wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:41 am I believe openTx is being ported to the Nirvana, but I don't know if it has been completed.
I do not have any information or hardware for this transmitter, so I cannot do anything with erskyTx. From the amount of time it appears to be takig to port openTx to it, I don't think I would have the time to port erskyTx.

Mike
Thank you for the answer. I hoped that your firmware is coming to my transmitter.
ronron84

Post by ronron84 »

hi Mike
Did you find a way to stick ersky on taranis x9d 2019 access.

thanks
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

Look for erskyTx for Taranis
I have been using it for a long time, find it here: http://www.er9x.com/
If you have any troubles ask for help, but I think you will have none as it runs very very well !
Use eepSkye on your computer instead of er9x.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've got a build operating for the 2019 version, but I still need to go through all the changed pin connections to make sure they have the correct drivers attached to them.
I've had a few other things to look at so this has slipped a bit.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
macem

Post by macem »

I really like this software, it is better than openTX, I installed it on my tgy 9XR pro and frsky Q7. But for me there is missing support for FS-RM003 modules, i have this modules in both trasmitters and I can only use PWM. Question it is possible to support i-bus, s-bus same like tgy-9x can do ?.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

That module needs a new protocol (Futaba PCM) to the module to be implemented. I have some information on it, but it needs full reverse engineering.
I don't have one of those modules to be able to test it.
Given the Multiprotocol module supports the RF protocol I'm not sure how many users would like this.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
phil

Post by phil »

As far as I know, this module can only store one recipient. if you have a second recipient you have to tie it again and again.
a multi-protocol module provides a remedy
phil
Rad

Post by Rad »

Hi Mike, I have been entering this post for years in a regular basis for updating my radio, and I am surprised there is no update since August. I wonder why. Is there a new link? Or is everybody in edge tx? Or is just that the current software is perfect?

Nothing that I feel I need to implant, just curious. For me the software is great as it is now.
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”