ERSKY9X Coding

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
Galand

Re: ERSKY9X Coding

Post by Galand »

MikeB wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:39 pm The bootloader declares the volume name of the (pseudo) drive that is the flash and EEPROM memory. It may be that the openTx bootloader is now using a different name. If you connect the USB to your computer, what is the volume name of that drive?

What revision of eepskye are you using (revision and date)?

Mike
Using R422 dated 2/18/18
The Tx does not show up under the Serial Bus controllers in the Device Mgr.
However when I hook up the USB cable it activates the STM32 Bootloader in the Devices.
So the PC sees the Tx, but eepskye cannot talk to it.
Any action on the Tx give the "Tx disk not mounted" message generated by eepskye.
With Companion 2.2 I can see the two drives on the SD card and have full functionality
So Companion can talk to the Tx.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

On the erskyTx test version thread, there is an update to eepskye (actually several!). The most recent is dated 22-Feb-2019.
Please try that, download the file, rename eepskye.exe in your eepe directory (so you may revert if needed), then copy eepskye.exe from the downloaded .zip file into your eepe directory.

You didn't report what the volume name of the flash memory drive is.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, on this latest version, trying to edit a curve by dragging the little circles crashes eepskye..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Galand

Post by Galand »

MikeB wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:56 pm On the erskyTx test version thread, there is an update to eepskye (actually several!). The most recent is dated 22-Feb-2019.
Please try that, download the file, rename eepskye.exe in your eepe directory (so you may revert if needed), then copy eepskye.exe from the downloaded .zip file into your eepe directory.

You didn't report what the volume name of the flash memory drive is.

Mike
I successfully installed the 2/22/19 version. The "About" screen now shows as p433 Feb 3 2019.
When I clicked on the old version to "check for updates" it always told me that there were no updates.
Unfortunately, I still get the "Tx Not Mounted" message.
Does it matter if my settings still show as version to download "ersky9x(AR9X board)" ?
The Tx does not show up as a volume in the File explorer, if that is what your question is.
I still suspect a Windows driver issue.
Dirk
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Oops, I forgot you are using a T16. This doesn't have EEPROM, everything is on the SD card. I haven't got round to updating eepskye to handle that yet.
Does the SD card show up as a drive in file explorer when using the openTx bootloader?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

Galand

Post by Galand »

MikeB wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:46 pm Oops, I forgot you are using a T16. This doesn't have EEPROM, everything is on the SD card. I haven't got round to updating eepskye to handle that yet.
Does the SD card show up as a drive in file explorer when using the openTx bootloader?

Mike
No, it doesn't and that is why I suspect a USB driver issue.
But then, why the PC sees the Tx with Companion, beats me.
It may have something to do with the OpenTx bootloader, but I do not know how to use that one with eepskye.
I have STM32 installed and it shows as a device in the Device Manager when I connect the USB cable, if that means anything.
Dirk
Galand

Post by Galand »

Mike,
What condition inside of eepskye triggers the "Tx Not Mounted" message?
Maybe that would help me troubleshoot my problem.
Thanks
Dirk
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Do you know what file the bootloader is in? Or is it the one that was on the radio when you first got it?
When in the bootloader, and you plug in the USB cable, do you hear the "USB device connected" tones? If so, can you tell what device is now connected?
If the bootloader presents hard drives, then there should not be any driver problem as hard drives use a standard, built in driver.

eepskye searches for a hard drive with a specific volume label. It actually allows for two different labels as openTx used a different name.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Galand

Post by Galand »

MikeB wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:08 am Do you know what file the bootloader is in? Or is it the one that was on the radio when you first got it?
When in the bootloader, and you plug in the USB cable, do you hear the "USB device connected" tones? If so, can you tell what device is now connected?
If the bootloader presents hard drives, then there should not be any driver problem as hard drives use a standard, built in driver.

eepskye searches for a hard drive with a specific volume label. It actually allows for two different labels as openTx used a different name.

Mike
I am clearly in over my head in this.
When I got the T16, I installed JumperTx and later Open Tx with companion.
So the bootloader would either have been there originally or only after I installed STM32 with Zadig.
As far as I can tell, STM32 sits in Windows\System32\DiverStore\FileRepository.
I do not know the name of any other pertinent bootloader. Can you tell me what to look for?
When starting in BL mode (trims inwards) it shows HORUS BOOTLOADER with options to: "Write Firmware or Exit or Plug in USB Cable for mass storage"
At the bottom of the screen it says "Current Firmware: no version found"
With the USB plugged in it says "USB connected" and I get the sound.
Now, in the File Explorer, I see an F: drive with Firmware.bin and Firmware.txt and a drive E: with a whole series of folders starting with Crossfire, Firmware, etc...
The Firmware folder contains the t16_rom.bin which I put there directly on the SD card..
This for me is the same as I got when running OpenTx. At least The PC now sees the SD card.
Now, how do I make eepskye see the Tx?
Hope this helps.
I really appreciate your help.
Dirk
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

All good! The Drive E: is the SD card, the Drive F: is the actual firmware on the radio.
The Drive F: should have a volume name, what is it please?

As I mentioned a few posts back, the T16 doesn't have any EEPROM, so the Drive F: doesn't have an "EEPROM.bin" file on it. All the radio setup and models are stored on the SD card.
At present, I haven't got eepskye to look at the files on the SD card, so you cannot use eepskye to edit models with the T16 (yet). eepskye should be able to read/write the firmware however, as that is how I first got erskyTx on the T16 (using the openTx bootloader before I wrote the erskyTx bootloader for it).

I'm trying to find time to add this, but I have several other things needing my time just now.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Galand

Post by Galand »

MikeB wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:03 am All good! The Drive E: is the SD card, the Drive F: is the actual firmware on the radio.
The Drive F: should have a volume name, what is it please?

As I mentioned a few posts back, the T16 doesn't have any EEPROM, so the Drive F: doesn't have an "EEPROM.bin" file on it. All the radio setup and models are stored on the SD card.
At present, I haven't got eepskye to look at the files on the SD card, so you cannot use eepskye to edit models with the T16 (yet). eepskye should be able to read/write the firmware however, as that is how I first got erskyTx on the T16 (using the openTx bootloader before I wrote the erskyTx bootloader for it).

I'm trying to find time to add this, but I have several other things needing my time just now.

Mike
The F drive is called X10 (F:).
My chief interest to have erskyTx on the T16 was to migrate my 30 odd models, so as to not have to re-program them all in OpenTx.
Without eepskye, I guess, I have no choice.
I copied my eepskye model file onto the SD, but that does not seem to work. Even with erskyTx running on the T16.
Unless I am missing something.
It looks like I am the only one interested in this, so it may indeed not worth bothering about this.
Thanks for the help so far and no hard feelings either way.
Dirk
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Wait, I think Mike asked you the name of the drive so he can implement it in Eepskye. Please be a bit patient :)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

OK, this is possible.
Run eepskye and load your EEPROM from your existing radio. Right click on each model and select "save model/settings". Confirm the file dialog (you might select a different directory). You may leave eepskye now.
Now connect to the SD card on the T16, make sure there is a "MODELS" directory on the root of the SD card, then copy all the saved .eepm files to the "MODELS" directory.
Start the T16 normally, go to the "Model Select" menu, step down to an empty slot, bring up the popup menu and select "Restore", you should then be able to restore one of the saved models to this slot.
If a model is from a different style of radio (different number and type of switches for example), you will need to check any switch assignments used.
Some copy across OK (e.g. the ID0/1/2 switch on a 9XR-PRO maps to SWC on the T16 and the THR switch should map to SWF), but others have no clear mapping (e.g. ELE on the 9XR-PRO has no obvious mapping on the T16).

eepskye won't find your F: drive if it is called X10. If you put the erskyTx bootloader on, then eepskye will find the drive (it will have a different volume name) but there will still not be any EEPROM file so eepskye won't read/write any models.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Galand

Post by Galand »

MikeB wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:30 am OK, this is possible.
Run eepskye and load your EEPROM from your existing radio. Right click on each model and select "save model/settings". Confirm the file dialog (you might select a different directory). You may leave eepskye now.
Now connect to the SD card on the T16, make sure there is a "MODELS" directory on the root of the SD card, then copy all the saved .eepm files to the "MODELS" directory.
Start the T16 normally, go to the "Model Select" menu, step down to an empty slot, bring up the popup menu and select "Restore", you should then be able to restore one of the saved models to this slot.
If a model is from a different style of radio (different number and type of switches for example), you will need to check any switch assignments used.
Some copy across OK (e.g. the ID0/1/2 switch on a 9XR-PRO maps to SWC on the T16 and the THR switch should map to SWF), but others have no clear mapping (e.g. ELE on the 9XR-PRO has no obvious mapping on the T16).

eepskye won't find your F: drive if it is called X10. If you put the erskyTx bootloader on, then eepskye will find the drive (it will have a different volume name) but there will still not be any EEPROM file so eepskye won't read/write any models.

Mike
Great!!!
That worked. All my 34 models sit in the T16.
I copied my .eepm back-up file directly into the SD card MODELS file and then the RESTORE function found them.
Like you said, some switches need checking but apparently other info like trims, limits and expo/dual rates came across correctly.
Not sure what your last paragraph re: the F: drive alludes to.
Looking forward to a fully functional eepskye.
Thanks Mike!
Dirk
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Galand wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:48 pm
Not sure what your last paragraph re: the F: drive alludes to.
Well, on your previous post you said "The F drive is called X10 (F:)." So, this is what Mike was talking about.
Computers, at least with windowzzzz, :) Always assign letters to external devices you connect to it. So, in your case, the radio got the letter "F".

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted a new "test version" R222D6. Only changes needed to support new radios are in, although there may be the odd (minor) bug fix.
Apart from bug fixes that may now be found, I intend to use this as a formal R222 release (about time I did a release!).

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Thanks Mike..

There are a few things that might need your attention in my opinion. Please let me know when you have some time for them, as i might be able to help testing. One of them is the logical switches menu. :)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I really don't want to change anything now, but want to get R222 released. After that, I'll consider changes.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Possibly, a safe change for the logical switches would be to force the editing to be done using the sub menu only. This is currently done by going right three times, so the whole line is highlighted, then a press of menu takes you to the sub menu where all the parameters for the switch may be edited. I do this on the original SKY board to save flash space, so the edit should be safe and is known to work!

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Yes, I think we did discuss it some time ago.
Then you could also include the delay (and possible future features) in the sub-menu.

The problem is that when viewing the logical switches as a whole, there is no space to view all settings on a single line.
You could display the most relevant options though.
Or perhaps something like the split screen you have implemented in the mixer. When selecting a logical switch, all its options would display on the right side of the screen.

Thank you

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The only thing missing is the delay value. As a small change, I'll display the delay value for the currently selected line in the top right corner.
Anything more complicated will wait until I've released R222.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

MikeB wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:26 pm The only thing missing is the delay value. As a small change, I'll display the delay value for the currently selected line in the top right corner.
Anything more complicated will wait until I've released R222.

Mike
Cool Mike, thank you. At least for now, we will have all the options together in the same menu.. And that is important in my opinion.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted erskyTx prov A3 for R223. This has the X10S external module fixes in and also the multi-protocol module scanner display is in for all radios (except the SKY board that is low on flash space).

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Thanks Mike..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted a new test version of erskyTx, together with eepskye.
Logical switches have been enhanced:
1. There is a new function "Range". The switch is ON when the switch input is between the two values (inclusive, so >= low value and <= high value).
2. The AND switch may now be configured as AND, OR or XOR. If the function is a timer or a 1-shot however, only AND is allowed due to the way these work.
eepskye also includes the log file viewer (taken from openTx!, thank you).
The eepskye is built using QT5, so needs to be fully copied unless you have already installed a QT5 version.

All source files have also been committed to Github.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, thank you so much. I can see we are approaching Xmas :D
Is the Logical switches delay in the logical switch setting already or still at the bottom of the screen?
The new functions will allow us to simplify some of the models I suppose.

Thanks

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
JanRy

Post by JanRy »

Thanks Mike,
I have an issue though. One of my models causes the latest EepeSky to crash, see attached file.
It opens OK in the previous revision.
Attachments
temp.zip
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'm investigating, it looks to be something to do with the Multiprotocol setting, which protocol type are you using?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted an updated eepskye.exe that should fix that problem. Just copy the new .exe file into your existing directory.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
JanRy

Post by JanRy »

all seems to be working fine now, thank you Mike.

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”