ERSKY9X Coding

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
jhsa

Re: ERSKY9X Coding

Post by jhsa »

The dot missing is a clear indication of the T-Trim, as it doesn't have a middle point as reference like all the other trims do..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

kaos

Post by kaos »

I think a missing dot CAN be a good indication. But, when starting a new model, the trim is dead center, you can't tell that at all whether T-trim is on or not. Ah, may be a different dot, like a triangle dot or just a flat '-' .
As long as I know the dot is for what, that is fine with me. Move the Thr trim a bit then I can find out. Just during this transition period, everything is changing at the same time. I am switching different models and/or different multi modules and DJT. It drove me nuts. :lol:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

This option is there since nearly the beginning of Er9x. And now you know that without dot it works differently. Sometimes what it takes is just open the manual and search for an explanation for that option. That is why people spent hours and hours writing it :)
You might not know but you can control a channel with an unused trim.. The throttle trim for example is normally not used with electric motors.
So you can select the Throttle trim as source to a GVAR and use this GVAR as source to a mix.. That is it, click up and down and the servo will move..
Now, should we change the little dot to a square?? :) :D

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
kaos

Post by kaos »

Mike:
on the A7105 Hubsan module, I get TmOK as '1' and get A1,rssi, tssi but voice alarm keeps coming up 'no telemetry'

another question, on cc2500 module using Frsky protocol, the telemetry 'usrproto' should use Frsky or Frskyhub? Using today github Multi hex , I could not get any telemetry data from either com1 or com2-nonrs232. I have tried setting telemetry usrproto to either Frsky or Frskybub. Neither get any telemetry data. and TmOK is '0'.

I used DJT and there is no problem getting telemetry data on com1.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

There is a timeout on continuing to receive telemetry data. If telemetry data is not received in that time, then "No Telemetry" is played. It may be the Multi module not sending the telemetry data often enough.
"Frsky" should work, I added "FrskyHub" to force 'hub' protocol if necessary.
Sounds like a problem with the Multi firmware.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

willhac

Post by willhac »

MikeB wrote: Sounds like a problem with the Multi firmware.

Mike.
I believe that the last version of multi module firmware posted on Github is not ready for FrSky Hub protocol yet : with the 9Xtreme/Multi/COM2/R218j : TmOK is at 1 with the last multi module firmware (A1-A2-RSSI-TSSI are OK)
If I flash the (older) multi module test firmware of dec. 20th posted on RCgroups by Midelic : TmOK is stable at 2, but the altitude (high precision vario) is sometimes going to extremes. After that Midelic said he found a bug in FrSky hub telemetry.
midelic

Post by midelic »

The multi version on github, have no HUB telemetry included.Only link telemetry every ~36ms.
What you mentioned was before a test version which was buggy.I figured out later on what was wrong and I'm still working on Hub telemetry code.
As soon as it is ready I will post on multi thread.

How come you received telemetry with Frsky with the last version from github,...and kaos didn't?
willhac

Post by willhac »

midelic wrote:As soon as it is ready I will post on multi thread.
Thanks !
From what I understand Kaos has the ar9x board (replacement board for tgy9x), I have the 9Xtreme (add-on board for the tgy9x).
Both use ersky9x but maybe there are hardware differences. I use COM2 for the telemetry on the 9Xtreme, which is a 3.3v non-inverted COM port.
I confirm I have receiver telemetry with the configuration above. (tried D6FR and D8R-II receivers)
kaos

Post by kaos »

willhac:
which version of ersky9x you are using? I was using the latest ersky9x test version Jan-02 (which has the software com1) and Multi 02-01(latest hex from github) and did not get any telemetry from Frsky either via com1(with built in rs232) or com2(without rs232 access pad).
willhac

Post by willhac »

For ersky9x : ersky9xProvR218j.zip (31-Dec-2015 - the last version for 9Xtreme)
For Multi : the same as yours (Multi 02-01)
kaos

Post by kaos »

got it. Don't know what the difference is but Mike probably know.
willhac

Post by willhac »

Good !
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

ersky9xProvR218j on the 9Xtreme should support using COM1, via a software serial driver, for the MULTI telemetry, as does COM1 on a SKY/AR9X board when using inverted input hardware.

I need to pull the settings for COM1 together so you may just select "invert COM1", as is available in hardware for the 9XR-PRO and the firmware will select the correct driver.

However, I really want to release r218 before I start on any more changes.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, once inverted will COM1 work with both 3.3V level and RS232 level?
Tnx.
João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
willhac

Post by willhac »

MikeB wrote:ersky9xProvR218j on the 9Xtreme should support using COM1, via a software serial driver, for the MULTI telemetry, as does COM1 on a SKY/AR9X board when using inverted input hardware.

Mike.
I didn't know we could already use it ! :)
It works fine.
kaos

Post by kaos »

I reload the Jan 02 Multi from Github and ran a test again. Today I do get rx telemetry. with TmOK=1 through either com1 or com2-nonrs232
Don't understand why yesterday I did not. This is with Frsky protocol. May be my brain all messed up. :lol: I was also testing different test versions from Midelic.

Mike: I put the TmOK to voice switch (VA). I can't get '0' to play. I got '1' to sound no issue, when I get 'no telemetry' from tx, '0' won't sound. remind you I am still using the number system of voice file with no 'named file' Don't know '2' is going to play, cause I have not got a '2' yet. ;)

edit: just test the TmOK VA with Hubsan protocol telemetry. Got the dance: 2,1,no telemetry, 2,1,notelemetry....repeats, but no '0' announced.
here is the comment from my wife when walking by: 'NOISY' :lol:
I do get A1, rssi, tssi telemetry. looks like the communication is intermittent that don't show on tele screen, only shown with TmOK VA and very quickly.
Last edited by kaos on Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

jhsa wrote:Mike, once inverted will COM1 work with both 3.3V level and RS232 level?
Tnx.
João
Yes (it does work already).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
tedbmoss

Post by tedbmoss »

Barometric altimeters are variable, but can give usable Altitude above your starting point. (Just zero it before you fly). Currently, my Galt and baro are reading high on the Multiprotocol module. (Except it stopped working with the hub). The RSSI and A1 and A2 and Tssi are working I think. That Tssi is bouncing around, I thought I had a bad antenna, maybe I do. They read the same on the DJT module, but they agree so IMHO it is not a problem. :)
tedbmoss

Post by tedbmoss »

The RTC only on my 9xr-pro does not work. It works properly on my Ar9x and 9Xtreme.
12-31-2015 software date. :( It does work with v.793-mike 5-26-2015 date. :)

The internal Frsky alarm stays on all the time when set to on on the alarm menu on the 9xr-pro with Rec. working and sending telemetering back but no hub telemetering using the Multiprotocol module. :(

The problem was solved by rewriting the sky9x.bin file using a copy from another TX.
Last edited by tedbmoss on Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Just checked the RTC on the 'PRO, all seems to be working fine, as does the setting of the FrSky Internal Alarm.
Did you flash ersky9x_rom instead of ersky9xr_rom to the 'PRO? This could explain your problems as the RTC is different, and a signal from the RTC is used to control hardware serial inversion on the 'PRO.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
tedbmoss

Post by tedbmoss »

I guess I have to get more specific. The code from this page-- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676.
Ersky9x test versions
ersky9xProvR218j.zip
02-jan-2016 16:45 has two files for the 9xr-Pro
Vers:v3489-Mike
ersky9x-r218
and also
x9dp-rom v.1
that do not work properly with the RTC in my 9xR-Pro, but do not change the clock settings either, when I load an older version, the clock still has the right time.
I am about to accuse you of partying too hard on New Years eve. :) No it was me partying too hard!
Last edited by tedbmoss on Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I only see one file inside the zip file, or am I missing something? and it is not for the pro. It is for skyboard and Ar9x boards.
The other one you mention "x9dp-rom v.1", it is also not for the pro. As far as I know it is for the taranis plus.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
tedbmoss

Post by tedbmoss »

:? I must be in a different universe, how do I get back to the right one? :?
Oh, the next zip file down. The provisional one :D Thank you Jhsa.
Last edited by tedbmoss on Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Jsha, if I miss MikeB and you chat with him
If he doesn't see this,
I tried ersky9x for my Taranis B to listen to the volume pot fix that works so well for the 9XT conversion.
I just loaded and tried it in my B Taranis with your sound files. That went well. But when I assigned any pot to control the volume I still heard the familiar Taranis pot pops as they're rotated. I'm ok with it but thought I'd try it. It works so well on the 9XT board.
I may be missing a setting but I was able to select and try all the pots and sliders with the same results. It's no problem and only a Taranis issue, but Mike felt it should work. I don't want to email as he gets so many so I'll post it here in hopes it'll get read.
I have one more issue at turn in that my alarms are disabled. I think I have all in. Again, I'm not sure many have tried it on the Taranis to report back.
I do like the menu setup. I have to relearn the button layout but they are marked well.
Next I want to try a x6r receiver bound in no telemetry mode in ersky9x on the Taranis before trying it with otx2.1. Raining finally in LA so just a muddy closed field and flooding everywhere that gives me bench time. My house is safe and I've got enough wine to stay inside, whew!
Happy New Year btw.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Power on holding the left horizontal trim to the left, this enables the hardware menu.
Now LONG LEFT, and go to the hardware menu. DOWN to the 'second' page and set "Software Vol." to ON.

Which alarms are disabled?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Showmaster Go to Radio Setup/AudioHaptic, and change "Beeper" to other than Quiet.. That should clear that "Alarms Disabled" warning.

Mike, is this "Quiet" setting really necessary? I think it causes more problems than is useful, specially when it is the default setting. We have a better way(s) of muting the audio now. Ok, maybe people don't want beeps on the trims, but it shouldn't trigger that alarm at power on anymore. I think an audio mixer where we could set individual volumes for internal audio (Beeps) and voice would be very nice.. It would make it easier to set all volumes in only one place, and independent from each other..

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

jhsa wrote:Showmaster Go to Radio Setup/AudioHaptic, and change "Beeper" to other than Quiet.. That should clear that "Alarms Disabled" warning.

Mike, is this "Quiet" setting really necessary? I think it causes more problems than is useful, specially when it is the default setting. We have a better way(s) of muting the audio now. Ok, maybe people don't want beeps on the trims, but it shouldn't trigger that alarm at power on anymore. I think an audio mixer where we could set individual volumes for internal audio (Beeps) and voice would be very nice.. It would make it easier to set all volumes in only one place, and independent from each other..
Yes, that did it, yea!
Thanks as always
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

It would seem I still have the Taranis (2.0.13) boot loader installed ( trims to center at power on).
No left trim option at turn on.
I do see the ersky9x maintenance screen with trims out at turn on with a update boot loader option. I just don't have one on my sd card and need a link to it.
Sorry to be a pain but this is good to know so I can walk locals through it if the like my setup.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The left trim at power on doesn't report anything, it just enables the hardware menu. It is a recent addition to protect the hardware menu. You only need to use it if when you try the hardware menu it says "Disabled".

The bootloader is part of the main ersky9x .bin file (x9d_rom.bin or x9dp_rom.bin), so you just need that on the SD card in the firmware (no 's') directory to be able to update the bootloader. The 'left trim' to enable the hardware menu is not handled by the bootloader.

If you need a .bin file, try the ones in "ersky9xProvR218j.zip" from here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676#p65894.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I can take this discussion elsewhere Mike if you post a link.
I just updated the boot loaded via the sd card option, but no hardware vol option first or second hardware menu?
This is a Taranis B.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452184095.927947.jpg

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”