ERSKY9X Coding

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: ERSKY9X Coding

Post by MikeB »

I use the FrSky, high resolution vario. It has a resolution of 0.1m (4 inches), and raising it off the bench I do see that sort of change in the reading.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted what I hope will be the r218 release. When I've done that release, I hope to do releases more frequently, just adding one or two changes at a time.
I intend to get all of er9x, ersky9x, eepe, eepskye released with the sources up to date on the master branch on Github, then continue in a more controlled way, rather than having many test versions around.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Thanks Mike.. Happy New Year.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
kn4ud

Post by kn4ud »

I need some advise guys. I have the version 3 board in my 9x. I have all the options added encoder, gimbals, optrex etc. I am using r202 and copros 0106. I fly mostly quads. It all works very well. Should I upgrade the firmware and to which one and where can I get it.
kaos

Post by kaos »

MikeB wrote:I use the FrSky, high resolution vario. It has a resolution of 0.1m (4 inches), and raising it off the bench I do see that sort of change in the reading.
Mike.
sorry Mike to fill the space with off topic question. I always have this question about the alt sensor. I have a oXs sensor which is also very sensitive, I can get vario just by moving my hands up and down on the table. I think vario is based on changes in pressure??? but the Alt part, it is so sensitive to atmospheric pressure change, I can sit it on the table not moving it and the alt may go up and down quite a bit , some time 20-50 meters variation. If outside is a bad weather condition, it is even worse. I can blow air with my mouth and change the alt. Does the Frsky hi resolution do that? So in the air 200 meter high any changes in pressure in the spot will change the Alt, which is not the true Alt, it is the pressure change. That is why I have question about max/min usage in Alt.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I use one in my electric glider. I've been up as high as 1100 feet, but when I get back down to ground it is usually correct within a couple of feet.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kaos

Post by kaos »

that is pretty darn good. I may get one when (and if) I get a XJT later. Don't know would spend the money on when I already have DHT and DJT. thx.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The Frsky vario includes a "hub" output port, so also works with 'D' series receivers. In fact, my electric glider uses a D8R-II.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, 9XT. Not the latest version but the one before I guess. I want to test the latest versions on the bench before flying them as the platform is quite new..

The same problem with the voice as sometime ago. When I start/stop logging and a voice plays it kinda stutter..
The new thing is that today I have noticed that it did the same while I was already flying and the battery alarm sounded.

Thanks

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

That may be the same problem (interrupt priority) I recently found when testing the soft serial input. I had previously raised the priority of the voice handling interrupt, but without the fix for the soft serial, this would not be working.

What logging rate are you using?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

logging rate is set at 1 second..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
kaos

Post by kaos »

Mike:
with r218J v.3494 using AR9X board and Multi 16ch 30-12
I found a few things:
1. on Multi protocol 'Flysky" there used to be a type 'V9x9' (and may be others, can't remember for sure) now is missing, only type: Flysky there now. so my v959 light switch won't function with type: Flysky
2. on Multi protocol 'Hubsan', I clearly get telemetry A1 and rssi from com2 nonrs232 but tx keep repeating with voice warning: no telemetry. Also before on er9x the Hubsan only has A1 and rssi, now it is showing tssi same as rssi off and on (don't known if Multi code changed that or not).
3. again thr trim center dot is missing, only shows when the trim square is dead on center then it shows (I made sure the thr trim is off), and the trim square won't stop when you pass to the center like the other 3 trims when the square pass to center it will pause and my tx vibrator will vibrate.
4. testing the Multi DSM2 protocol, it only give very short range (~20 yards) even the setting is at 'high'. Don't know this is from Multi code or from r218j or my module is acting strangely (1st time test it, just made). One other user also reported the same thing on Multi thread.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Ar9x board, latest test version.
Throttle trim works as it should.
I have the little dot in the middle and the trim stops, and the radio vibrates every time the trim passes in the middle.
Changed the setting. Little dot disappeared and again the trim worked as it should. Changed the setting back to default, again the trim works accordingly..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

1. Workaround = change PPM2 start channel to something other than 'follow'.
This is caused by the MULTI protocol code re-using the number of channels variable for other purposes. This caused the ppm2 code to incorrectly work out what 'follow' means as it got the wrong number of channels. I put in a fix on ppm2 pulse generation, but this now stops the editing of the "number of channels" variable.
2. I'll look into the telemetry. We may get a problem/feature as I'm trying to include the "software serial" driver so the inverting input works with non-inverted data.
3. Trim seems to work fine for me.
4. The radio just sends the channel data to the module, anything to do with the range is to do with the module.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
flygear

Post by flygear »

I'm with AR9x Rev. B commercial ver together r218j.
I see all hour trim center dots on every model I select.

Kaos, will you select flash new model see if trim center dot appears?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

flygear: For information, the throttle centre dot in not shown if you have "Thr Trim" set to ON.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

The T-Trim setting is in Model Setup/General. And in this case it should be set to "OFF".

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
kaos

Post by kaos »

Mike:
I will use ch9 on ppm2 1st ch to try the multi again. I did use 'follow' cause I thought you changed that in r218j. And Hpnuts just recompiled a version of Multi code. I will try that with the ppm2 ch1 set to '9'.
but the trim thing, I can only report what I see. uploading a video, may be you can tell me what is happening.

edit: scratch the trim thing, i changed the 'mixer' setting of t-trim to off, but did not change the 'general' setting 't-trim' to off.
This is a little confusing when both general and mixer both have t-trim setting. I just changed the 'general' setting and the dot is appearing. which overrides which? 'general' overrides 'model mixer' or 'model mixer' overrides 'general" on t-trim?
edit 2: just tried with 'general' setting to off , the model mixer Thr trim to on/off will not affect the dot appearing. so with 'gneral' t-trim ON/OFF , you can over ride it in 'model mixer' with ON or OFF?
Last edited by kaos on Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted a fix for the ppm2/MULTI sub-sub protocol bug, and also I have added the software COM1 driver for MULTI telemetry. This handles the non-inverted serial data from the MUTLI module on COM1. I don't have COM2 sorted this way (yet).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kaos

Post by kaos »

Mike:'
Just tried the new test version Jan 02. Yeah, the telemetry is coming through AR9X com1. :)
I get telemetry data from Hubsan, A1, rssi, tssi(now steady and same as rssi, before tssi was off and on) from both com1 and com2-nonrs232 (I have a switch to change pin5 from com1-rs232 to com2-nonrs232 pad). But still the tx voice alarm keep saying 'no telemetry'
and i DO get the v9x9 type for Flysky protocol now. :)

Will do more detailed test on telemetry.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

kaos wrote:
edit: scratch the trim thing, i changed the 'mixer' setting of t-trim to off, but did not change the 'general' setting 't-trim' to off.
This is a little confusing when both general and mixer both have t-trim setting. I just changed the 'general' setting and the dot is appearing. which overrides which? 'general' overrides 'model mixer' or 'model mixer' overrides 'general" on t-trim?
edit 2: just tried with 'general' setting to off , the model mixer Thr trim to on/off will not affect the dot appearing. so with 'gneral' t-trim ON/OFF , you can over ride it in 'model mixer' with ON or OFF?
The "T-Trim" in the "Model Settings" and the "Trim" in the "Edit Mix" menu are completely different and have different functions..

The T-Trim changes the way the throttle trim works. From the er9x Manual:
T-Trim (Throttle Trim)
This is a useful feature for fuel-powered models. When turned ON, (1) the centre detent for the throttle
trim is removed, and (2) throttle trim affects only the “low” side of the throttle range. That means you
can use the trim for setting idle while full throttle remains unchanged. When OFF, throttle trim behaves
like trim on other primary controls.
And also from the er9x Manual the explanation for "Trim":
Trim
When this is ON, any trim value for the channel will be carried through the mix. When OFF, any trim
value is ignored.
So, as you can see, they are NOT the same setting in different places.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Check the value of the TmOK telemetry value. This is:
0: No telemetry
1: Only receiver telemetry (A1/A2/RSSI/TSSI)
2: Receiver and hub/sensor telemetry.

If you don't have any hub/sensor telemetry, but try to voice a sensor value, you will get "no telemetry".

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kaos

Post by kaos »

errrrh, where is TmOK telemetry value?
I did not set any voice alarm for Hubsan , it is coming from the system. the only place I did is the radio setup-> alarm->alarm warning : ON.

another question, where is the tx battery adjustment. I can't find it any more? Used to be 'up' button and there is a place you can calibrate the Tx battery voltage according to voltmeter.
kaos

Post by kaos »

jhsa: I think I misunderstood the 'T-trim', I thought it was 'instant Trim' on/off. most model I use instant trim, especially during testing phase. I automatically turn it on.
but still that dot is working for every other trim including throttle trim without T-trim ON. It is confusing to me. May be a separate idle throttle trim for fuel engine would be more clear. I don't have fuel engine model may be it is good for people fly the fuel engine. But a separate idle trim would be clear to everybody.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Maybe "Trim Sw" could be changed to "InstaTrim Sw", or even just "InstaTrim" if the first is too long..
T-Trim could remain as currently is..
João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
kaos

Post by kaos »

Mike: could the Telemetry-> UsrProto has anything to do with the 'no telemetry' thing?
There are 5 choices: Frsky,WSHhi,DSMx,Ardup,FrHub (I just noticed the newer Ardup FrHub from what I used to use)
I set hubsan at Frsky. What is the difference of Frsky and FrHub? I have been using Frsky for both Multi and DJT with or without hub. only now there is this 'no telemetry' warning come up with telemetry data coming through Hubsan.
I just test the Hubsan telemetry transmission data through either com 1 or com2 nonrs232, both showed accurate reporting of A1. Midelic just told me the rssi, tssi is a dummy number for now. The real number will be put in there in the future.

Jhsa: that is better, or iThr-Trim and Ins-Trim. but the idle throttle trim would still be better off to have a separate scale.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

kaos wrote:
Jhsa: that is better, or iThr-Trim and Ins-Trim. but the idle throttle trim would still be better off to have a separate scale.
I don't think so, because it is not a different trim. it is the same trim. It just works differently when that option is ON..
You probably don't understand what it is and how it works because you've never used it as you say. But people who fly (or flew) IC powered models know what I'm talking about.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
kaos

Post by kaos »

No I don't fly fuel engine, that missing dot certainly confused the hell out of this electric flyer. ;)
May be a different style of trim bar for T-trim in ON, so it is clear it is different for fuel engine and know right away T-trim is ON.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

It is already a different style.. The dot is not there when T-Trim is ON.. :o

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

TmOK is (currently) the last telemetry "sensor". Just go to a custom telemetry screen setup and add it.

Txbattery adjustment is on the DiagAna screen. To protect from accidental changes you MUST press MENU to enter edit mode to change the value (by A8).

I thought the missing dot was quite a clear indication. I did have "Ttm" showing in the centre of the screen when "Throttle Trim" was on but someone "complained" the minus sign of the timer wasn't showing so I removed it :mrgreen:

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”