ERSKYTx (was ersky9x) Questions

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: ERSKYTx (was ersky9x) Questions

Post by MikeB »

I'm surprised that SLOW is working on the 'PRO. Slow in a mix normally applies to changes in the source value, not when mixes are enabled/disabled by a switch.
There is a feature to help with slow, after all other mixes, add an extra mix with a source of "THIS", and put the slow values in just that mix. THIS, as a source, is the value of all the mixes that come before it.

Alternatively, when using a 3-pos switch to control the flaps, use the switch as the SOURCE, then adjust the weight, offset, and diff if needed to set the required positions, or use the limits menu, or a combination of all these! Slow then works correctly.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

JRMSR01

Post by JRMSR01 »

Thanks, THIS works (using REPLACE)
I did have weights of 100,0,100 and it worked at moving the FLAPS right, just could not SLOW it
(also don't understand why third weight is 100 instead of -100)
how would offset and diff be used, with weight, and why???
JRMSR01

Post by JRMSR01 »

I tried using SWITCH (SB) as a source
weight as -100, 0, -100 and switch SBup, SBmid, SBdn respectively
(still do not understand why 100,0,-100 does not work)
this does not allow SLOW to work

why would you use OFFSET and DIFF, to complicate
why would that make SLOW work
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

If you use SB as source, you only need ONE mixer line as the output is -weight, 0 and +weight for the three positions of SB. SLOW should then work as you are only changing the source.
If you want different output positions for the 3 switch positions, this may be done in at least 3 ways:
1. Change weight, offset and diff.
2. Add a curve.
3. Change the sub-trim and limits.

With flaps, you may want up, a bit of down (for take off), and fully down.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Sometimes is just better to use some flight modes. and avoids all the problems with the slow function. Flight modes also have slow, and it is a bit more user friendly than in the mixer.

Mike, using THIS in the mixer, what if I want different slow rates for the different mixes in the same channel? Like using the 3 POS switch for example. Let's say, I need a 2 second slow from up to middle, but want a 4 second slow between the middle position and the down position.. Is it even possible to achieve it using THIS? I remember trying a long while ago but couldn't do it.. :(

Thanks

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

JRMSR01

Post by JRMSR01 »

sorry feel dense, how can you have three (3) weights 100,0,-100 within one mixer line
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

jhsa wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:58 pmMike, using THIS in the mixer, what if I want different slow rates for the different mixes in the same channel? Like using the 3 POS switch for example. Let's say, I need a 2 second slow from up to middle, but want a 4 second slow between the middle position and the down position.. Is it even possible to achieve it using THIS? I remember trying a long while ago but couldn't do it.. :(
Slow does work with a switch if the source is FULL or HALF, so try:
-100% HALF Switch(ID2) Slow(u4:d4)
100% HALF Switch(ID0) Slow(u2:d2)

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

JRMSR01 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:06 pmsorry feel dense, how can you have three (3) weights 100,0,-100 within one mixer line
Think of using a switch as the source like using a stick. With a stick as the source (e.g. Ail), you get an input that goes between -100% and +100% with all values in between. With a switch as the source, you get an input that goes between -100% and +100% but only has 0% as a value in between (when the switch is in the middle position).

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Yes it does.. :) But I have noticed something that I am not sure it is the way it should work.
Please try moving the switch from one end to the other without stopping in the middle position. it looks like the slow somehow reverses. it doesn't follow the same criteria as if we stop in the middle. This doesn't seem correct..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
JRMSR01

Post by JRMSR01 »

that did it, really dense. I thought you had to signify each position of the switch, ergo mixing line SBup/SBmid/SBdn
I did not know it would ASSUME that, great now works with the least mixing, just SB as source, NO switch tab designations, and SLOW works

thanks much
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

João: Moving from one end to the other will be a bit odd as BOTH mixes are moving (slowly) at the same time, but at different speeds. The shorter time mix completes first, so the channel output then slows down to the slower mix.
If you really need the servo to take exactly the set slow times over each half when moving from one end to the other, you would need to make the mixes operate sequentially, not starting one changing until the other has finished.
You will then need to handle the case of changing the switch part way through the output change.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I think the best way in this case is to just use a couple flight modes.. :) They seem to do the job well..
But perhaps the way all this works could possibly be improved?? I guess perhaps both slow shouldn't start at the same time as they are in different mixes, even if being triggered by the same source? I think the second one should only take effect when the corresponding mix is triggered..

Thanks Mike.
João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, I am building a twin motor airplane with my son. I am thinking about using 2 batteries, each will power its motor.
I will use openXsensor (of course :) ) as the telemetry sensor. My questions are:
case 1: If possible use 1 openXsensor to read both batteries. How could I display the cells from both batteries separately, and set an alarm for either battery lower cell?

case 2: I could use 2 separate openXsensors, one for each battery in case the openxsensor is not able read 2 separate batteries (which I think it does). In this case, how could I connect 2 oxs to the receiver and read them in ErskyTX, and the same as above display both batteries cells, and program an alarm based on both lowest cells voltage?

Thanks.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Probably the easiest way is to send the second analog voltage as the A3 sensor value. There is a scaling setting in erskyTx, like those for A1 and A2. That would do for the full battery voltage.
If you can configure the oXs to send the cells of one battery voltage using the physical ID of 0x01 (the default of the FLVSS), and the cells of the other battery using a different physical ID, then one battery will use cells 0,1,2 etc, the the other will use 6,7,8 etc.
Cls1 should give the total voltage of one battery and Cls2 should give the total of the other battery, while Cvlt should give the lowest cell of all.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

MikeB wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:15 pm Probably the easiest way is to send the second analog voltage as the A3 sensor value. There is a scaling setting in erskyTx, like those for A1 and A2. That would do for the full battery voltage.
Yes, I could use the analog inputs, but I do want to have my alarms based on the lowest cell.
If you can configure the oXs to send the cells of one battery voltage using the physical ID of 0x01 (the default of the FLVSS), and the cells of the other battery using a different physical ID, then one battery will use cells 0,1,2 etc, the the other will use 6,7,8 etc.
I might have to build two oXs with different iDs. I guess that would work? I don't think the oXs can send two different IDs.
But how could I assign the cells from the second oXs to the Cls1, 2, and 3? And How could I display the lowest cell of these?
Cls1 should give the total voltage of one battery and Cls2 should give the total of the other battery, while Cvlt should give the lowest cell of all.
As I mentioned above, I would like to have 2 different alarms for the two batteries, and not the lowest from both batteries. :)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

If you have two oXs and they are on different, physical IDs, then if the first is ID 1 it will populate cells 1-6, and the other oXs that is not ID 1 will populate cells 7-12. Cvlt will be the lowest cell of all 12 (those that are populated).
Other than using a script, I'm not sure. You could use logical switches to find which is the lowest cell (compare Cvlt with each of the cell values), and so determine which battery has the lowest cell.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

MikeB wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:06 pm If you have two oXs and they are on different, physical IDs, then if the first is ID 1 it will populate cells 1-6, and the other oXs that is not ID 1 will populate cells 7-12.
that would do I guess.
Cvlt will be the lowest cell of all 12 (those that are populated).
Other than using a script, I'm not sure. You could use logical switches to find which is the lowest cell (compare Cvlt with each of the cell values), and so determine which battery has the lowest cell.
I see that ErskyTX cannot accept different sensors sending the same type of data yet.. At least some of the data. Unless they used different fields. For example, and please correct me if I am wrong, It reads all cells as belonging to the same battery, even if coming from a different sensor, hence not having a different Cvlt for a different battery. it would be useful though :)
I am building the model at the moment.. will see what can be done when I get to the point of programming the telemetry.

thank you

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

No, in general erskyTx doesn't look at the physical ID. The FLVSS is an exception where it routes the cell values to cells 1-6 or cells 7-12, and also provides the total voltage for cells 1-6 and 7-12 separately (Cls1 and Cls2). Perhaps Scalers need an extra function, when using two sources, of MIN.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Would not be better to implement a Cvlt2? or Cvt1 and Cvt2? It would be a bit more friendly than having to mess with scalers in my opinion :) They are powerful but they also scare people a bit :) at least they still scare me, and I am used to them, :)

Thanks Mike

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Piji

Post by Piji »

Hi
I hope this is posted in the correct thread if not sorry for this.
After many years using my Turnigy Xr pro with ERSKY 9x firmware I have purchased a Jumper T16 and the radio is absolutly great, the only issue is I am struggling with certain aspects of Jumper Tx and would really like to install ERSKYTx on the radio so was wondering if my statment below is correct.
Regarding the Jumper T16 and ERSKYTx, I have down loaded the files from Github and I know this may be a very simple question but is it just a case of transferring the files to an sd card and then following the standard flashing process on the radio.
Also has anyone done the change to ERSKYTx from the original Jumper Tx and if so was it sucssesful.
Thanks in advance of any replies
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I believe the bootloader is OK on the T16 as shipped.
Go here: https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676, download "erskyTxR222D7.zip", extract T16_rom.bin.
If you have eepskye on your computer, just start the T16 in bootloader mode (power on with horizontal trims held inwards), connect the USB to your computer and use eepskye to flash the radio.
Without eepskye, copy the T16_rom.bin file to the "Firmware" directory of the SD card, then use the bootloader to flash this to the radio.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Piji

Post by Piji »

Hi Mike
Thanks for the info, unfortunatley I am drawing a blank when trying to flash the T16, using EEPESKY I get the TX disk not mounted message, have tried updating EEPESKY but again the same happens.
When I put the .bin file in the firmware folder and try to flash from bootloader menu I get a strange message on the LCD (picture attached), I tried removing the opentx.sdcard.version file thinking this might be intefering with the flashing but I still get the same message, would appreciate your thoughts on this.
thanks
IMG_20200302_222920.jpg
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

What firmware do you currently have on the radio, JumperTx or openTx?
With the bootloader running, and then the USB connected, you should see 2 external drives on the computer, one is the SD card and the other is the drive that shows a file that is the firmware. What is the Volume label of this drive?

MIke
erskyTx/er9x developer
Piji

Post by Piji »

Hi Mike
Please see attached images one showing the firmware installed which is the Jumper TX and the second showing the drive letters assigned when the TX is connected via USB.
Thanks
IMG_20200303_165251.jpg
IMG_20200303_165529.jpg
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Go here: https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopi ... 676#p65894 and download "ersky9xProvR222.zip" dated "07-Jul-2019 20:23".
Extract eepskye.exe from the .zip file.
In your eepe directory, rename the existing eepskye.exe to something else (so you can revert to it if needed), then copy the extracted eepskye.exe into your eepe directory.
Now try running eepskye and flashing the T16.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Piji

Post by Piji »

Hi Mike
Thanks for the info, done it and yes it works.
I have managed to read the orginal firmware and write ersy9x to the jumper.
I have set a model up but not tried to bind to an RX yet will have to see how it goes.
Again thanks for your help with this :D :D
JRMSR01

Re: ERSKY9x Questions

Post by JRMSR01 »

MikeB wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:07 pm If you have a 9XR-PRO, then you have 512K of flash. You need to flash ersky9xr_rom.bin (note the small "r").
To check what chip you have, go to the "BOOT REASON" screen (Up LONG then LEFT), the chip ID is shown on the bottom line as 8 characters, should be 28AB 0A60 on the 'PRO.

Mike
what is up LONG the LEFT????
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Up LONG is "press the up button and hold it for a second, a long press", this gets to the statistics menus.
"then LEFT" is "press the left button to change the displayed screen.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
JRMSR01

Post by JRMSR01 »

MikeB wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:45 pm Up LONG is "press the up button and hold it for a second, a long press", this gets to the statistics menus.
"then LEFT" is "press the left button to change the displayed screen.

Mike
Sorry should have said, what is the Boot Reason Screen ????
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The "BOOT REASON" screen shows the reason the radio started, usually it says "POWER ON", but may say "WATCHDOG" or "UNEXPECTED" if something unusual happened.
The screen also displays an ID value of the processor chip fitted, that was read from the processor.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”