ERSKYTx (was ersky9x) Questions

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: ERSKYTx (was ersky9x) Questions

Post by MikeB »

I have some changes that now let me confirm enabling the wifi update, although I also don't see any wifi network appear for the Tx module. I do see a wifi network when I enable the wifi on the Rx.
Does something need to be configured under "WiFi Connectivity" before the Tx module appears?
I'm now looking to see how to handle these items with sub-menus.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

yds

Post by yds »

MikeB wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:22 pmDoes something need to be configured under "WiFi Connectivity" before the Tx module appears?
entering the WiFi Connectivity shows the following sub-menu of [buttons]

and selecting [Enable WiFi] button pops up the following confirmation "window"

then selecting [Enter] actually enables the TX WiFi
then pressing EXIT takes you out of the WiFi Running [*] spinner "window"
or after a successful fw upgrade via WiFi the TX resets itself..
and the script detects that reset and displays a success msg
after an upgrade the lua script usually needs to be exited and restarted for the version fields to repopulate with the upgrade fw info..
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Interesting. With my script, after WiFi Connectivity, I'm displaying "Enable WiFi" and "Enable Rx WiFi" as following parameters. I'll need to check how to handle all this. It seems all the parameters get sent, one after another, but contain information indicating if they are sub-menu items.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
AlessB

Post by AlessB »

Hi Mike. I tried to ERLS (flash frsky R9 module successful) and Ar9x radio. I download script form ERLS site write to sd card (Scripts) and run. Display wrote Alert: Script Error 3 from line 8.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

What script please? What revision or erskyTx?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

AlessB

Post by AlessB »

Mike, I'm sorry for disturbing you. I myself am to blame. Everything is working.
AlessB

Post by AlessB »

Mike hi. I tried new firmware ERLS (3.0RC1) ERLSv2. wrote error 111 at line 321.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I assume you are running ELRSv2.bas.
Try increasing the size of ParameterOptions from 100 to 150 on line 11:
array byte ParameterOptions[150]

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
AlessB

Post by AlessB »

Thanks Mike. This is worked.
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Hi Mike, is there a possibility to
1 - add a swr/ras value reading somewhere in the radio menus and
2 - while using the multiprotocol module, a firmware version reading in the protocol selection page for the (and not only) Irangex IRX4+?
Thx.
2x - Turnigy 9X with 9xtreme board;
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Frsky Taranis & Taranis +;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
Radiomaster TX16S Max mark II.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

1. For the FrSky modules (the only ones returning a SWR value as far as I know) this is available on some of the fixed telemetry screens and may be selected for display on a custom telemetry screen (The TSSI value changes to SWR when a FrSky module is selected).

2. The MPM firmware version should appear beside the "BIND" option on the protocol menu when the MPM is selected.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Scarofly

Post by Scarofly »

MikeB wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:29 am I assume you are running ELRSv2.bas.
Try increasing the size of ParameterOptions from 100 to 150 on line 11:
array byte ParameterOptions[150]

Mike
Hey Mike, I have the same prompt error, modified line 11 to ParameterOptions[150] but I still get the same error message. It happened having upgraded to 3.0.

I have HappyModel 2.4Ghz pro with 9XR pro.

Thanks for your help!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Please try ParameterOptions[200] on line 11. I think the 200 could be increased to 250, if necessary.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Scarofly

Post by Scarofly »

Working now, thank you so much, Mike!
ek123

X9-Lite + XJT-Lite can't bind to Rx's in ErskyTx

Post by ek123 »

Hello,
Maybe someone can help me out. I have an X9Lite and an XJT-Lite module. Using the most recent version of ErskyTx I noticed there is only an XJT module listed under external RF. If I choose that module then I cannot bind to any receiver I've tried except for an RX6R. I don't know why it only works for that Rx. The XJT-Lite module seems to have power when ErskyTx is the OS and when I choose 'Bind' the lights on the back of the module seem to flash correctly.
However, if I flash the most recent version of OpenTx to the Tx then in the external RF section I can choose either an XJT module or an XJT-Lite module. If I chose XJT-Lite there is no issue binding to any of the receivers I have including a variety of V, and D receivers, which bind in D8 mode It also binds to the RX6R Rx in D16 mode. If I choose XJT then no binding occurs for any receiver, even with the RX6R Rx.
I'm not sure what I am doing incorrectly, maybe someone can set me straight on this.
Regards,

Eusebio
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

What version number is reported in the erskyTx "version" menu?
I assume you mean you cannot choose a XJT-Lite module, but can select PPM, Multi etc.
Have you changed the Type to "D8" for the D8 protocol?

I'll check on my X9Lite.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
ek123

Post by ek123 »

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the quick reply.
The version number is: erx9d-r223

Under Protocol, once I turn on the External RF module I can cycle through PPM, XJT, DSM, Multi, Xfire, and ACCESS. No XJT-Lite appears. (Reread my OP and it was poorly worded, it read as if I only had XJT under External RF).

Yes, when I tried to bind I changed to D8 and I also jumpered 1-2 signal pins to put the D8 receivers in D8. I tried with and without the jumper. As I mentioned in the OP, I didn't have any issues when using OpenTx.

Eusebio
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Is your X9Lite the standard version or the S/Pro version?
I just did a test on my X9LiteS with an external XJT-Lite and was able to bind to a D8R-IIPlus and a X8R (running UNI firmware) with no problem. The (test) erskyTx firmware I'm running may have some changes related to the XJT-Lite. I'll check on my standard X9Lite, and can post a test version of erskyTx for you to test.

I believe I had a problem with the "Type" selection and sending the correct value to the module. Try binding to a D8 receiver with Type set to "LRP".

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
ek123

Post by ek123 »

Hi Mike,
I have a standard X9lite, no mods.
I chose LRP under XJT in Protocol and all my Frsky D and V receivers bound without issue. So I guess that was the problem.
As a note, the Tx with XJT-lite module would not bind to my Radiomaster r84 receivers, but the system wouldn't bind using OpenTx as the OS either. Some other issue I suppose. Interestingly, using an XJT JR module and PPM out on the X9lite there was no issue binding to the r84.
Thank you very much for your time.
Eusebio
ek123

Post by ek123 »

Mike,
Another topic. I would like to get an ELRS module for the X9lite. I presume it will work fine with ErskyTx as the OS.
Thank you again!
Eusebio
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Should work OK.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

CptanPanic wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:07 am So I found the newer version of script in official repo, and it does work correctly. https://github.com/ExpressLRS/ExpressLR ... c/ELRS.bas
Hi, will this script support elrs version 3.x.x?
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You could try the ELRSv2.bas, and add the change shown a few post back. This then appears to work with ELRS V3.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Hi, can anybody, post here a working script for elrs v3 to use with the 9xr pro, thx. Im not good with software editing. Thx in advance.
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
NoahWL

Post by NoahWL »

I am using R223 on my 9XR Pro and am loving it, thank you for all your work Mike. When viewing my BetaFlight BlackBox logs, I've noticed that my RC commands have significantly more "stairstepping" than I expect. I'm running ELRS at 500hz.
2023-03-11 13_24_41-Window.png
(151.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The horizontal resolution is 100ms/division. Looking at the purple line, you can see the received "Roll" command increases in steps every ~33ms. At a 500hz update rate I'd expect to see a change every 2ms.

I also tested P5r224 (thinking maybe I needed CRSFshot?) and the result was the same. The above graph is with ErSkyTX's ADC filtering set to "OSMP," but I tested the "SING" and "FILT" options as well and the results were identical. I found that strange as I expected "FILT" would introduce extra latency.

Is my venerable 9XR Pro just too slow to keep up with these fast modern update rates? Earlier in this thread Mike mentioned Xfire frames were sent every 4ms; are my results abnormal, or are the stick values just not updated every frame?

I did just install Jumper hall effect gimbals, so my next step is to scope those just to make sure they're not the problem.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

From the main screen, if you go UP LONG, then RIGHT to the STAT2 screen you can check the "Mixer Rate", it should show 500.
If it does, then I would suspect the gimbals. If they only update every 33mS, then the filter option won't have any effect as all filtering will happen within the 33mS.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
NoahWL

Post by NoahWL »

MikeB wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:45 am From the main screen, if you go UP LONG, then RIGHT to the STAT2 screen you can check the "Mixer Rate", it should show 500.
If it does, then I would suspect the gimbals. If they only update every 33mS, then the filter option won't have any effect as all filtering will happen within the 33mS.

Mike
Thanks for the reply, Mike. I checked the gimbals on the scope and I don't think they are the issue; the update rate appears to be 1000hz. Don't quote me on that, but it's definitely way faster than 33hz. The "Mixer Rate" indeed shows 500, whether I set the ELRS packet rate to 250hz to 500hz. Hmm... I was really expecting the 9XR Pro to be the problem, but maybe this is a BetaFlight issue or a problem with my ELRS module.

Edit: I had been using the live graph in Betaflight Configurator to quickly test changes but it appears that graph has its own "stutters" and is not as accurate as the BlackBox logs. Back on R223 and updated to BF 4.4 (was 4.3.1), I just tested and BB logged 250hz and 500hz packet rates. As it turns out, at 250hz the RC commands update at the proper rate! It is only at 500hz that I see the reduced 33ms rate, as the graph I posted shows. Here's a pic of the graph at 250hz:
2023-03-12 13_56_48-Window.png
(138.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I also tested at 150hz and the RC commands updated at the expected 6.66ms interval. Additionally, I tested 500hz at a reduced (2:1) logging rate and saw no improvement, so I don't think the issue is the FC being overloaded. I would like 500hz to work but after getting nowhere all day yesterday I am ecstatic just to see 250hz behave as expected.
Attachments
500hz RX_TIMING BB 2-1.TXT
(540.35 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
500hz RX_TIMING BB 1-1.TXT
(3.08 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
250hz RX_TIMING BB 2-1.TXT
(2.52 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
250hz RX_TIMING BB 1-1.TXT
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
150hz RX_TIMING BB 1-1.TXT
(1.66 MiB) Downloaded 72 times
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

There is probably a problem trying to run at 500Hz on the 'Pro, I think the timing I currently have doesn't support it and ends up defaulting to 32.768mS instead of 2mS.
I will have a look, but I don't have any Crossfire of ELRS hardware I can use to test any changes.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Here is a test version that might work at 500Hz on ELRS, then again it might not work properly at all as I haven't been able to test it!

Mike

Attachment removed as it didn't solve the problem.
erskyTx/er9x developer
NoahWL

Post by NoahWL »

MikeB wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:58 pm Here is a test version that might work at 500Hz on ELRS, then again it might not work properly at all as I haven't been able to test it!

Mike
Thank you Mike! I'll give that a try tonight. I have a HappyModel ES24TX Pro micro TX module and a HappyModel EP1 RX that I intended to return. Can I send them to you instead? I'd be happy to help further development, or even just as a thank you for your work.

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”