ERSKYTx (was ersky9x) Questions

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
Scott Page

Re: ERSKY9x Questions

Post by Scott Page »

SkyNorth wrote:Here is the Logo off the board ,
I cant find the larger one ..Brent
SKY9x_Logo.JPG
SKY9x_Logo.zip
I'll see what I can do. I need a break from writing the newsletter anyway.

Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

SkyNorth wrote:Here is the Logo off the board ,
I cant find the larger one ..Brent
SKY9x_Logo.JPG
SKY9x_Logo.zip
I'll see what I can do. I need a break from writing the newsletter anyway.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

sky9x cTN.jpg
Not an exact duplication -- but it's close. I can work on it more if you want. The attachment is a large jpg file. I did not load into illustrator.
Attachments
sky9x c.zip
(660.87 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
Last edited by Scott Page on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Kilrah wrote:
kaos wrote:I was wondering what happened to Leo. He is not here for a long time.
I read a post from him on RCGroups that he sold all his 9x stuff.
What? I can't believe it.. He was very active here.. Maybe something or someone P****d him off?
No, I just can't believe that.. :o
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
pmackenzie

Post by pmackenzie »

I looked for a post about selling his 9X stuff and could not find it, in fact last mention of 9X by him that search turned up was suggesting it to someone instead of a DX6i

He has not posted on RCG since Sept, but has been online since then. (This is starting to feel a little like cyber stalking him :o )

Just taking a break perhaps?

Pat MacKenzie

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I hope he is ok..

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

I uploaded the logo above to Zazzle for embroidery conversion because I wanted a nice shirt to represent this effort. The conversion for embroidery cost me $20. I'm not interested in selling products via zazzle to make money - -however if anybody wanted to utilize this embroidery it would be cheaper to use mine rather than pay for another image conversion. I make 10% off each item sold; this it the lowest allowed. Anyway, if anybody is interested in an embroidered shirt or jacket or whatever with this logo (white only) I am willing to post links for purchase IF Zazzle approves the embroidery conversion.
Capture.PNG
I'm not interested in profiteering from the work of others here, and I don't expect to earn any profit from this. I don't mind reducing my cost for the embroidery conversion however.
nsf

Post by nsf »

jhsa wrote:
Kilrah wrote:
kaos wrote:I was wondering what happened to Leo. He is not here for a long time.
I read a post from him on RCGroups that he sold all his 9x stuff.
What? I can't believe it.. He was very active here.. Maybe something or someone P****d him off?
No, I just can't believe that.. :o
He just posted here: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2417#p33926
sokolum

Post by sokolum »

I searched around but i can't find how to set the altitude relative to the current high for Frsky Vario (altitude meter). Now i readout 58 (+ 58 meters), but i want to set it to 0 when the plane is on ground level.
preston91

Post by preston91 »

go to the telemetry display and press menu button to zero the alt. reading
GTiDon

Post by GTiDon »

Here is a timelapse video of my installation of the ERSKY9x V3.0 Board

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3MoO2pu ... FQ&index=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3MoO2pu ... FQ&index=1
Er9X Flashed
Speaker Mod Done
Haptic Feedback Mod Done
Telemetry Mod Done with FRSky TTL Lite
Voice Mod Done with Emartee Board
HK Backlight Done
FRSky Telemetry DIY Module Installed
----All these mods removed and installed Sky 3.0 board with DJT Module.
GTiDon

Post by GTiDon »

My hardware installation went like a dream.. It really feels like a new radio and everything is so fast and smooth
But now with flashing I feel like a total noob. I went with Companion9x and struggled with missing samba till I found it etc. Still need to try again further.

What is the correct approach to finding the correct information here. I see the same questions asked over and over. I seem to be figuring out from scratch for myself how all this is done and waisting time becuase all the knowledge and know how is already here.. Any step by step guides? or links to Flashing the ERSKY9x Board from begining to end without steps like "flash with your favourite tool" ... If your a noob you dont have a favourite flash tool...

I prefer to stick to ERsky Firmware, but I really want to have a Vario function. Will this code be implemented soon into ERSKY9x?
Are their any complete sound packs? Everyone I tried so far is missing 80% of the sounds, so I went back to copying over my emartie sound pack.
Er9X Flashed
Speaker Mod Done
Haptic Feedback Mod Done
HK Backlight Done
GTiDon

Post by GTiDon »

My hardware installation went like a dream.. It really feels like a new radio and everything is so fast and smooth
But now with flashing I feel like a total noob. I went with Companion9x and struggled with missing samba till I found it etc. Still need to try again further.

What is the correct approach to finding the correct information here. I see the same questions asked over and over. I seem to be figuring out from scratch for myself how all this is done and waisting time becuase all the knowledge and know how is already here.. Any step by step guides? or links to Flashing the ERSKY9x Board from begining to end without steps lile "flash with a tool of your choice" ... If your a noob you dont have a flash tool of choice...

I prefer to stick to ERsky Firmware, but I really want to have a Vario function. Will this code be implemented soon into ERSKY9x?
Are their any complete sound packs? Everyone I tried so far is missing 80% of the sounds, so I went back to copying over my emartie sound pack.
Er9X Flashed
Speaker Mod Done
Haptic Feedback Mod Done
HK Backlight Done
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

What files are missing?? from which pack??

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2195&p=30081#p30081

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1290

Yeah, we're all waiting patiently for the vario ;) :D

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
GTiDon

Post by GTiDon »

Thanks that is a useful Sound Pack thread
I didnt find it because its not indicated that its for use with the Sky9x board, but they do work.

Any such useful threads showing how to get Companion / eepe to talk to my ersky9x?
The device is detected as "GPS Camera Detect (Com15)"
When the TX is in USB mode, is it powered by USB or the battery?
Er9X Flashed
Speaker Mod Done
Haptic Feedback Mod Done
HK Backlight Done
SkyNorth

Post by SkyNorth »

Rev 3 is always powered by the battery.
Rev B , either way
kaos

Post by kaos »

unfortunately, neither C9x or eepe is talking to ersky9x very well. There is no eepe for ersky9x now AFAIW. C9x can only backup partial ersky9x AFAIW (voice switches not backed up properly, and no simulation). you can only do a full backup for ersky9x via sam ba/c9X manually and you can't review your full backup via C9x.(unless c9x has updated in this area recently).
only open9x is fully functional (backup, simulation....) with c9X for SKY9X board. :cry:
that is why I am setting up my V.3 board for open9x.
I am running ersky9x on my V.B board but always felt incomplete.
GTiDon

Post by GTiDon »

I can connect with SAM-BA now no problem,
But C9X/eepe wont connect at all. It just hangs on the connect window and it stays blank, even if I did want to use Open9X
I did install the USB Driver and and point to the EXE location
Er9X Flashed
Speaker Mod Done
Haptic Feedback Mod Done
HK Backlight Done
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I appreciate the problems with backing up from ersky9x, I'm slowly getting to grips with a version of eepe to hanldle ersky9x. It's just one of several projects on the go at the same time. As soon as I get the EEPROM reading and writing and processing working I should be able to get the rest sorted. I'm just not sufficiently familiar with QTCreator and the structure of the program yet to make quick progress.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

GTiDon wrote:I can connect with SAM-BA now no problem,
But C9X/eepe wont connect at all. It just hangs on the connect window and it stays blank, even if I did want to use Open9X
Funny, I'm having the same issue?My netbook (xp) with samba 2.11 no patch and c9x connects ok. Another install on another XP computer I threw together connects to samba but c9x hangs?
My paths are ok and basically the same on both computers. Same drive # and paths. I see the sd card ok. All drivers loaded and c9x told what port to use.
I've even copied and pasted the folders from the working system with no luck.
Very strange. I must be missing something but what, like you it's a work in progress. Fortunately my netbook works so I know my board and cables are good.
I've only used Skyer9x as a profile. Maybe I'll try telling c9x it's open9x?
A computer failure during all this held up further testing but I've got that fixed today so I'll get back to it tonight.
Sorry I'm of no help, just commenting.
SM

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.
Please add a location to your profile. Thank You
GTiDon

Post by GTiDon »

ShowMaster wrote: I've only used Skyer9x as a profile. Maybe I'll try telling c9x it's open9x?

I already tried that too. The logical connection seems to hang before any data is even read.

Another question.. I see bluetooth also uses 2.4ghz, can using it lower your RC range? I am using the radio for FPV too.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
Er9X Flashed
Speaker Mod Done
Haptic Feedback Mod Done
HK Backlight Done
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

Edit: Nevermind. I pulled the card and formatted it with windows, then inserted it back in the radio and tried again. This time mass storage worked and I was able to copy my voice files back to the card while in the radio.

I had some time to update my ersky board today and I am having trouble getting the mass storage to work. If I understand it correctly I should turn on the radio then wait at least 10 seconds then plug the USB cord into the radio and computer. Then wait for the drive to be detected in Windows. I am on r130

If I look in the device manager and I do see an ATMEL Mass Storage MSD USB Device in the disk drive list but there is no corresponding disk in the disk management window. I know this card works ok as I had voice files loaded to it before and voice was working.
kaos

Post by kaos »

ersky9x r130, it does work. but take a long time for the drive to come up.
Turn on tx, wait for 10 sec, plug in USB , you will hear usb connected right away and win shows device, but from here, it takes a long time for the actual drive to appear. I think it has something to do with indexing of the drive. But wait long enough, the drive will show up. I would say in the range of 1-2 min. I can't explain why. But it will show up. once it shows up, all file operation is fine. I am using win7 ultimate 64 and a 16G micro SD.
kaos

Post by kaos »

GTiDon wrote:I can connect with SAM-BA now no problem,
eepe is not working at all with ersky9x at the moment.
c9x you have to set the 'property/preference' to ersky9x for it to connect and upload FW for ersky9x, do back up (98%, except the voice switches).
use samba itself or through c9x samba to do full back up/restore (but remember the voice switches may be lost during the process). Using the manual backup with samba, you can do a complete backup, you just can't see it on the PC. I have tested that, samba can do a complete and correct backup. you just have to trust it without seeing it on the PC.

As Mike just posted, he is working on the eepe for ersky9x. I think with all the stock 9x board upgrades are almost done. we may see the eepe for ersky9x within foreseeable future. ;)

But just from my 2 cents. I think the stock 9x board has reached its full potential (when the new sound board finished). It is time to unlock the power of SKY9x board with ERSKY9x. ;)
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

kaos wrote:
GTiDon wrote: I think the stock 9x board has reached its full potential (when the new sound board finished). It is time to unlock the power of SKY9x board with ERSKY9x. ;)
I have to agree. Obviously what I think isn't worth a heck of alot, but if this party is going to continue forward I think the stock board should always be supported if bugs are found -- but since sky9x and Frsky Tx's are/will be using the ARM processors, more eeprom, sound support, -- it may be time to leave further development of the amtel 64 platform to Hobby King.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Or... You follow the open9x model, where you continue development by using one source code tree, then make the user choose what options they want included in 'their' radio. :)

Honesty... What are the chances of HK continuing the development? None! There is no money in spending time developing it - so no real reason for them to do more than bug fixing!
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Scott Page wrote:
kaos wrote:
GTiDon wrote: I think the stock 9x board has reached its full potential (when the new sound board finished). It is time to unlock the power of SKY9x board with ERSKY9x. ;)
I have to agree. Obviously what I think isn't worth a heck of alot, but if this party is going to continue forward I think the stock board should always be supported if bugs are found -- but since sky9x and Frsky Tx's are/will be using the ARM processors, more eeprom, sound support, -- it may be time to leave further development of the amtel 64 platform to Hobby King.
What? You guys must be joking.. :twisted: :evil:
Did you lose your mind?? These are the most selfish comments I've read on this forum till today..
The stock board should be supported only for fixing bugs?? :evil:
Leave further development of the stock board to HobbyKing?? :evil:
Why do you think that only because you guys have the skyboard the other should not be developed anymore?
What makes you so special over all the other hundreds or even thousands of people that have the modded 9x stock board??
And developed by hobbyking? If I was Erazz and Mike I would take that as an offense after all the work they had on it.

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The stock board still has room for enhancement. We have recently got the TelemetrEZ board that has the potential for adding extra EEPROM. Then we have the new design voice board the should add a SD card. Then there are those swapping the M64 for a M128.
Put those 3 together and there's plenty to do.

Apparantly there have been at least 2500 SmartieParts boards sold, that's many stock users, I think Brent has only done around 200 SKY boards.
So there are plenty of people with stock systems who would like better things still.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Thank you

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

kaos wrote::o What! Hope he is getting 'better' tx instead of financial constrain. Best wishes for him.

Hey, yes, big financial issues. Wife no longer works because of her EDS. (look it up, degenerative disease, no cure, anywho) So it's only my income, and it's not easy.

I'm in and out, will help when I can, there are a lot of other talent out there , not bad talent, good enough to get the job done *evil grin*

Yes, sold most of my rc stuff, 80 planes, down to 5. No more Helicopters, not selling any of my quads, so I have more of those than planes now.

From 5 tgy xmitters down to 1.

If you want a non embroidered shirt, I'll make that available online. :mrgreen:

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”