ERSKYTx (was ersky9x) Questions

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
kaos

Re: ERSKY9x Questions

Post by kaos »

No hurry Mike. i know you are busy. As it is , it already got enough correct info to fly. just when you have time to get to it.
this is going to be a killer program/TX when the minor things get ironed out. great job!

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

MikeB wrote:
ShowMaster wrote:I have however damaged one DJT module by plugging it into a unmodified 9x. Any ideas on a safe value I can use to replace the wire jumper?
Surprising it blew! The two signals are RS232 and they should withstand a continuous short to ground or +/-12V. The signal without the resistor is the Tx (output signal) from the module and is wired to the pin that was the 35/72MHz aerial.
What is damaged on the DJT?

I think you could add anything from 1K to 4K7 if you want to.

Mike.
I still have the module untouched since I replaced it last year and never looked back. I'll plug it in and see what's going on. Not having a schematic of the DJT tx, rx input circuit I assumed it didn't want the DJT TXD to be shorted to ground.
A new modified the same way module did work again in my modified 9x.
I'll trace the TXD to see what it's going to in the DJT unless someone has that circuit info already.
I'm now embarrassed because I can't remember if it killed the module or just the rs232 portion? Sorry for that. I'll report back the full details first chance I have to work on it.

ShowMaster
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
PNaz

Post by PNaz »

Mike

I am using it in meters. I am currently flying Ales glider events so I am checking for the motor cutout at 200 meters.

Paul
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

I do much the same thing in open9x :-)

Works great for either 'telling' you you are too high, or mixing it in with a custom switch to prevent the throttle working if you are over 200m.
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Pnaz: So you have changed the WSHH to report in metres. I'll look into using the metric/imperial option to change the 'units' voiced.

Just released a new revision of ersky9x.bin, fixes some of the points recently raised.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

PNaz

Post by PNaz »

Mike

I didn't have to change the WSHH to metric. Winged Shadow converts the How High to the standard of the country they ship to. Canada is metric so they sent it converted to metres.

Paul
kaos

Post by kaos »

load ersky r105. voice file is from a combined wav files from Jhsa and Playmobil including latest wav file from 0400-0499.
custom display of telemetry and most voice stuff corrected.
Mike, here is a few things for your next revision:
Attachments
rpm are displayed correctly in both screens,  but voice only read the last 2 digit, in this case it spks 'seventy' and no unit like 'rpm'.<br />in the pic its different because my light is flickering.  ;)
rpm are displayed correctly in both screens, but voice only read the last 2 digit, in this case it spks 'seventy' and no unit like 'rpm'.
in the pic its different because my light is flickering. ;)
A2 without sensor still display a ?? number , should be none or 0.  voice does say the incorrect display numbers correctly with 'volts' though
A2 without sensor still display a ?? number , should be none or 0. voice does say the incorrect display numbers correctly with 'volts' though
cvlt is correctly displayed now, but voice read it as 3 hundred eighty four instead of 3.84, and no 'volt' voice
cvlt is correctly displayed now, but voice read it as 3 hundred eighty four instead of 3.84, and no 'volt' voice
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Voice output does not currently handle values over 999 or with 2 decimal places.

If you have nothing plugged into A2 on the receiver it still sends a 'random' reading. Either connect the A2 input to 0V, or set the ratio for A2 to 0 in the telemetry menu.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kaos

Post by kaos »

thx, got it.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'm looking into the >999 (thousands) and 2 decimal places. We will need to use voice files 0111-0119 (1 thousand to 9 thousand) and may need more (120 to 129) to handle 10 thousand to 19 thousand for RPM.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kaos

Post by kaos »

that would be great! the cvlt is important. but I would say the rpm could be on the bottom of the list. since rpm is not a critical info. I want rpm info basically to check prop or heli head spd for tune up. you got so much on the list now. ;)

to me, access SD file from Tx to load different models to eeprom and backup model setting to SD, access SD through USB is on my top of the list. :) with these done, a 200.00 Tx will beat a 1500 Tx to dirt. :mrgreen:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Will do the sound files tonight ;) :mrgreen:

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
kaos

Post by kaos »

another interesting finding about cvlt with Frysky sensor hub using FLVS-01.
1st, the ctot comes on very slowly, the cvlt shows up on custom display immediately once system is hooked up, but vtot takes about a few minutes before turning from 0.0 to correct voltage. but the other display showing all 3 cell voltage show up all 3 individual cell voltage instantly like cvlt.
now, if i turn the throttle on (hooked up with a motor without blade), both ctot and cvlt lowers as they should while power is applied. once the power stops, ctot will return to a higher level as it should and match the FLVS-01 display screen. but cvlt will stuck at the lowest number when power is applied while the FLVS-01 display shows the lowest cell voltage already backed up as it should. The other display showing individual cell voltage all return to correct voltage without problem. I have to use 'exit long' to reset the cvlt to correct numbers again. Is this supposed to be this way?

Any one experience the same thing?
if you think it is necessary I will make vid to show this tomorrow. let me know.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes Cvlt shows the lowest voltage of the lowest cell seen, even if it rises again. It was done this way as the cell values are sent one at a time. Since I added the total voltage based on the individual cell voltages I may be able to change this. However, if you have an alarm set or a cell voltage becoming too low, maybe we want it as it is so the alarm keeps sounding meanig land as soon as possible. I'll see if it can be improved.

Ctot takes several minutes to become valid? It might be a few seconds but minutes? I can't see why this is happening.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kaos

Post by kaos »

yep, the ctot is a strange thing. I tried several times, each is different, ranging from < 20-30 sec(less in this range) to 4-5 min, once it took 10 min to show up. but the other screen shows individual cell voltage is always instant. so is A2 with a sensor. FLVS-100 has a screen display, I was checking the ctot and cvlt simultaneously with it. may be it is a Frysky sensor problem. not sure. burt once the Ctot shows up, it has no problem keep up with the voltage change. Just the initial showing.
My thought about cvlt is : it should be programed with a switch and depends on the time it stays below warning level, different warning can be programmed. If it stays below preset level the waning will keep coming and tell you to land 'NOW' (either cvlt or ctot) but if it back up to 'safe' level with lower power consumption, that tell you should land or bring the plane back quick. but on display I think it should come up with the actual real time numbers.
kaos

Post by kaos »

At this time, is there a way to program the voice says : receiver x.xx volt, flight pack x.xx volt ?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

MikeB wrote:Yes Cvlt shows the lowest voltage of the lowest cell seen, even if it rises again. It was done this way as the cell values are sent one at a time. Since I added the total voltage based on the individual cell voltages I may be able to change this. However, if you have an alarm set or a cell voltage becoming too low, maybe we want it as it is so the alarm keeps sounding meanig land as soon as possible.
I fly my hexacopter with an alarm on the lowest cell, and on open9x the lowest cell voltage does not store the minimum ever, but shows the real time value. I actually prefer that, as it will first sound intermittently for some time as a warning before sounding continuously, where it's really time to land.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Here is the code for that:

Code: Select all

frskyData.hub.cellVolts[battnumber] = cellVolts;
if (!frskyData.hub.minCellVolts || cellVolts < frskyData.hub.minCellVolts || battnumber==frskyData.hub.minCellIdx) {
  frskyData.hub.minCellIdx = battnumber;
  frskyData.hub.minCellVolts = cellVolts;
}
Bertrand.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

yeah, it makes sense that way.. we might do a full power climb and the voltage might reach the threshold.. then we don't have an alarm sounding the rest of the flight.. If it sounds once we already know that we should avoid full power...

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
kaos

Post by kaos »

yep, that's what I mentioned right before Kilrah's post too.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Should be in the nex revision (er9x/ersky9x). But you'll have to test it, I don't have the sensor. There may be a problem as it will be in the same code now as the total battery voltage, and that seems to have a problem.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kaos

Post by kaos »

Will be glad to do that. Besides the gps, triaxial acceleration sensor I don't have. But I should get the triaxial acceleration sensor next wk or so.
I am not going to let these sensors go on the plane until I know exactly what their behavior is. ;)
kaos

Post by kaos »

i have noticed my Tx batt has lasted a lot less than my er9x with stock board. same HK 1500 mah 3S LiFe. does ERSKY9x board takes a lot more than the stock board?
SkyNorth

Post by SkyNorth »

Audio on full volume , draws twice as much as the ARM chip.
Without audio , things are about the same 65mA.
1/2 watt output at 5V is at least 100mA + 50%
This is why I moved it off the 3.3V regulator , so that the audio volume
did not effect the 3.3V regulator heat dissipation
-Brent
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

On ersky9x, LONG UP takes you to the BATTERY screen. Here you can see the battery voltage, current and mAH used. Pressing MENU LONG will zero the mAH value. The mAh value is saved in the EEPROM so you can zero it immediately after chargingn the battery, then see how much you have used.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kaos

Post by kaos »

Skynorth:
thx. that makes sense. I was playing /testing audio all the time with ersky9x. now I don't need to worry about a potential bad Tx LiFe. It is brand new. During fly, not much audio would come on -I hope ;).

Mike: I was wonder what those number exactly mean. now I know. thx.
fcolon76

ERSKY9x Questions

Post by fcolon76 »

Could someone please tell me if I would be able to add a on/off switch to the hk back light with a ersky9x board installed? And If so how would I be able to accomplish this? I have some experience with soldering,maybe a pic on how to do it. :?
kaos

Post by kaos »

you can program the light with a switch by programming and use any switch (including custom switch) to do it. unless you just want to have another physical switch for that.
under Tx setup 1/9 (scroll down to next page), 'light switch'

for additional physical switch, I think you can just add a switch between either + or - wire to the HK light.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

kaos wrote:At this time, is there a way to program the voice says : receiver x.xx volt, flight pack x.xx volt ?
The voice(safety) switches are processed in increasing sequence (9 before 10, 10 before 11 etc.). So if you set up two adjacent switches like:

VS13 SWB ON 31
VS14 SWB Varibl Batt

Then when SWB turns on you should get "Battery" (from VS13), followed by the battery voltage (from VS14).
While this may use up more switches, it is very flexible, much more that I can easily code in the firmware.

For ersky9x, I have plans to increase the number of switches etc. This needs a significant change in the EEPROM structure so I want to get it right the first time.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

aheemmm.. ;) :lol:
did I read well, increase switches on the stock board?? nice..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”