ERSKYTx (was ersky9x) Questions

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
ReSt

Re: ERSKY9x Questions

Post by ReSt »

I have a DS3231 Time module installed (in late january this year) into the TGY9x with an AR9x board running ErSky9x v218 and I'm not aware that I readjusted the time up to now.
It's now around 20 seconds off from the exact time (but I don't know, how precise i did set it up)

Reinhard

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

He has a 9XR-PRO radio I guess, and this radio can adjust the speed of the RTC.
The Ar9x board does not adjust the DS3231 speed.. It doesn't need to actually.As you know it is very accurate ;)

João

EDIT: I set my Ar9x time a few months ago and I just checked, it is only 3 seconds fast :D
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Bgpursuit

Post by Bgpursuit »

Hi all,

I've recently installed an AR9x board. I thought there was an option in erSky9x, when using PXX protocol, to choose between 8 and 16 channels...but I cannot find this option.

Can someone confirm if this option is available in erSky9x? I know Mike recently added it to test versions of er9x. Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Bgpursuit

Post by Bgpursuit »

My apologies...ignore my last question. The option is available in the r219.
Daedalus66

ERSKY9x Questions

Post by Daedalus66 »

I had been using ERSky9x version R218 (Jan 8, 2016) in my original Taranis (not Plus). No problems.

I decided to upgrade to R220 and began by downloading the file (x9d_rom.bin) from ER9X.com and copying it to the firmware folder on the SD card.

I then inserted the card, entered Maintenance mode (trims out) and updated the Boot Loader to V2.1.

The problem is that when I go to update the firmware to R220 (trims in) the update screen , which shows V2.1 ready, is frozen. I can't move the cursor at all.

R218 is still loaded and works fine.

Suggestions please.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I just double checked on a Taranis (not plus) and it worked OK for me. I copied the firmware file to the SD card (I used the bootloader and plugged the USB in to do the copy.
I then used maintenance mode and updated the bootloader to 2.1, restarted in bootlaoder mode and the - and + buttons move the highlight up and down correctly. I was then able to use the ENTER button to flash r220.
This was done on my prototype X9D that I hadn't updated to r220, or to bootloader 2.1, previously. I had tested on a production X9D before.

When in the bootloader, if you toggle SH on and off, do you get the text "SD Card off" appear flashing on the second line?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Hi Mike
I do get "SD Card off" when I toggle SH.

I have now tried flashing the boot loader back to V1.7 and V1.9 but it doesn't make any difference. The boot loader screen does nothing -- the cursor doesn't move. It was working in 1.7 before I flashed 2.1 but no longer.

Nigel
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Any other buttons work? EXIT long should reboot, ENTER should ask to flash the currently selected file (then EXIT to avoid flashing when not required).
Also, if you boot normally, go to the DIAGSWTCH screen and check all buttons work there and no trim is stuck on.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Daedalus66

ERSKY9x Questions

Post by Daedalus66 »

Everything seems OK during normal operation. All switches and buttons check out.

However, in Boot Loader mode, it turns out the buttons work but have changed places. Menu is now UP, Right is now DOWN, X is now MENU, and Down is now EXIT. Don't know the what the other two do.

Once I figured this out, I was able to flash to R220 and the Tx works properly. But when I go back to Boot Loader mode, the buttons are still confused.

By the way, I should have started a new thread for this. Sorry.

EDIT Buttons work normally in Maintenance mode.
Last edited by Daedalus66 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daedalus66

ERSKY9x Questions

Post by Daedalus66 »

Oops. For the update to R220 I used Boot Loader v1.7. That's where the buttons were mixed up. Now I've gone to V2.1 and the buttons don't work at all.

EDIT
Checked further. Buttons don't work in V1.9, are mixed up in V1.7.

No rush to sort this out as I'm on R220 and can do what I need.
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

Could the difference be between the openTX button layout and erSky9x button layout ?

Bob B.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).
Daedalus66

ERSKY9x Questions

Post by Daedalus66 »

What's puzzling is that everything had been normal for months until I updated to Boot Loader V2.1. You would think that if the problem were one of wrong button layout in the new version, then reverting to V1.7 would solve it. But it doesn't.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Is your SH switch standard or have you changed it in any way?
I can reproduce the problem if I power on holding the SH switch towards me (against the spring) and keep it held on. It blocks all the buttons from working.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

I swapped the momentary switch to the SF position, so SH is two position toggle. I can't remember how I wired it but will check a little later and if necessary return everything to standard configuration.

Thanks for the help.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I think you have found the problem Nigel :)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

So try using the bootloader with the SH switch in the 'other' position.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Daedalus66

ERSKY9x Questions

Post by Daedalus66 »

I did that, and even went in and swapped the SF and SH switches back to the original configuration.

Nothing made any difference. I've still got the buttons working as described above when in boot loader mode. All is normal in other modes.

Now that I know how the buttons work it's no problem to flash new firmware, but it would be satisfying to figure out what's going on.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

So you still have:
No buttons working in bootloader 2.1 but SH toggles the SD card on and off.
Buttons work in bootloader 1.7 but are not the 'correct' function.
What firmware file are you flashing 1.7 from?
I tried 1.7 and the buttons worked correctly.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Daedalus66

ERSKY9x Questions

Post by Daedalus66 »

Not quite. Now it works the same in v1.7, v1.9 and v2.1 -- that is, in Boot Loader mode only, the button configuration is as described earlier: Menu is UP, Right is Down, X is Enter and Down is Exit. Up and Left don't seem to do anything.

I've flashed the boot loader at different times from several different firmware files with different versions and all act the same way. Earlier I thought the buttons weren't working at all when I flashed from R220 but I now think that was because I didn't understand that they had changed configuration.

I now have the momentary (Trn) switch on SH (right side). SF (left) is two position toggle. When looking at DiagSwch all arrows point UP except SF.

I think I may have SF rotated 180 degrees, but I've tried booting with both settings of SF and holding SH and no difference.

I am going to explore the switch setup further. Will get back to you later.
Daedalus66

ERSKY9x Questions

Post by Daedalus66 »

Fixed the switch arrangement and checked everything thoroughly. Reflashed Boot Loader and R220. Nothing changed.

The good news is that other than the funny button configuration in Boot Loader mode everything works properly. I can live with that.
mrozilla

Post by mrozilla »

Where to put the file Helptel.txt
KAL

Post by KAL »

To the root you have to put it ...
( TH9X / 9XTreme / FrSky DHT / Spektrum / Multi / RotEnc )
( 9XR PRO / erSKY9x  / FrSky DHT / Spektrum / Multi / RotEnc / P3 as Slider )
mrozilla

Post by mrozilla »

I threw it in the main folder in the Turnigy and nowhere I can not find the file, it is neither a "Help" or "Note". In that case, what is this file?
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

When you edit for example a mix, highlight the source field as if you want to select one. Now LONG PRESS the MENU key.
It will open another window where you can navigate through all sources.
If you look at the bottom of that screen, it will display some information about the highlighted source. That is what helptel.txt does.
You get this selection mode in other places as well, like the logical switches, etc.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
playlet

Post by playlet »

Hi, guys!

I need your help with one thing. I want to setup 2 alarms based on FasV reading from frsky telemetry. I often use both 3S and 4S batteries on my wizard x220 making me switch voltage values in logic switches and voice alarms all the time.

Is there a way to setup universal logic switch which would detect if I'm using 3S or 4S battery (based on FasV) and then apply either first set of alarms for 3S battery or second for 4S battery?

Example: 3S: I use ">10.8V and <10.6V" as first warning and "<10.5V" for critical alarm.
Example: 4S: I use ">14.2V and <14.4V" as first warning and "<14.1V" for critical alarm.

Thanks! :)
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You could set up a logical switch that tests the FasV voltage, and if > 12.6V uses the 4S tests.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
playlet

Post by playlet »

That pushes me in the right direction, thanks!

I'll setup a range of fasv voltage which will turn on other logic switches. I can't imagine why I even got stuck here :)

Thanks, Mike!!! :)
elral

Post by elral »

Hello all,
I am using a ARuni Board with ersky9x and a Multiplex M-Link Module. Additionaly I am using a M-Link telemetry Frsky converter, coming from a german project. In generall this works very well. I have configured an oXs sensor to send current, 3 cell LiPo voltages and one additional voltage. On my Profi TX all of them are displayed, one current and 4 times voltage. 4 times voltage as M-Link does not know the "name" cell1/2 ...
On ersky9x the telemetry data from current (Amps) and from one voltage (FASV) is shown. The first voltage coming from the converter is converted in 0x39 (FASV). The other voltages are converted to the frsky ID's 0x3y, where y is the M-Link MSB adress. In may case it is 0x35, 0x36 and 0x37.
Is there an option in ersky9x where telemetry data can be shown which not have a name but only an ID? If this is the case, can the ID be renamed? It seens that there is such a functionality in openTX which the users in the german forum uses.

Thanks and regards

Ralf
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

At the moment, those IDs will be ignored as they are not 'standard'. Ersky9x can use Scalers to handle non-standard values on known IDs, scaling them to the correct values and giving them a name for display. If these values could be mapped to the ACCX/Y/Z IDs (0x24, 0x25 and 0x26, then you could handle them immediately.
I'll note the requirement to handle unknown IDs and see if I can add something to handle them although I'm not sure when I'll have time.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
playlet

Post by playlet »

Hi!
Just one question here: why can't FasV on ersky9xr logical switches be odd number? Decimal odd number. Thanks

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”