Status of erskyTX support for Taranis Q X7 ACCESS radio

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
Speedy

Re: Status of erskyTX support for Taranis Q X7 ACCESS radio

Post by Speedy »

Well, Happy New Year!

I've enclosed a pic of what the Receiver Options screen looks like, as well as the log file. There is about 10 seconds of log at 1 per sec.
Attachments
MODEL01-2020-12-31-192501.zip
Log files
(533 Bytes) Downloaded 254 times
RXSR Options.jpg
Rx options screen
(231.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Hmm, as I play more with it, I'm noticing that there are times when it looses telemetry in ACCESS mode. I've managed to catch some of those occurrences in the attached log file. It's set for 0.5 s sampling. I have not seen the same issue in ACCST/D16 mode.

MODEL01-2020-12-31-204355.zip
Logs from telemetry losses
(1.23 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted a new test version of erskyTx (for all radios) that includes the X7ACCESS firmware. This includes a possible fix for the telemetry losses.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

I just tested that version and the telemetry losses are still occurring. Sometimes it can go for a while with no loss, and then when it occurs, it can occur rapidly, one after another, with or without servo movements.

Logs from recent losses:
MODEL01-2021-01-03-135649.zip
(768 Bytes) Downloaded 270 times
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

New version posted (for the X7ACCESS), I think I found the problem!

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

Speedy

Post by Speedy »

I think you did find the problem! After an hour or so, have not seen any losses yet.
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

I received my multi-module today and it appears to work fine in the Q X7. I only tested D8 and D16 mode and some obscure protocol but it all seemed to work ok.

I believe I have enough of a working version to start integrating the radio into my models. The only outstanding things I can think of is support for the R9M 2019 ACCESS module, and that strange screen for the ACCESS Receiver Options. Also, not all the receiver options are present, but I guess that's where scripting comes in. I'll have to look into it...
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Is the Receiver Options screen still "garbled"? I wondered if the last change to fix the telemetry may have fixed that as the data is sent to the Tx using the same protocol as the telemetry.
I've just added the telemetry power and the SPort/FPort options to the ACCESS Rx options in the source code.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Yes, the Receiver Options screen is still garbled, with some overwritten characters. The characters change when you scroll through the lines, but they always go back to invalid numbers.

Also, on the Internal Protocol Options screen, it shows the Power as -1. I don't know if that is supposed to be the default value, but it appears to be working properly.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Very odd the display is garbled, neither of my two ACCESS radios do that.
Please generate a new (raw) logfile:
1. Enable raw logging.
2. Turn logging on.
3. Call up the receiver options screen, then exit it, then call it up again, then exit it.
4. Now call up the Internal Protocol Options, exit, call it up again and exit again.
5. Wait at least 10 seconds to ensure the required log data has been written to the file (raw data is only written every 256 bytes logged).
6. Turn logging off.
Locate the file, zip it up and post it please.

If that looks all OK, I'll add some debug to try to see what is happening.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

As I was taking the logs, I noticed that the receiver options screen was showing slightly different data from before. I attributed this to the fact that I was experimenting with a homemade S-Port sensor, so the telemetry data was different. When this sensor was removed, I then saw the same display as before. So, I've enclosed both logs. The 9:52 file only has the standard receiver telemetry. The 9:54 file only has extra telemetry data from my S-Port sensor.

On a side note, why does the receiver options screen have pin mappings anyway. Is it only for receivers with PWM pins? Should it even be there for an SBUS only receivers?

Logs.zip
Two log files, with and without extra telemetry data. 9:54 file has the extra telemetry data.
(5.9 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Speedy wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:10 pm On a side note, why does the receiver options screen have pin mappings anyway. Is it only for receivers with PWM pins? Should it even be there for an SBUS only receivers?
Probably not, and from the log files I can see it isn't sending the channel mapping data. I've done a change to make the display stable, I'll need to do more to remove the channel mapping items when they are not needed. Currently, if they are not sent, you can't edit them.
I've also added in some more options the Rx may send.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Ok, the latest version has the extra options and the channel mapping is steady and locked, but it begs the question on how you manage options between all the different receivers. I see you have a Ch5/6 Sbus/port option as well, which I presume is mapping Sbus onto PWM pins on receivers that have it. Do you have or plan to have context relevant receiver screens based on the model?

Same thing goes for the Protocol Options screen. Power now shows 0 and can go up to 30. Does that work for the Internal ACCESS module? I don't see it in the Opentx screens, unless it's handled somewhere else.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I think it power option is handled somewhere in openTx, I found the code a couple of days ago!
Having got the "latest" ACCESS protocol spec. a couple of days ago, I should be able to get "capabilities" from the receiver, I'll need to get that first, then display the receiver options that are available. The channel mapping is not one of the listed capabilities, so that will depend on whether the receiver actually sends them.

I'll give the power option a test later today.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”