ERSky Voice Files

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
kaos

Re: ERSky Voice Files

Post by kaos »

there is a timer can be set in the set up menu (i think, or some menu). if sticks are not moved after the set time, it will announce 'inactivity'. by moving any of the 2 sticks it will stop and restart the timer again.
that tells me you are playing with voice switches all the time without touching the sticks. Ask me how I know that. :lol:

Mutchy

Post by Mutchy »

Thanks kaos.
Yes, you are correct about playing with the switches. I have heard the "YOU FORGOT ME" message too and that is frightening when you hear it the first time! It is very very effective.

I have a bug to report, I think.
I have set my Tx to announce the receiver battery voltage at A1 and the pack voltage (10s LiPo) at A2. The A2 voltage typically around 42 Volts is announced correctly. The A1 voltage is announced as being ten times the actual voltage. Ie 5.22 volts is announced at being 52.2 Volts. Also a voltage of 4.xx volts is announced as 40.x Volts.

I note that the numerals 1 through to 5 are 0001.wav through to 0005.wav and that they are duplicated by 0401.wav to 0405.wav. Is file 0455 being used instead of either 0405.wav or 0005.wav? Are files 0451.wav through to 0455.wav being used instead of either of the alternatives previously mentioned?

Mutchy
kaos

Post by kaos »

Hmm, my A1 and A2 was reporting correctly for A1 at 5-5.5 volt, and A2 at 3S correctly which corresponds correctly to voltage sensor from the hub too. don't know about 10S , my biggest lipo is 4S. ;)
Ah, you need to set the divider correctly. 2 wks on the trip, almost forget about this. ;)

as for 0001~0005 WAV FILE, I know at one time 0001-0010 was used for 1-10 but with decimal number implemented, the 0006-0010 was used for decimals. but left the 0001-0005 untouched and duplicated in 401-405. My guess is 0001-0005 is no longer used, but Jhsa/Mike can answer more accurately on this. I forgot to find out. :oops: rename 0001 to xxx and see if you still have 'one' announced. My guess is yes.
Mutchy

Post by Mutchy »

You make some good points. I will do some substitutions tomorrow and see which .wav files are being used.

The divider is set correctly because the screen display matches my multimeter reading from the Rx Voltage Regulator. The screen displays 5.50 volts as shown in the picture below but is announced as 55.0 Volts.

Mutchy
Attachments
P1010053.JPG
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

0001 through 0005 are still used by the timer count down function, hard coded so they didn't move when 0401-0405 were added. I may be able to chnage this now though, after some other changes that have been made.

I'll see if I can look into the A1 voice 'bug'. As a test, could you change the A2 scaling to use v instead of V (reading will be halved), to see if this is affecting the A1 voice.

Thanks.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Mutchy

Post by Mutchy »

I changed the scaling from V to v for the 40.2 V main pack voltage. The A1 channel for the Rx voltage still announced the voltage multiplied by 10.

I took a new D8R - II plus Rx with the A1 shorting plug installed for Rx Voltage telemetry using the inbuilt circuit. ie new Rx and no hub connected. The announcement of Rx voltage was correct :) :)

It looks like the problem lies with the hub which tells the Rx what voltage to transmit to the Tx or possibly the Rx itself. More tests tomorrow. It's bedtime.

Sorry to have inconvenienced you.
Steve
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

very strange problem :o
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Are the dividers the same in both cases?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kaos

Post by kaos »

Which version we are talking about? Cause I know in R122 the A1,A2 were announced correctly (up to 4S). Could this be introduced in r127/8? (just got back from a trip , have not loaded the r127/8 yet).
I sort of remember there is something similar to this way back when voice is just introduced. I wonder if that part of code was copied into this new version.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

There is some code in that automatically switches the displayed value from 1 decimal place to 2 decimal places under certain conditions of scale factor and value. It is likely that this is not handled in the voice. The hint to me is in the display above where the A1 voltage is displayed as 5.50v not just 5.5v. This is why I'd like to know the divider used and the scale factor setting.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Mutchy

Post by Mutchy »

The scale factor for the Rx voltage is 11.5 v. The source of the voltage information in the original configuration is a FrSky FSH-01 telemetry hub. The scale factor for the 10s pack divider is 45.0 and the ratio of the divider is 2.98/40.2 = 0.074. The voltage divider is merely three 1 Watt resistors on a piece of Veroboard. I am using ErSky version R122 V1375 Mike Mod Rev B 17-10-2012.

This problem is associated with another, here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2255&p=31108#p31108 where the voltage displayed for the Rx is drifting up to 2 to 3 volts and jumps by nearly double when the main pack is plugged in and subsequently displayed. So I have been doing lots of experiments with another receiver and different circuits for powering the Rx. NB The 10s pack voltage is rock steady with no drift and is announced perfectly.

Whilst I was changing bits and pieces, one at a time searching for the source of the drift, the voltage displayed went over 6 Volts whereupon the announcement was correct! So I adjusted the divider down and the displayed voltage went under 6 Volts and the announcement went back to being out by 10 times. Original Rx and original circuit.

I changed the Rx to a DR8-II PLUS (replacing the original DR8-II) which has the feature that a shorting jumper across the A1 to x pins forces the Rx internal voltage circuit to supply the telemetry data in preference to the FSH-01 telemetry hub. When the shorting jumper is in place on the new DR8-PLUS Rx,the announcement is correct for voltages in the 4 to 5 Volts range (and there is no drift in Rx voltage and no jump when the main pack is connected so the source of the drift appears to be the FSH-01 hub) When the jumper is removed the voltage display drifts 2 to 3 Volts and the announcement is incorrect by x 10.

To confirm that the data from the hub is the source of the problem I connected the hub to another model's D8R-II Rx and had the telemetry announced. The announcement of voltages below 6 Volts was x 10. (I connected the main pack voltage divider and the main pack. The Rx display jumped by about 2 times and drifted about 2 Volts over 5 minutes.)

I conclude that the FSH-01 hub telemetry data (RS232 serial protocol?) when used with a D8R-II Receiver results in voltage in A1 less than 6 Volts being announced at 10 times the displayed value. The drift and jump does not happen with the jumper across A1 to x on a D8R-II PLUS Receiver but when the jumper is removed the announcement below 6 Volts is out by 10 times and the display drifts.

I hope that helps.
Steve
kaos

Post by kaos »

I am using r122 v1375 as well. Just used a D8RII-plus flashed to D8R-XP FW rx. FLVS-01 is attached to FSH-01 sensor hub.
divider for A1=13.2 A2=19.8 , testing with 3S lipo , BEC at constant 5.5 v.
Here is what i get, may help you to sort out the problem.

==>when A1 jumper is off, A2 is empty, A1 shows 8.8 v, A2 shows 15.2v, all data from the hub sensors are correct matching the FLVs-01 display.
when A2 is attached with a FBVS-01, A2 is displaying 0.0v correctly, A1 shows 6.2 volt
==> when A1 jumper is on, A2 is empty, A1 = 5.5 v, A2 = 13.3V
when A2 is attached a FBVS-01 , all is correct

in both cases, the voice announcement is matching the display.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Mutchy wrote:Whilst I was changing bits and pieces, one at a time searching for the source of the drift, the voltage displayed went over 6 Volts whereupon the announcement was correct! So I adjusted the divider down and the displayed voltage went under 6 Volts and the announcement went back to being out by 10 times. Original Rx and original circuit.
OK, I can fix that. I was right, when the divider is low enough, I change to displaying 2 decimal places, but the voice was only ever 1 decimal place.

Will be fixed in the next revision (er9x as well).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Mutchy

Post by Mutchy »

Thanks very much, Mike.
BTW Where's the "thank you" button so I can record my contribution to the impressive total of formal "thank you's" you have accumulated?
Steve
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

the thumbs up button on the right side of the quote button :)

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Mutchy

Post by Mutchy »

kaos wrote:I am using r122 v1375 as well. Just used a D8RII-plus flashed to D8R-XP FW rx. FLVS-01 is attached to FSH-01 sensor hub.
divider for A1=13.2 A2=19.8 , testing with 3S lipo , BEC at constant 5.5 v.
Here is what i get, may help you to sort out the problem.

==>when A1 jumper is off, A2 is empty, A1 shows 8.8 v, A2 shows 15.2v, all data from the hub sensors are correct matching the FLVs-01 display.
when A2 is attached with a FBVS-01, A2 is displaying 0.0v correctly, A1 shows 6.2 volt
==> when A1 jumper is on, A2 is empty, A1 = 5.5 v, A2 = 13.3V
when A2 is attached a FBVS-01 , all is correct

in both cases, the voice announcement is matching the display.
Hmmmm. Thanks kaos; I note that your system shows the same feature that mine does in that when the Rx slot A2 is empty both using D8R-II and D8R-II plus Rx's that a voltage is displayed on the Tx Telemetry screen. In my case it's a little over half of the voltage which is displayed when the main pack divider is connected and full voltage displayed. I am going to put a jumper lead to connect the earth of the Rx battery to the earth of the main pack this morning to observe what happens. I don't think the earth of the Rx is connected to the earth of main pack voltage divider through the Rx and that one is floating higher than the other.

Steve

PS Nothing happened. The the earth jumper did not affect the random voltage from being displayed or it's value.
Last edited by Mutchy on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Having one used analog input and one "floating" analog input usually causes the floating input to read something, and that is generally related to the connected input.
Either, as you say, connect the floating input to ground, or, configure the divider on the Tx to 0. This latter disables the input from displaying.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
sokolum

Post by sokolum »

Which WAV format does it support?
kaos

Post by kaos »

sokolum wrote:Which WAV format does it support?
16Khz, 8 or 16 bit both work. I think this is what you are asking?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I have committed a new revision of ersky9x, just has the fix for low ratios voice problem in it.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Mutchy

Post by Mutchy »

16kHz "WAV (Microsoft) signed 16 bit PCM" is what I exported my sound files as from Audacity.

What are you listening to?

Mutchy
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

WAV-alaw compression 16000Hz 6bit mono 128kb/s or 64kb/s is what I'm using. A FREE program called Softe Wav converter will make conversions. Adobe Soundbooth is what I'm using.
sokolum

Post by sokolum »

kaos wrote:
16Khz, 8 or 16 bit both work. I think this is what you are asking?
Yes indeed!
Thank you very much.

Ordered a V3, now will search for Dutch audio files. If i have to convert them, i know now which format it supports.
Mutchy

Post by Mutchy »

I would like to be able to program a switch to count up each time it is operated and announce the next number. I have tried to think of a way to use the custom switches and the voice switches to achieve this but I have not been able to think of a way of doing it. I have no experience in using logic functions in real life (as opposed to modelling life) and I would appreciate some help.

Specifically the problem is this: In F5B competition the pilot has to complete as many laps as possible of a 150 metre course with the motor off using ten climbs outside the course. So typically one does a climb outside the course, glides four laps and then does another climb and repeats the gliding laps and the climbs until 200 seconds has elapsed. Sometimes a higher climb is necessary and six laps are flown. When practicing I often lose count of the laps and it would be really helpful if when I switch off the motor (yes, the motor is on a switch) I could have the transmitter announce, say, "Climb Three" or "Climb Seven".

I have a set of voice files in sequence on my SD card which consist of "Climb One" then "Climb Two" etc. I thought I may be able to use the feature that when "both" is selected as the voice switch the two voice files which are sequential are used but only the first has to be nominated after "both". I thought of using a blank voice file in between each "climb xxxx" file and indexing the file name somehow but I have run out of ideas.

Any ideas will be most appreciated.

Steve
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

this file sequence playing feature was discussed before.. I think Mike said before he was going to think about it :)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Tricky without some new code specifically for this. If I said I would think about something I haven't got round to it yet and can't remember exactly what is was!

However, try:
SW1: Timer off 100 on 1 AND switch GEA (I'm assuming the gear switch controls the throttle here)
This will cause SW1 to come on for one second when you turn the GEA switch ON, although it may take up to 1 second to actually switch on. It would come on 100 seconds later, but you won't be power climbing for that long.

Now set up mixes on CH16:
CH16: +100% CH16
CH16: R +100% FULL Switch(SW1) Slow(u15:d0)
CH16: R -100% FULL Switch(TRN)

Channel 16 will hold its position (mix1), reset to -100% when the TRN switch is on (mix3), or slowly increase while SW1 is on (mix2)
Now SW1 is only on for 1 second, so CH16 only moves 1/15 of full travel each time the GEA switch is on.
Next, you need lots of custom switches like:
SW2: v>ofs CH16, -88%
SW3: v>ofs CH16, -75%
Each of these switches should turn on, one after another each time the GEA switch is turned ON. So a voice switch triggered of each of these should be able to output your required announcements.
This would need some more work if you want to delay the voice until you turn the GEA switch OFF.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, it was somewhere in the audio/voice thread I think.. we were talking about some background music and I came up with the idea of being able to have sound files playing in sequence for helping in aerobatic training..
You do an aerobatic figure, hit a switch and it plays the next file, telling you what you have to do next. Hit the switch again and it plays the consecutive file number, and so on...

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Open9x has that feature...... But can't say I have ever needed it. But cool idea :-)

I think Bertrand added it after your thread suggestions.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, this is not where you say you were going to think about it (couldn't find it :) ) but have a look please.. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1735&p=25225&hilit ... ing#p25365

Would it be possible with stock board, considering that we now have the new MegaSound :D module?
Maybe even with the old module.. Why would we have to use a different folder? would not be possible to use consecutive FREE file numbers? a bit like we do with the option "BOTH"?

The only problem I see is that we need to access the card when we want to change to a different training pattern and replace the files with new ones..

For the new sound module and ersky, the folder option is probably still the best approach ;)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Mutchy

Post by Mutchy »

Thanks Mike. It works. I now have my throttle switch announcing each climb in a set with the Trainer switch resetting the sequence to zero. Your advice proved to be most valuable.

There are some screen shots below which show the detail of the programming, the scratch pad I used to figure out the values of the custom switch test value for each one second step in the value of the mixing channel and a little movie of the end result.

Don't forget that the 15 second ramp in the value of the mixing channel, CH9 in my case, covers the values from -100 to + 100. So the 1 second stops are at 200/15 = 13.33% intervals. :oops:

I suppose if you were learning to do an aerobatic routine to music you could break the music into parts and use the above technique to consecutively play each part. I don't know how useful that would be, though.

Thanks again, Mike.
Steve
Mix window
Mix window
Attachments
P1010005.MOV
(4.15 MiB) Downloaded 3464 times
Voice Switches
Voice Switches
Custom Switches Window Timer Instruction
Custom Switches Window Timer Instruction
Custom Switches Window