MasterRadio TX16S

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: MasterRadio TX16S

Post by MikeB »

I assume you are using Mode 1 (throttle on right stick).
Others who are using the TX16s may be on mode 2 and haven't noticed/reported if the right stick is reversed. I don't want to just change the direction in the firmware in case it upsets others setups until I know for sure I have the firmware wrong, or if just your radio is wired differently.
For you, for now, please do the following:
Power on the radio holding the left horizontal trim to the left. You should see a message "Hardware Menu Enabled", then release the trim switch.
Now go to the "Radio Setup|Hardware menu. go down to the last item:
RevThr.png
RevThr.png (2.39 KiB) Viewed 36901 times
So the "Stick Reverse" icons have a box around them.
Click the roller to enable changing the setting, then keep rotating the roller until just the third icon is highlighted (as in the picture above). If the third icon was already highlighted, change it so that no icons are highlighted.
This will reverse the throttle stick.

For a bit of colour on the display, you can change the background and text colours in the Radio Setup|Display menu. I use a pale, green background, as you can see from the screen capture above that is an actual screen dump.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

phil

Post by phil »

Thanks for the information.
For me, the setting of the gimbal was as in the picture. I reset it, it capped! My display is now also colored.
I introduced the VOICE folder and now I'm greeted again.
Greetings Phil
phil

Post by phil »

hy Mike, my wishes:
Layout of the main screen with variants, lower it a little
Show buttons on the left and right of the main screen
Button PAGE> only right-left-right
Button PAGE <only upwards
Button TELE down only
phil
phil

Post by phil »

picture
DSC_0127.JPG
(1.02 MiB) Not downloaded yet
DSC_0126.JPG
(841.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DSC_0125.JPG
(910.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DSC_0124.JPG
(1013.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DSC_0123.JPG
(913.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DSC_0122.JPG
(912.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DSC_0121.JPG
phil

Post by phil »

DSC_0128.JPG
(896.83 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Hi Mike,
For now, thanks for the fine software er9x and erskyTx.
I have been using Er9x with turnigy9x since 2013 and was thrilled.

The TX16S transmitter fascinated me with its multi-protocol module and color display.
The erskyTx software can be fully used on the transmitter, I have connected several receivers.
Flashing only worked with CompanionTX for me. It didn't work with eePskye!
The bootloader says “no version found”, which is why the lamp on the transmitter shows red.
Are all firmware data from companionTX - bootloader and TX16S known that erskyTx can be integrated perfectly?

The font color can be adjusted a little, the next time the device is switched on the font is black again. In addition, the display light cannot be dimmed with a switch.
stay healthy, greetings phil
DSC_0129.JPG
(859.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted a new test version (B2).
The text colour setting is now saved, and the display should dim with a switch, currently not going completely off.
Some of the main screens are updated and there is a "HiRes" test feature in the Telemetry popup. This is for a new custom display. Any settings you test are not currently saved on power off, it is experimental.
In this you may choose a pattern of rectangles and set their background colour, text colour and whether to display a numeric value or the model image. Each rectangle has its own colours. Other possible contents are being considered, what might be useful?
Also in the test version is an update to eepskye.exe, just copy this file to where you have it installed (possibly rename the existing file so you may revert if needed).
It is possible the name TX16S of the firmware drive is not all uppercase, which is why eepskye doesn't "see" it. I now look for it regardless of case. If eepskye still doesn't find the drive (to be able to flash new firmware), look in the "Burn" meny and select "Review output". You should see a list of all the drive names found. Please let me know what you see there.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
phil

Post by phil »

Hi Mike,
eePskye worked and could flash. the lamp is red! not green
I couldn't read burns, the screen opens and remains blank.
the roller no longer works, it bounces around freely. Changing the font color works, dimming the display with the switch does not work well. Can't set it properly and then it's too dark. = not usable! The main screens are not an improvement for me, it would be enough to put the old ones in the MIDDLE.
HiRes works but I didn't fill it out. i don't need this. I will take out the new firmware again.
Page left-right-left
Page up
Tele down
later i send fotos
phil

Post by phil »

after burn output: starting,opened source file, opened distination file
DSC_0146.JPG
(768.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DSC_0144.JPG
(880.02 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DSC_0147.JPG
(447.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
the firmware A9223 is for me better and is smae to ather firmwae in taranis

The next Time ab 12.3.021 was not always in Home, i hope come good back
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

phil wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:46 pm Hi Mike,
eePskye worked and could flash. the lamp is red! not green
I couldn't read burns, the screen opens and remains blank.
Good. Since eepskye worked OK, the Review Output doesn't need to contain the drive name data so that is OK.
the roller no longer works, it bounces around freely.
Interesting, the early Jumper T16 had the roller incorrectly wired, and I managed to find a way in the firmware to make it work. I assumed the TX16S would have this correct so I removed the special code. It seems the TX16S still has the roller incorrectly wired, I'll put the code back in!
Changing the font color works, dimming the display with the switch does not work well. Can't set it properly and then it's too dark. = not usable!
I'll look to add a setting for the "off" brightness.
The main screens are not an improvement for me, it would be enough to put the old ones in the MIDDLE.
HiRes works but I didn't fill it out. i don't need this. I will take out the new firmware again.
Page left-right-left
Page up
Tele down
later i send fotos
The idea is that the HiRes option will allow you to design several "main screens" that are what you want, rather than (or as well as) the pre-defined screens.
Do you think the new main screens are worse than before, or just different?
For others, this is what the two new main screens look like:
s1.jpg
s1.jpg (39.63 KiB) Viewed 36781 times
s2.jpg
s2.jpg (39.63 KiB) Viewed 36781 times
Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
phil

Post by phil »

hallo Mike,
das Schöne an erskytx ist der klare sachliche Aufbau und die gleichen displays. sicherlich ist es schön verschiedene bildschirme zu erstellen. mit dem jetzigen Programm komme ich sehr gut klar. mir wäre es wichtiger die page- knöpfe neu zu gestalten. den einen page knopf kann man eigentlich nicht einsetzten.
ich bin sehr zufrieden, es funktioniert wie es soll. ich bewundere dich dass man programmieren kann ohne einen Sender zu haben.
phil
Hi Mike,
the nice thing about erskytx is the clear, functional structure and the same displays. surely it's nice to create different screens. I get along very well with the current program. It would be more important to me to redesign the pages butten. you can't actually use the one page button.
I am very satisfied, it works as it should. I admire you that you can program without having a transmitter.
phil
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I see the buttons are labelled differently compared to the Jumper T16 (the radio I have to test with).
On the T16 the two, silver buttons are SYS (on the left) and RTN on the right. I use SYS for MENU and RTN for EXIT.
On the TX16S, these are labelled SYS and MDL, what function do these currently perform for you?

The T16 then has three, black buttons on the left, from top to bottom these are labelled:
MDL (acts as UP)
PAGE (acts as LEFT)
TELE (acts as DOWN)

The TX16S has 4, black buttons, from top to bottom these are labelled:
RTN
PAGE>
PAGE<
TELE

What function do these perform for you?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
phil

Post by phil »

Hi Mike,
Mode model setup and radio setup:
the third key, below the rtn key, moves the corser to the right, the fourth key from the top only brings the corser back from right to left. Otherwise the button has no function. with the tele key (5) you can tap the program forward.

it would be nice if the 4th key typed back the program.
3rd button right-left-right, so a jump in the line
button Page 3:right-left-right
button page 4: tap backwards
button Tele 5: tap forward
is only one wish! thanks

much greeting phil
phil

Post by phil »

SYS =Menue
RTN =Exit

MDL =Model select
left side: SyS, RTN, PAge, Page,Tele
right side: MDL, Roller and run
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted a test version that should have the roller back working.
I've slightly adjusted the buttons:
SYS = MENU
RTN = EXIT
MDL = RIGHT
PAGE> = UP
PAGE< = LEFT
TELE = DOWN
so these should match the operation of buttons on the 9X/9XR and the function of the buttons when using erskyTx on the Taranis.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
phil

Post by phil »

good morning mike,
Thanks for the new software.
I could not load the new software with eePskye! to make sure that everything is correct I activated eePskye again. it did not work! I didn't want to load with CompanionTX. The reason is that tx16s A9 223 works well with scooter and push-open. Sorry that the rollersystem works perfectly, I did not explicitly mention it. the MDL key now opens model select and when you press it again you are in the model setup.

So the operation of the control is okay.
The second reason why I didn't install the software is that "the roller back working" didn't make sense.
there is probably always some ambiguity in the translation.
Greetings phil
phil

Post by phil »

Hi Mike,
I made it, the USB plug was not tight.
the new software works very well, buttons work.
a big problem arose when I want to change the light switch in radio setup the screen goes black. I have to flash again!
no longer works!! the screen remains black.
re-flashing is not possible, stays black! opentx no longer works either. new erskytx A9223 flashed it works again!
phil

Post by phil »

the new button setting was also pleasant. one would have to practice longer to recognize the advantage.
if the scooter works properly I would install the "colored software"
phil

Post by phil »

the problem: roller. in A9 223 work roller good, in the software today no good, going diplay black when change switch!!
please Rollerupdate back
phil

Post by phil »

good morning Mike,
I wanted to test the buttons with yesterday's "colored" software tx16_rom.bin. I could not load this software anymore !eePskye works good and say sucessful, the screen was black. has this software changed something in the transmitter? software A9 223 runs fine.
greetings phil
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I added an option to allow setting the screen brightness when the screen is "OFF". If you have a switch set to turn the display off, and the setting happens to be "black", then you will have no visible screen. If you set a switch for this function, try moving the switch to the "display on" position.
As a test, please start the radio in "maintenance mode" (power on holding both horizontal trims APART), do you get a display then?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
phil

Post by phil »

No!
Detected with flashlight display and on setting radio setup and found the switch, sa pressed and it was bright. Brightness to 64 and it works.

the main screens are not yet consistent, numbers and symbols are of different sizes and interfere with each other.
the smaller version is better

Another problem is the flickering of CH1-4

I still have to learn the new key arrangement. to open you have to press the roller
see you soon phil
phil

Post by phil »

DSC_0160.JPG
(905.34 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DSC_0159.JPG
(908.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DSC_0158.JPG
(903.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DSC_0157.JPG
DSC_0150.JPG
(582.73 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DSC_0148.JPG
(896.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
phil

Post by phil »

Hello Mike, I'm back.
in the meantime many have downloaded tx16. has there been any feedback?
I wish:
. Reduce channel flicker= importand
. Equip version A9r223 with color
.version A9r223 with side button symbols(taranis 9d)
left side:button
1 M=menue(sys)
2 X=back
3 arrow ↑
4 arrow ↔
5 arrow ↓
right side: button-roller
1 S=select(MDL)
2 o=⟳
3 ✔ =press
is that feasible
regards phil
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Some of the downloads are almost certainly bots (e.g. Google).
I've just posted a new test version. I've been working with "Daedalus66" who has a TX16S to sort a few things.

The buttons should be as before, so the MDL button on the right should act as RIGHT, the SYS button on the left should act as MENU, the RTN button as EXIT, then the next 3 buttons on the left are UP, LEFT and DOWN.
This does mean the MDL button, on a long press, takes you to the model select screen and another press takes you to the model setup index screen. A long press of the TELE button should take you to the telemetry displays.

This version has an experimental custom screen setup, although it is working quite well. Currently you may set up two customs screens. To set them up, go to Model Setup|Telemetry, getting the popup, then select HiRes. This lets you edit the HiRes screens. You may choose to have black borders around each area and also keep the trim displays present. For each screen, you may choose a pattern of areas on the display, then set each area with a background colour, a text colour and a choice of content:
Value - Pick an item to display, sticks/pots, channels, telemetry.
Image - The model image.
Bars - Channel outputs.
Timer - One of the two timers, these display in a very large font if it will fit.
Sticks - For the single large area, display the stick and pot positions.

You may test what the display will look like.
These two screens will display as an extra screen in the main display, move up/down to get to them, then left selects between them.

This is still in development.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
phil

Post by phil »

Hi Mike,
the last software works perfectly. I was only able to bring an additional screen into the main menu, however. I was able to create the 2nd screen but it was not recorded.
what I am still missing are the pictures of the planes (image). there is no connection to opentx.

my favorite is still the standard software erskyTx. Why?
i started with very simple remote controls, where everything had to be set on the servo lever. After many increasingly better remote controls, I am happy that the height and time are announced to me. my taranis x9d and turnigy 9XR pro with erskyTx cover my requirements.

why can't erskyTx be loaded using the bootloader? x9d and 9XR can opentx and ersky be loaded without a PC? is there a lock in the system?

i think due to my age i am looking for simple solutions to reach my goals.
stay healthy greetings phil
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

When you edit the second screen, is it not saved through a power cycle? (so after power off and on the settings have gone).
If it is saved, then when you have the first screen displayed on the main menu, one of the page buttons should switch to the second screen.

For model images, currently you need a 24-bit colour image in .BMP format in the IMAGES directory on the SD card. Max. size 192 by 114.

What happens if you try to flash erskyTx using the bootloader? Do you just get a flickering screen?

Probably you need to update the bootloader to the erskyTx one. If you have the firmware file on the SD card, in the FIRMWARE directory, simply start the radio in "Maintenance mode" (power on with horizontal trims held APART) select "Update Bootloader", select the firmware file and confirm the operation.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
phil

Post by phil »

I can't save the 2nd screen. back in the menu the screen no longer appears. but he is in Popoups!
I can call up the erskyTx software with the bootloader, but the install command is not accepted. the arrow is also not shown in full and flickers. So via PC!
of the different versions only the last one is saved, why?
from the maintenance mode i can only start the opentx software
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

So you can edit the second screen but, on the main display screens, you can only see the first screen? The "PAGE<" button should switch between them.
If you are on the main screen and you press the "PAGE<" button LONG, do you get to the Radio Setup menu?

I don't understand what you mean for Maintenance Mode. When you start in this mode, you should see a screen showing:
MAINTENANCE

Update Bootloader
Update Ext. SPort
Change Sport Id
Update Multi

If you select "Update Bootloader", what happens?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
phil

Post by phil »

I'm devastated, when I tried to update the bootloader, the transmitter destroyed itself, switched itself off and is only black. Switching on is not possible!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

What happens when you press the power button, anything at all?

With the radio off, try plugging in the USB cable to the PC, do you get a device appearing (STM Bootloader)?

Odd that has happened as "Daedalus66" successfully updated the bootloader on his TX16S.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”