Upgrading from 9XR-Pro to X9D+ - a few questions

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
rfcgt

Re: Upgrading from 9XR-Pro to X9D+ - a few questions

Post by rfcgt »

Well I give up. I can't seem to get my new Taranis x9 with 4n1 Multiprotocol module to repeatable bind to my flysky receivers. Sometimes it will connect up and sometimes not. When it connects, the multiprotocol menu shows "Failsafe N/A" and "Bind (Ver 1.2.0.17)". When it fails to connect it shows "Failsafe (Not Set)" and "Bind ". Am I missing something? Is my Multiprotocol version out of date? A setting in the Taranis? My old 9xr pro connects up every time without a problem.

My receivers are gt2r, tr6a v2 and 9x8c v2 all from hobby king

Any help would be appreciated.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Is the 'PRO using the same 4-in-1 module?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
rfcgt

Post by rfcgt »

Hi Mike
Sorry for late reply. Family issues.

Actually I have 3 modules, each configured with the same _Config.h file. The GLOBAL ID is set to single numbers. I use the Rec# to define each model. All 3 modules work fine in the 2 9xrpros I have, each with ersky9x firmware. None work properly in the x9dplus using models imported from the 9xr pro (as was instructed above). It seems like the module is slow to turn on and when the radio quires it, it cant respond. If I select another model then reselect the original, the radio recognizes the module and it works fine.

I'm just an old retired guy with limited technical skills in this area. I like to go fly my homemade foamboard airplanes at the local soccer field during the week. I ended up going back to opentx and manually enter model data and all seems to work as I would expect. Went flying and had a good time with my new radio.

I'm not sure what was wrong, maybe my importing the models, don't know but opentx works so I'll use it for now.

Thank for your help and time
rfcgt

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”