Lemon Telemetry with ErSky9x

ersky9x is a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
Daedalus66

Lemon Telemetry with ErSky9x

Post by Daedalus66 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:21 am

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss the use of ErSky9x with Lemon RX telemetry.

Lemon telemetry uses DSMX/DSM2 and the Spektrum telemetry protocol. It is designed to work with current generation telemetry-enabled Spektrum transmitters such as the DX6, DX8G2, DX9 or DX18G2 (and the Generation 1 DX8), making use of the transmitter’s built-in telemetry display and voice capabilities.

Transmitters using recent versions of ErSky9x, including the Turnigy 9XR Pro, FlySky/Turnigy 9x units with AR9x or 9Xtreme upgrade boards, and the various FrSky Taranis and Horus radios are fully compatible with Lemon telemetry, provided they have a suitable RF module utilizing Multiprotocol firmware. My own implementation uses an FrSky Taranis QX7 with OrangeRx module flashed to Multiprotocol.

Lemon has produced three types of telemetry unit:
1. Stand-alone Telemetry System (LM0030), plugs into a suitable DSMX/DSM2 receiver. Includes an altitude sensor. Released 2014.
2. Integrated 7-Channel Telemetry Receiver (LM0041). No altitude sensor. Released 2016.
3. Integrated 7-Channel Telemetry Receiver (LM0051/52). Only the LM0052 has an altitude sensor. Released late 2017.

Lemon Telemetry sends back real time data to the transmitter on receiver voltage, temperature and RSSI (signal strength); it does not send the usual Spektrum data on fades, holds, etc. With the V/I external sensor, it provides voltage, current and capacity (mAh) readings for the flight pack of an electric powered model. The LM0030 and LM0052 do all this and also provide altitude and vertical speed (vario) data from a built-in barometric sensor.

For details on the Lemon Telemetry system, see the detailed instructions prepared by jj604 (with my help) at the following links:
Stand-alone Telemetry Unit: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpos ... ostcount=5
Integrated Receivers: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpos ... ostcount=6

Credit for ErSky9x goes, of course, to its developer Mike Blandford, who I'm hoping will look in on this thread and offer help as needed.

I'm hoping to hear from anyone using, or just interested in, Lemon telemetry with ErSky9x.
Last edited by Daedalus66 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

Daedalus66

Re: Lemon Telemetry with ErSky9x

Post by Daedalus66 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:22 am

Reserved for screen shots of Lemon telemetry.

Daedalus66

Re: Lemon Telemetry with ErSky9x

Post by Daedalus66 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:23 am

Reserved for further details on Lemon telemetry.

Return to “ersky9x”