Adjustable PPM out pins

Support & Help for the sky9x upgrade board
hpihl

Adjustable PPM out pins

Post by hpihl »

Hello,
Converted my old Sky9x protoseries board for a simulator by powering it from USB cable (Multiplex USB simulator interface). Works fine except seems that I can't adjust the PPM frame as the interface appears to be picky about resulting overlapping channels. I'm taking PPM out from the module PPM pin of the connector J7 but there is also two other PPM outs (PPM-JACK and PPM2) and apparently I can adjust the frame only on these.

So the question is if I can take the PPM out from these pins? There is no pins soldered on them so Idon't know if these are actually active.

And if the adjustable PPM out is also available from one of the pins of the connector J7?

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Adjustable PPM out pins

Post by MikeB »

PPM2 uses the same settings as the module PPM output, except it has its own start channel and number of channels settings.
PPM-JACK should be the same as the module PPM.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
hpihl

Post by hpihl »

So, which PPM out is affected by the settings on: SETUP/Port1 or Port 2? I can't see any effect on module PPM. The firmware is r2923 and I seem to be not able to upgrade it, getting "disk not mounted error".

I certainly could adjust the trainer port frame earlier with the stock 9x board.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

For the version, what is on the line labelled SVN: ?
Regarding upgrading, are you starting the radio in bootloader mode? Or is the version you are running from before the bootloader was added?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
hpihl

Post by hpihl »

There is:
SVN: opentx-r2923
DATE: 2014-01-11

I don't know this bootloader thing, have not upgraded any of my 9x radios for ages.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Ahh, my mistake, I assumed (don't know why) you were using ersky9x not openTx.
I'm not sure whether openTx supports the PPM2 signal.
I believe yuo need to use SAM-BA to do the upgrade.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
hpihl

Post by hpihl »

I had the ersky9x on this tx before Bertrand fixed the resolution problem with the Aurora sticks. On simulator use it's does not matter if it's opentx or ersky9x, all I need is ability adjust the PPM frame to get channels correctly out.

I did install the SAM-BA 3.0 and eePskye and got the "Tx Disk Not Mounted" when tried to burn the latest ersky9x (r218) on it. Searched the forum but no solution found, tried moving the trims...
hpihl

Post by hpihl »

Installed the SAM-BA 2.15 and did choose SAM-BA from burning options. Now I got SAM-BA did not finish correctly error message. Command line says -E- Board at91sam3s4-9x not found.
hpihl

Post by hpihl »

Ok got the ersky9x r218 installed somehow using the SAM-BA alone. Now trying to get rotary encoder working properly etc..... al lot has happened in couple years, complete new menu system etc...
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Complete menu system, also look at the voice menu. No need for separate logic switches anymore. It's all in one place, haptic included ;)

to enable the hardware menu turn the radio ON while holding the left horizontal trim to the left for about a second or two. Then go to the Radio Setup/Hardware. You can set the rotary encoder divider there. Have also a look at the hardware menu. You can replace 2 position switches with a 3 position switch and can even add more switches and pots, quantity depending on which board you have.
Also it is possible to install a Bluetooth module and have trainer over bluetooth between 2 ersky9x radios, or send telemetry information to an android device.. I'm sure I forgot something :)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “sky9x upgrade board”