Weird Bug (er9x frsky)

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
orentlikher

Weird Bug (er9x frsky)

Post by orentlikher »

Hey guys,

How are you guys? Ive been enjoying sometime flying (or i should say learning to fly) and my modded with your help TX. I am running er9x-frsky version 753 and have the telemetry mod, backlight mod and installed a resistor to stop backlight from flickering. Lately i have been having a weird bug happening on my tx and was wondering if you guys know how to fix this or experienced it. I have my idle 2 pitch and throttle curves set for all 0, which helps me to tune the heli im flying when i need to level the swash. This means when my idle 2 is switched on my throttle/pitch inputs do not have any effect on the swash and its perfectly at 0. But lately, as my screen turns off after 5s (which it is set to do) my idle 2 programmed options stop working and the swash plate starts to move up if throttle input is given. It resets back to normal 0 position if i hit "exit" or any other menu buttons on tx and get back into the menus. After 5s (or whatever activity is set to) it stops working again as if loosing its program. It worked fine up until few days ago when this started happening. Very weird issue. The only thing that was done to the tx except the telemetry mod was the addition of the resistor on the backlight board.

Guys do you have any ideas why this might be happening? thnx

ShowMaster

Re: Weird Bug (er9x frsky)

Post by ShowMaster »

Please post what resistor value you used and more about the "flickering" backlight? Is this a HK or a SP board? HK is just 2 series leds with a 470 ohm resistor as delivered. What voltage are you using for the led BL? It's possible your BL mod is pulling the voltage buss down too low? More info please.
SM
orentlikher

Post by orentlikher »

thank you for your reply, Showmaster..
i wanted to use 10k resistor but didnt have one on hand and used 470 ohm. maybe thats why im having problems. it is hk backlight...if i remember correctly i installed the resistor (as per 9x members suggestions) across the atmega pin wire and ground wire coming from the backlight board.
Camboui

Post by Camboui »

No transistor for the backlight ?
You installed directly the 470 resistor from atmega pin 17 to backlight LED ??

Return to “er9x”