Audio (voice) - Stock 9X PCB

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
Oliver

Re: Audio (voice) - Stock 9X PCB

Post by Oliver »

Oliver wrote: I will try to make the next:
I will recieve the "play_yyy" commands while playing xxx, but if it will be several commands, after finish of playing xxx I will begin to play only last command.
Now I make the measurement (now only in Proteus) of the time between receiving command and beginning of reading sample data to buffer. It takes 0.013s. Later I'll try to look at this moment in real device.
Hmmm.... hmmmm... And do we need the BUSY signal from module to er9x in this case?

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

After sending a command, er9x waits 50mS, or until it sees busy active, then waits to see busy inactive, then waits 30mS before sending the next command.
To monitor for the busy signal, it is polled every 10mS, so needs to be asserted for at least 10mS to guarantee it will be seen.

These timings were necessary for the module we are currently using. It would be best, if possible, for any alternative module to simulate the same signals, thus keeping the er9x software unchanged for different voice modules.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

MikeB wrote:After sending a command, er9x waits 50mS, or until it sees busy active, then waits to see busy inactive, then waits 30mS before sending the next command.
To monitor for the busy signal, it is polled every 10mS, so needs to be asserted for at least 10mS to guarantee it will be seen.

Mike.
And what it could be if after sending first command the er9x do not see the BUSY is HIGH? The er9x then send the new command without waiting of finishing previous?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

After the 50mS waiting for busy, er9x times it out, and continues by looking for no busy, which it will find, so then does the 30mS delay and is then ready to send the next command.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
GTiDon

Post by GTiDon »

MikeB wrote:Don: Is the volume OK. The module is missing a bit of data somehow. The startup is file 28, metres is file 56 (twice 28), so the data is shifted left one place.
I set the volume 3 times to wake the module up, then send the starup sound. Maybe I need a slightly longer delay after setting the volume.

Mike.
Please remember this, Unless mine is the only module with this problem. I have recieved my second one that has not been so hacked, like my first so ill be swopping them.

Are there any other factory radios that have telemetry and voice capabilities?
Er9X Flashed
Speaker Mod Done
Haptic Feedback Mod Done
Telemetry Mod Done with FRSky TTL Lite
Voice Mod Done with Emartee Board
HK Backlight Done
FRSky Telemetry DIY Module Installed
----All these mods removed and installed Sky 3.0 board with DJT Module.

Crucial

Post by Crucial »

I've not seen any radios with voice before. I was surprised at the lack of surprise at the field when my radio was talking. The people didn't pay much attention or ask how it was doing that. I assumed more would wonder since it's very uncommon.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

they're just jealous and don't say a word. It's the same at my field. They ignore :D
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Skar

Post by Skar »

Hallo jhsa,
kannst du mir evtl eine Materialliste geben , mit der englischen komme ich irgentwie nicht klar, habe meine Fernbedienung auf er9x geflashed.
Ausserdem habe ich das Soundmodul gerade bestellt. Löten ist kein Problem, nur mit Platinen kenne ich mich mal garnicht aus.
Würde mich freuen, wenn du mir dabei helfen könntest! :?
email: [email protected]

This is just a request to jhsa for a material list in germany.

regards
Sascha
JEANALTAYR

Post by JEANALTAYR »

Hello
for me its the same and for the skeptics or the management of bad faith : a switch with only use cuckoo!!!
jmi
GTiDon

Post by GTiDon »

yeah, I even got comments about the radio being illegal in my country and it shouldnt be allowed at the field.
I was asking about other radios incase I really get forced not to use my turnigy. You just cant go back to no audible telemetry!
Er9X Flashed
Speaker Mod Done
Haptic Feedback Mod Done
Telemetry Mod Done with FRSky TTL Lite
Voice Mod Done with Emartee Board
HK Backlight Done
FRSky Telemetry DIY Module Installed
----All these mods removed and installed Sky 3.0 board with DJT Module.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've had a couple of comments asking is it CE approved, I just show the CE sticker on the FrSky Tx module!
What really matters is does it keep control anyway. Last Sunday the was a shout from the pilots box "NO CONTROL". The electric glider concerned ended up in the car park. I believe the radio was a commercial sp....um unit. Completely legal and CE approved etc. My radio was still working after a plummet to the ground after the mid-air from 200 feet minus half a wing, and I know it was from 200 feet!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
thomas9x

Post by thomas9x »

Oliver wrote:
MikeB wrote:After sending a command, er9x waits 50mS, or until it sees busy active, then waits to see busy inactive, then waits 30mS before sending the next command.
Mike.
And what it could be if after sending first command the er9x do not see the BUSY is HIGH? The er9x then send the new command without waiting of finishing previous?
Just to add a some more detail to the conversation, there is a critical timing requirement on reading the /BUSY state that your voice module emulation must accommodate: The 9x's PB7 signal is bi-directional; Normally it is an output for clocking the voice data. During /BUSY checking it becomes an input port bit. This read cycle requires that the /BUSY state be asserted within a few hundred nanoseconds, which is currently handled by Mike's TR1 transistor. So if you will be emulating the entire voice interface hardware in your CPU then be sure to keep this in mind.

- Thomas
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

We discussed earlier the need to keep the two transistors connecting to PB7 in order to provide the 5v to 3.3v level shifting. If this is done, then the busy signal may be a slow changing logic signal as the transistors will provide the high speed direction changing required.
The transistor on the busy signal operates as 'open collector', but with a resistor in series so PB7 can always drive out when needed.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
thomas9x

Post by thomas9x »

We discussed earlier the need to keep the two transistors connecting to PB7 in order to provide the 5v to 3.3v level shifting. If this is done, then the busy signal may be a slow changing logic signal as the transistors will provide the high speed direction changing required.
For some reason I thought the new design was going to eliminate all the old interface hardware. But since PB7's LLC circuit will still be used, my timing concerns do not apply. My bad, as they say.

- Thomas
Clivew

Post by Clivew »

MikeB wrote:I've had a couple of comments asking is it CE approved, I just show the CE sticker on the FrSky Tx module!
What really matters is does it keep control anyway. Last Sunday the was a shout from the pilots box "NO CONTROL". The electric glider concerned ended up in the car park. I believe the radio was a commercial sp....um unit. Completely legal and CE approved etc. My radio was still working after a plummet to the ground after the mid-air from 200 feet minus half a wing, and I know it was from 200 feet!

Mike.
I think common sense was banned from 1997 onwards Mike :roll:
I find these improve safety a lot:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230851098005? ... 1439.l2649

Clive
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Graupner HoTT radios all offer voice telemetry, since a bit more than a year. Futaba now has their telemetry box with voice (although only just out). The Frsky radios are about to come out with it too, and more to follow.
Redbrickman

Post by Redbrickman »

It is not CE approved, the document that has been floated around is a fake and has been confirmed a fake. That is why German customs have become so manic about the radio.

Does it matter, I doubt it since even if were approved most have infringed the CE by any mods to the radio.

There are plenty of CE approved radios with failures at the flying field, at mine this year at least two with Spektrum Tx. I would trust the humble 9x over any of them.
Maintain thine airspeed.
Lest the ground arise and smite thee!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I think only the RF part of the radio has to be CE certified, right?
and I also think that we can mod the radio itself.. it's like when you replace the cable on a servo..

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Redbrickman

Post by Redbrickman »

I'm not a CE expert but I have a sneaking feeling that any circuitry inside that is changed takes the radio outside CE approval (if it had any to begin with which it doesn't', except for the FRSKY module if fitted).
I think in your country jhsa there is a communications office called Bundesneztagentur similar to our Ofcom here in UK, and you may be able to search online for the CE certificate but I am sure you won't find one.

I remember this topic coming up in RCG and several German flyers had their new radio confiscated by customs for not complying with CE ;(

As I said above it doesn't matter anyway, given that some of the top notch Tx on the field can and do fail.
Maintain thine airspeed.
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

Redbrickman wrote:It is not CE approved, the document that has been floated around is a fake and has been confirmed a fake. That is why German customs have become so manic about the radio.
That is not correct

I got the radio from the HK German warehouse inclusive a German manual, the statement that the radio is approved in following European countries:
A/D/E/GB/GR/I/NL/CH

and a copy of the "Declaration of Conformity" CE 0678 undersigned Honkong, 09-28-2011 from Yueng Wu, Hextronics Ltd.

And the radio and receiver were labeld with "CE 0678"

btw, the CE sign can be given from everyone (producer, importer) without any checkout or test by anyone else.
The statement simply claims, that the equipement is in compliance with the required norm(s) or documents.

Reinhard
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

true, so I can't really understand why the German customs were confiscating the radio :(

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

ReSt wrote: btw, the CE sign can be given from everyone (producer, importer) without any checkout or test by anyone else.
The statement simply claims, that the equipement is in compliance with the required norm(s) or documents.
Which is why the authorities can then decide to take samples and test them. If they are not compliant, then the declaration is worthless and the device may have to be removed from the market.

Sanctions can vary from a simple fine to stopping sales and destroying the remaining stocks or even recalling, refunding and destroying every unit sold.
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

And... did they do it?
Has anyone heard, that the authorities tested the radio and found that it did not confirm?

If yes, HK would probably no longer sell this radio (my two cents)

Reinhard
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

http://www.spiteman.com/home/xxx-xxx-xxx

I think there is a lot of work making all these documents for them to be fake.. but we never know :D

EDIT: Jamara sold this radio for over 200 euros but it doesn't anymore.. now, is it due to not being legal? or is it because they can't match HK prices and were not selling them?

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Redbrickman

Post by Redbrickman »

I think the clue to the CE is the approval number. Anyone can churn out a label but the equipment either has to be tested in the member state or the company has to be an approved ce certifier that is audited periodically.

Also a CE 1234 ! Is another permutation. The ! Signifies that it is only approved in certain countries of the EU

The whole system is a minefield!
Last edited by Redbrickman on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maintain thine airspeed.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

jhsa wrote:I think there is a lot of work making all these documents for them to be fake..
It's unfortunately common in China, and no it's not a lot of work. There are companies who have templates, fill up the company/device name, include some fake data that looks good, and and give you the docs the next day for much much cheaper than what it takes to actually engineer your device to meet the requirements, get it tested for real, and fix the potential problems.

No idea how it's been with the 9x really. But if the customs were confiscating them, there was very likely something wrong, either in the paperwork or on the actual device. But if they are now being sold by HK themselves from the European warehouse, then whatever was wrong has certainly been fixed by now. For example, the shield that is now present on the stock RF modules could have something to do with that.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

the HK warehouse is in the Hamburg harbour. well there is a part of the harbour called freihafen which means free harbour. I think there is no inspection and the material inside the containers doesn't pass through customs. and also they don't have to pay tax for it.. that's how HK and many others are able to distribute their stuff in Europe.

I'm not sure but I think there is another place like this at Frankfurt airport..
I've ordered some electronic material from the German ebay and the items location was Frankfurt but the seller is located/registered in China..

Joao

P.S - Maybe this interesting discussion should be moved to it's own thread?

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Skar

Post by Skar »

Hallo,
also entweder wurde ich überlesen oder ignoriert :?

s.o.

regards
skar
Skar

Post by Skar »

Hi,
can someone help me with the "Bill of Materials" i need for the voice mod?
Im not that good in this micro electric parts, soldering is no problem , but
i got problems to buy the exact parts i need. There are for example so many sorts of 10k capacitors , that i dont know what to buy.

can someone make a list where more details of the parts are shown , so that it will be easier ?

thanks for your help!!

regards
skar
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “er9x”