er9x internally and external module usage

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
thorek

Post by thorek »

Hello, I have modded my 9x radio with a diy frsky kit, and interrupted the lead on the pcb with a switch to the external module, so I can turn on the frsky module, or turn it off and on the external bay.
The only thing I am not sure about is if this is possible to use both frsky and the bay with f.ex. dsm module with the frsky firmware (not at the same time of course)

Anybody have some info on this???

Thor

gohsthb

Re: er9x internally and external module usage

Post by gohsthb »

The frsky version of the firmware does only 2 things different from the plain version of the firmware. 1) it adds support for the telemetry, so it shows on the screen. And 2) since 2 of the switches had to be moved to different pins it supports that.
I have my 9x modded similar to yours. I have the frsky internal, and an open module bay. I can use any module i want in the back without problems.
-Gohst
thorek

Post by thorek »

Cool thanx, anyone have any ino on the walkera modules if they exists???

Thor
kaos

Post by kaos »

I have been asking Walkera modules here for months. Nobody seems to be interested or have one. :(

I even offered to send someone a Walkera 2602 Tx for anyone to make one out of it. Any volunteer!? ;)
Malcurin

Post by Malcurin »

i am looking at getting FrSky DHT 8ch DIY Telemetry Compatible Transmitter Module from hobbyking when it comes back in stock, I also wish to use the Turnigy module I have in my 9x ATM in the Module bay when i need too so I don't have to replace the many receivers I already have inside my planes,
My question is, Which wires do I have to interrupt with an On Off switch before they join onto the PCB so i can do this? just the red or the yellow or black or all three?

thanks
Mike
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

You could probably get away with just the yellow (ppm). But to be safe I would suggest red and yellow.

Believe that is power, and ppm.

Why not just use two removable modules?

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Malcurin

Post by Malcurin »

the removable Frsky ones cost a fortune, and I want to go to that for the Micro receivers and eventually everything, I just recently lost my Job and cant afford to go straight to converting everything over to FrSky yet, and will end up taking the switch out once I can afford the receivers for all my planes, it really is just a matter of Money ATM,
is there a toggle switch ( 2 way ) that will do the Job of cutting the signal to both wires to do this with ?

thanks
Mike
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The removeable DJT is the same price as the "DIY" DHT module actually. It's just that in most places the DJT is bundled with a 8-channel receiver, while the DHT is sold alone. And you'll need a receiver anyway :)
Malcurin

Post by Malcurin »

The main place I buy from is Hobbyking, any shop etc. here in New Zealand is way too over priced and i can get it usually half to 1/5th the price there, and i don't have to get a receiver straight away I will still have the turnigy module ( modded to be stand alone) to use , but I will eventually move over to be only Frsky, and therefore want the DIY module so when i do go full frsky the look is still the same as it is now, with the antenna out the top of the transmitter

thanks
Mike
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

Dsmx, Anylink and Frsky... on this radio, the other has the ersky board with dsmx, internal diy frsky, stock module and the anylink can also plug in... ack... it's a monster!

Malcurin

Post by Malcurin »

How did you set it up to use the internal and the external Modules? thats what I want to know please

thanks
Mike
pldb64

Post by pldb64 »

Mike,

I've started buying my FrSky gear through Alofthobbies ... they are US based but their prices seem to be every bit as good as HKs and the shipping is substantially quicker. It was 8 days to get to AUS and that included a public holiday long weekend.

Wayne (the owner) is very active in answering questions on RCG and they have the new FrSky bits and pieces a lot quicker than HK does.

Worth a try in my opinion.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Just be careful you don't kit hot with export duty.

USA is quick to slap on a fee :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

if I was in the USA I'd definately buy from aloft.. great costumer support, not expensive, and very quick.. the killer is the overseas postage..
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I did buy from them, even to Europe postage is very cheap (I paid $15 for $150 worth of stuff), much cheaper than HK. Great and fast service indeed, they were the first tho have the D4R-II in stock back then.
kaos

Post by kaos »

these info should come out way earlier than this. :o ;)
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

I think it's better to keep it a secret. That way they will have stock when I want to buy something.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

HA HA HA, I think the shop owners don't agree with you :mrgreen:
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “er9x”