9x and Fr-Sky RX

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
gaspin

9x and Fr-Sky RX

Post by gaspin »

I have a Turnigy 9x finally on its way to me and I will go the Smartieparts route for modification when they are restocked. At present I fly a Futaba 9C with Fr-sky module and Fr-sky rx's. When I upload the Er9x FW, will I be able to bind with the Fr-sky receivers; these are the basic RX's not the telementary link type.

gohsthb

Re: 9x and Fr-Sky RX

Post by gohsthb »

If you have a frsky module for the 9x. Then yes of course it will work.
-gohst

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
GrootWitbaas

Post by GrootWitbaas »

you can even get the telemetry module and use it with the non telemetry rx's, and have the capability to add telemetry if you want.
General trouble maker and wannabee Dev
gaspin

Post by gaspin »

Ok so which Fr-Sky module plugs in the back?
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

If you are located in Europe consider also http://www.my-rc.ch as a frsky supplier he has a lot of accessories and prices are not so different from Giantcod/HK considering shipping rates...
(BTW i have no direct involvement in that shop, I'm only a very satisfied customer).
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

If you're in the U.S. you will have it in a couple days from Aloft.com http://www.alofthobbies.com/jr-transmit ... odule.html
gaspin

Post by gaspin »

Ok thanks Gohst, I'm in Singapore so Hong Kong, HK is just round the corner and no customs worries.
frisbee

Post by frisbee »

hello peoples :) I'm new to these forums so, Hi to All" but a veteran for having Quad X problems lol.
PLEASE!!!!! could somebody help a dummy out...
I only have one model, a scarab quadx wiicopter, paris3 plp board, turnigy9x v2 mode2 with er9x upgrade and smartipants mod, also running on frysky(v8jt-tx) and (v8r7sp-rx) combo..
the problem I'm now facing is I think I've over stepped my boundary's with er9x complexity. I'm new to being a pilot and an RC-pilot at that'
could somebody please show me where i can find a config file for my er9x if it exists! that does not contain all the complexity's that are not relevant to my needs right now. (I NEED TO DUMB IT UP")
I was fine with the standard 9x firmware, but this is to much lol

any help would be appreciated, Cheers
I have better luck catching than landing...!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

gaspin wrote:Ok thanks Gohst, I'm in Singapore so Hong Kong, HK is just round the corner and no customs worries.
You are a very lucky person.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

And cheap shipping!!!!
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

He can probably just go and get his stuff.. How lucky is that?? :D
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

I have been around long enough and should know better but is the module listed above the best way to go about adding frsky with telemetry to er9x? What are the pros/cons to using that or the DIY module? What will the basic module and receiver give you in regard to telemetry data? RF link strength and battery voltage?

I will want to do the mod to bring telemetry info onto the 9x screen if that makes a difference.
GrootWitbaas

Post by GrootWitbaas »

the one above, but you have to bring the telemetry in to the TX somewhere. or this one, can be build into the TX and is more fun if you are into DIY electronics
General trouble maker and wannabee Dev
wilco1967

Post by wilco1967 »

frisbee wrote: could somebody please show me where i can find a config file for my er9x if it exists! that does not contain all the complexity's that are not relevant to my needs right now. (I NEED TO DUMB IT UP")
Here's a very simple setup for quad, or tri, or whatever.... doesn't matter, all the same as the MultiWii does the hard work.
It's assuming CH1 throttle, CH2 roll, CH3 pitch, CH4 Yaw, and various switches for aux1..4 / CH5..8)
can be uploaded with eepe.
Attachments
Quad.eepm
(1.06 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Here is how I have my 9x setup. I put the DIY Frsky module inside. Then I can plug another module in the back. I have a switch to select which module gets powered.
-Gohst
Attachments
IMG_20120413.jpg
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

I'm going to order the DIY module from aloft. I emailed and they verified that it's the new version with the toggle switch. I noticed that there is a USB programmer cable listed at aloft. Do they come out with updates often enough to bother getting one? Can you use a usbasp programmer instead?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The last firmware upgrade came last summer. However, we're hoping to get PXX/16 channel support not too late!
Can't use the USBASP.
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

hmm, looking at the different versions of installation I might have to change my mind and use the DJT module. Not having to run external wires by using the unused module pins is very tempting. And makes module swapping much easier. Decisions decisions.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.
frisbee

Post by frisbee »

wilco1967 wrote: Here's a very simple setup for quad, or tri, or whatever.... doesn't matter, all the same as the MultiWii does the hard work.
It's assuming CH1 throttle, CH2 roll, CH3 pitch, CH4 Yaw, and various switches for aux1..4 / CH5..8)
can be uploaded with eepe.
thank you very much :) , I'll upload it straight away and give it a go

cheers ;)
I have better luck catching than landing...!
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Crucial wrote:hmm, looking at the different versions of installation I might have to change my mind and use the DJT module. Not having to run external wires by using the unused module pins is very tempting. And makes module swapping much easier. Decisions decisions.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.
Hate to throw further confusion into your decision -- but I opted for the DHT-U because 1. it's easy to move to another transmitter -- even a Futaba or Spectrum (with appropriate cable) and 2. it has the display where I can see it when flying. Moving it form TX to TX is a snap -- and if that's attractive for ya -- then it's something to consider. I routed the cable down the vacant antenna mast.

I believe Aloft is now allowing the use of cheaper postage -- as in the past everything was priority -- if that's a consideration. Me -- want it now. ;-)
Masterp2k

Post by Masterp2k »

Hi,
I've got a freshly build er9x with telemetry mod (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... &aff=46415) and this receiver (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=19968)...
how can I get the rssi voltage from the receiver?
Do I need a sensor hub for battery voltage or can I use a voltage sensor only?

Thanks in advance ;)
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Are you using the RX with a standard receiver pack? If so.. I believe the voltage shouls come down the A1 signal by default.

If you are flying electric with a esc.. you will need to look at a divider to get the 'true' pack voltage.
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

If you have done the telemetry mod, that should just show up on the 9x screen. You will get 4 values from the receiver at a minimum. You get the A1 voltage, the A2 voltage, and you get rssi and tssi. Which are the received and transmitted signal strengths. You should only have to plug a Rx battery into the receiver and bind it to your transmitter. After that use the down button on the transmitter to get into the telemetry screens. In there you will see the Rx and Tx values.
-Gohst
Masterp2k

Post by Masterp2k »

Thx for the fast answers ;)
I solved it by swapping Rx and Tx of the connection between FrsSky upgrade and transmitter-module :)
The guide I used wasn't really clear about that so 2nd try worked :D
Have a nice day ;)
zann68

Post by zann68 »

gohsthb wrote:If you have done the telemetry mod, that should just show up on the 9x screen. You will get 4 values from the receiver at a minimum. You get the A1 voltage, the A2 voltage, and you get rssi and tssi. Which are the received and transmitted signal strengths. You should only have to plug a Rx battery into the receiver and bind it to your transmitter. After that use the down button on the transmitter to get into the telemetry screens. In there you will see the Rx and Tx values.
-Gohst
On the DJT module the 2 dip switches should be in what position? The paper work that came with my DJT - D8R-ii Plus combo show to be both down for 2 way mode. I'm guessing this would be the way it should be. The kit came with switch 1 down and switch 2 up "V8" mode.
Calm down gravity is still working!! I just tested it.......

Return to “er9x”