Another newb needs help.

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
Mazeppa

Another newb needs help.

Post by Mazeppa »

Hello to all. I got into parkfklyer size electric fixed wing 4 years ago using a DX5e. Put a Turnigy 9x w/OrangeRX DSM2 diy module into service about 6 months ago. Flew with it for about 3 months, then went the smartieparts/ER9X/eePe route about 3 months ago. So, I'm not very far up the learning curve yet, but I'm starting to like the way mixes are done and love setting the subtrims from stick postion(s) w/the flick of a switch.

First 2 models were entered into the xmitter via eePe after the radio setup was done at the xmitter. Only problem was that I couldn't find all the radio setup options in eePe to keep the backlight (Hobbyking white) working as I wanted and had to reenter the desired backlight options from the xmitter again. Surely there is a way to avoid this when flashing to the xmitter from a computer?

To avoid a repeat of the 1rst problem, I setup a 3rd model from the xmitter. Channel order is TAER (on the 1rst 2 as well). Test with the plane showed correct response to stick inputs, but trim adjustments are applied in the default channel order. I can't find where to rectify this. Nor am I sure how I avoided it when loading the 1rst 2 models and could use some help.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Another newb needs help.

Post by MikeB »

All the radio settings are in "General Settings" on eepe. Just double click on General Settings in the "child" window.

What revisions of er9x and eepe are you using? (eepe use help|about, er9x, LONG LEFT, then RIGHT a couple of times).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Mazeppa

Post by Mazeppa »

I think I've got the backlight deal figured. I didn't fully comprehend that the option for "Light Off After" would turn on the backlight if any value other than 'Off" were entered. I got lucky setting the backlight control the way I wanted by trying various combinations of settings w/out really understanding what each one was and how they interacted w/each other. Should have thought this over some more before I posted the question.

ER9X-r810 v.1 352-MIKE
eePe-rev393 (r812 shows for ER9X version in eePe General Settings as I updated when I turned it on to research your reply).
Mazeppa

Post by Mazeppa »

As regards the cross application of trims I learned some things:
1. Cross trim transfers trim settings to the opposite stick. Never heard of such a thing, but on reflection I can see how it might be handy.
2. Although cross trim was not selected in my eePe document I dowloaded, it was ON in the radio. I must have turned it on, but don't recall.
3. Really makes things seem very weird if it's on and you don't know it.

Cross trim to OFF, and I continue my trudge up the learning curve.

I pledge to think & research more, and ask fewer Q's. I'm sure 99% of my problems have been covered in the forum, I need to learn how to find my answers.

Return to “er9x”