Switching between multiple powered on receivers?

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
moo10032

Switching between multiple powered on receivers?

Post by moo10032 »

I have been trying to find any information on how I can switch between active receivers with a single transmitter. Can this even be done? I have several construction related vehicles such as a RC forklift, bobcat and RC semi truck and I would like to be able to leave the models powered on, but switch between them with the transmitter. Currently the only way I can even see this happening is to go up and turn each one on and then off, there has got to be some way to make the receiver bind to each specific model memory layout and ignore inputs from other model memory, right?

Thanks

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: Switching between multiple powered on receivers?

Post by Rob Thomson »

Check the wireless buddy box system...

http://www.hobbyking.com/mobile/viewpro ... rentcat=83

Should do the trick.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
moo10032

Post by moo10032 »

All the receivers are in separate models though, no way to connect up that thing up. What I mean is using the transmitter to switch from receiver to receiver, so when I'm controlling say my RC forklift, my RC semi truck will be powered on and just sitting there, then I can switch over to the semi truck and the forklift will lose its radio signal and just sit idle until I switch back to it. Know what I mean?
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

With the frsky taranis radio using sbus maybe would be possible.
For example 1 model listens to chamnels 1to 4, the other channels 4to 8, the 3rd channels 9 to 12, and so on. This is just an example.
When you activate one model the others are configured to just stay there with the throttle channel at -100, so they don't move.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
moo10032

Post by moo10032 »

Nah that can't work cause most of my models use at least 6 channels. I noticed there is a setting for PXX for each model memory and it shows "set rx number" or something but I couldn't figure anything out about that protocol. There has to be some way to make a receiver ignore signals from a different loaded memory. It seems odd because if you had multiple airplane RC setup on a single transmitter if you forgot to switch your model memory you could accidentally fly the wrong plane settings and crash or something, seems like such an advantage to have the receiver bind to each individual model memory... like if each model sends out a signal as if it were a whole separate transmitter, it sounds like some kind of software thing the firmware could do?

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

We'll, the taranis has model match. You need to make sure that your model doesn't move if you select another one then.
By the way, with 2 rf modules the taranis can control 32 channels if I'm not mistaken. Is that enough?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
moo10032

Post by moo10032 »

Well buying a whole new radio system isn't worth it for me lol... So it seems its related to the actual hardware of the radio then that the 9x is lacking. What is the difference between all the protocols the er9x supports, do you need a corresponding physical module to plug in the back of the transmitter or is that software related?

I might just mount all of my RC vehicles on/off switches in more easy to reach places then and just turn them on/off when needed and switch over the model memory. Makes it difficult though.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Put it this way, all your models are bound to the same RF module, so they will be listening to the radio at the same time.. The only way you would get away with it is to use different channels for every model. You can't just unbind RX and rebind them like that.. with a switch.. I don't think there's a system on this world that can do what you want.. There is actually.. the taranis using 32 channels.. you could probably (just saying, not sure) control 5 models using 6 channels for each model..
I think it could be possible but I'm sure someone will jump in and confirm (or not) what I'm saying..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Clearly, what you are looking for is "model match". Using PPM as the protocol from the Tx to the Tx model, there is no way to get this, the information is just not there.
If you get a FrSky XJT module, and FrSky X8R receivers, then using PXX, you get a proper 'model match' funstion. With this, you assign a "Rx Number" to each receiver/Tx model. Then, only the selected receiver will respond.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
pmullen503

Post by pmullen503 »

You could use a Spektrum hack module with a 9x and you'd get model match. You also can get failsafe on ch1 with $6 LemonRx 6ch receivers. That should keep the other models from moving while one controls a particular one.

Each unit could be bound to it's own model slot in the TX.
moo10032

Post by moo10032 »

Are all transmitter modules a standard size? Will that FrSky XJT module fit inside the Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter? I have that transmitter modded with a SmartieParts Board and the er9x firmware on it.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes it is a standard size and just plugs in.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
pmullen503

Post by pmullen503 »

moo10032 wrote:Are all transmitter modules a standard size? Will that FrSky XJT module fit inside the Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter? I have that transmitter modded with a SmartieParts Board and the er9x firmware on it.
The XJT will fit the module bay on the back of 9x, not inside it. er9x can run PXX protocol with the XJT.

If you have the Turnigy 9x with a Flysky (stock) module and the antenna in the stock position on the radio, you'll have to cut the antenna wire to remove the module. It's also possible to move the antenna to the module if you can carefully desolder and resolder the antenna coax.

Tx modules come in 3 flavors: JR style (9x, 9xr and Taranis), Futaba style, and internal (Frsky DHT).

Return to “er9x”