Model type Logos

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
MojoMaestro

Model type Logos

Post by MojoMaestro »

I got my Eurgle 9x about 2 years ago & still using the old firmware, every time i power it up i enjoy seeing the model type logo of the selected model.U know the Heli - Plane - Glider logos. I shall move to a custom firmware has soon has i received my new Eurgle the old one is fatigue, but i will miss those logos.

Is there anyone that could add that to the an upgraded version of the firmware ?
Verus Amicus est Tanquam Alter Idem

GrootWitbaas

Re: Model type Logos

Post by GrootWitbaas »

I am pretty sure if you ask on this link you will get them done
I'm guessing that will keep SomeOne out of trouble for 10 min :)
General trouble maker and wannabee Dev
cre8tiveleo

Model type Logos

Post by cre8tiveleo »

It's more a model type image than a splash screen. I know what you mean, it would be nice to have a plane,glider or heli icon on one of the screens to show the model type.
Splash screens are easy to do, for an aircraft type icon, thats a little programming majik . :D

And a memory issue too. It would be nice though.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I think people start missing the point with this firmware. People are always asking to make this radio equal to all the others..
Speaking for myself, really, if I wanted a futaba or Jr or stock 9x I would have bought one.
er9x is different, nothing is assigned to nothing.. There are no heli setups, or plane setups. there are no pre programmed mixes for a certain type of model. You can remote a little robot with it.. It has been done with er9x a while ago..
So, let's have a robot logo, a multirotor logo, a boat logo (I have a friend that uses er9x for boat competition), a submarine logo (yes, there are people using it in subs).. etc..

I personally think that it would be a waste of valuable flash memory that can be used on something usefull, like the PC M audio mod for example ;) :mrgreen:
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

+1

erazz
9x Developer

Post by erazz »

I think that as an open source project everybody can have his/her say.
I think that the outlandish ideas that were listened to are part of the reason we have such powerful software available.

I really try to keep my mind open though I admit it's hard sometimes. I thought that the customizable splash was superfluous but look at how many people enjoy it. Same with the haptic/speaker mods. It's given a new vector for creativity and I'm sure is just another "thing" about this software. I, myself, certainly would like to see an animated screen on startup and some nice graphics for each model. (perhaps customizable via eePe)

That being said, we are extremely short on memory. I can't see at the moment how we'd be able to cram this in. ERSKy9x to the rescue again :)
Z

BEWARE - WE ARE IN THE AIR!!!
What goes up... Should be controlled by a 9X!
cre8tiveleo

Model type Logos

Post by cre8tiveleo »

+1

Wooo! You know what I like!
(ersky to the rescue)

:D

No... Animated boot screen!!! Supwrfl.. Wa.. :)
MojoMaestro

Post by MojoMaestro »

jhsa wrote:I think people start missing the point with this firmware. People are always asking to make this radio equal to all the others..
Speaking for myself, really, if I wanted a futaba or Jr or stock 9x I would have bought one.
er9x is different, nothing is assigned to nothing.. There are no heli setups, or plane setups. there are no pre programmed mixes for a certain type of model. You can remote a little robot with it.. It has been done with er9x a while ago..
So, let's have a robot logo, a multirotor logo, a boat logo (I have a friend that uses er9x for boat competition), a submarine logo (yes, there are people using it in subs).. etc..

I personally think that it would be a waste of valuable flash memory that can be used on something usefull, like the PC M audio mod for example ;) :mrgreen:
:arrow: Also i wanna play Mario Bros on my 9x :lol:
Verus Amicus est Tanquam Alter Idem

Return to “er9x”