Emailing me directly

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
erazz
9x Developer

Emailing me directly

Post by erazz »

Hi Guys,

I have an issue that I want to make clear. I'll try not to be too blunt but please please please stop emailing me directly and asking for help / making suggestions.

It's not that I don't appreciate it. I really do. However I've been getting in exccess of 20 emails a day just asking questions on er9x/eePe (and that's on top of everything else related to the project).

It's unfair to you, me and everybody else.
It's unfair to you because there is NO WAY I would be able to answer all the email. I try but I can't really put much time and thought into each one.
It's unfair to me - hey, I actually do have a life somewhere :)
It's unfair to the community because good questions and suggestions go unnoticed because only I have seen them and I have a very short memory.

The solution.
Post it here!!!

That way if I'm able to help I'll answer. If somebody else can, they will. Almost all of the time they answer better than me. Best of all, ideas get spead around. Listened to and acted upon.

Sounds resonable right? I try not to be terse but I usually just divert questions directly here so please help me on that.

Yours truly.
Z
Z

BEWARE - WE ARE IN THE AIR!!!
What goes up... Should be controlled by a 9X!

GyroGearloose

Re: Emailing me directly

Post by GyroGearloose »

I just don't understand...

As a fellow software engineer, I LOVE when people call me at all hours of the night to ask brilliant questions that appear on the first page of the manual as well as quick reference cards and a sticker ON the product. I encourage people to use my private cell phone as their first line of support, because the 40 CTS guys we hired need a break from online solitaire to go play poker in the back room. Software engineers live to answer inane questions, because otherwise we'd probably sit around writing new and productive code, getting girlfriends, or using the bathroom more than once a day, usually accompanied by our laptop. We might start to think that our Billion-dollar products should give us more than minimum wage. It would be total anarchy!

So what you do you MEAN you don't want to be asked which way is "up" on the sticks, or whether switches can be turned off once turned on, or if they only go in one direction? I think these are important questions that ONLY YOU can answer...

Horribly disappointed by the rudeness of writing such flexible software, giving it away free, and then refusing to put your wife's number on the board... how selfish of you.

-Gyro

PS: For the humor impaired, let's ALL give Erazz a big hand of applause for his efforts, and send him a nice fruit basket... :-) Kick-ass firmware, even if it doesn't have MY pet mods coded yet...
I could fly so much better if a second flight wasn't a requirement....
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

well, Thank you very much..... Now my 2 year old is traumatized after seeing his father rolling on the carpet laughing his head off..
He will never respect me again.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
That was brilliant :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
GyroGearloose

Post by GyroGearloose »

jhsa wrote:well, Thank you very much..... Now my 2 year old is traumatized after seeing his father rolling on the carpet laughing his head off..
He will never respect me again.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Do I REALLY have to explain this to you? You used "my 2 yr old" and "never respect me" in the same sentence. "again" was just unneccessary hyperbole and bragging, really. The assertion that anyone was ever respected by a 2 year old, much less their own, is simply absurd, and indicates you may be mentally unstable. Ask yourself this diagnostic question: Do you like to play with toys? Do you have a tendency to want to control them, even at some distance? And worst of all, have you spent more on these toys than, say, your wife's engagement ring?

Well then, welcome to my corner of the asylum... you'll like it here. We have cookies!

-Gyro

PS: Hey, does this mean we're NOT getting Erazz's wife's number? Damnit...

PPS: but then again, if he's REALLY a software engineer, how did he have time to find a wife? I'm very suspicious, as is my own wife. Well, she will be after I change her batteries...
erazz
9x Developer

Post by erazz »

Ahhh. I'm not a software engineer. I'm a mechanical engineer - we actually get to part with the computer and play with stuff.

You absolutely do not want my wife's number. Nonononono. She might be nice. But then again we might have to find a new pundit. We've spent so much time getting to this point... It'll be a shame.

Do the cookies over there have the same pills in them? Are we running out? Should I break out the emergency Gin? (Yes GIN. I'm weird, I admit!)

See what you did.
Now I have to go and remove some of the less than coherent remarks I've been making on the source code.
Z

GyroGearloose

Post by GyroGearloose »

Yeah, I'm a MechE by training too, combined with two English degrees. So, how I ended up writing embedded software, is a long and torturous sojourn through the 10th circle of Hades (wave to my exwife).

I think MechE can be summarized as "Can we break it? Let's try! Will someone else break it? Oh c**p, call the lawyers. What's the most fun way to break it? Will we get arrested?" I say this in part because I went to a school where loading a fish with homemade PETN was a perfectly normal thing to do on a slow Saturday. The fish did not enjoy the process, nor was it properly cooked before being delivered all over the campus. Why? Nerds don't deal well with stress.

Gin? You are a freak... I LIKE pine trees, but I don't try to ferment and drink them. I do sometimes wonder if you could ferment a birch tree, though... :->

No, you'll have to keep your own wife. It appears that, by definition, she is now a "Joyzee gurl", and those things scare me. Well, that and Congress hasn't quite legalized polygamy yet, and even if they do, my current wife would probably still give me the death sentence ex codus as it were... Jealous things, these women... my helicopters don't mind sharing a battery, so I don't understand this...

Yes, my cookies have the BEST pills... sometimes I feel like I'm flying around the neighborhood in a tiny jet plane. And then someone usually knocks my FPV goggles off, and the whole thing crashes...

Burma Shave!

-Gyro
(a little Looser than typical after a LONG farking week...)
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

That's it. I'm turning this off now.. You got me rollin' on the caqrpet again... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

Buy I haven't started in yet.. don't go.. I have cookies too, but with special centres, soft and chewy, you never can stop at one...

And Tonic to go with the gin...
erazz
9x Developer

Post by erazz »

Don't get me starterd on that bitter, bubbly, weird, junk filled, autflorescing, hemolysing and general all around poison.

I don't get it. The only reason I like Gin is because of the alcohol content. Why go around and reduce it?!?! I'll just go back to straight vodka. Nazdrovia!
Probably wash it down with some IPA... Where is that bottle?
Z

Ockert

Post by Ockert »

Darn! I feel like I've missed out on something here by joining late.
If it is disassembled, its always better to understand! I keep telling myself that.
erazz
9x Developer

Post by erazz »

Oh don't worry. The moderators here are just as crazy as everyone else. The stuff is bubbling underneath the surface and jumps out on almost every post.
You'll get your chance to be out crazied by one of the above writers. :)
Z

cre8tiveleo

Emailing me directly

Post by cre8tiveleo »

Some may consider us all part of that 'Special' community...

:D

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=44.056212,-79.476230
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I have absolutely no idea what you're talkin about ;) but I'm in.. :D

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Hic...

Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
GyroGearloose

Post by GyroGearloose »

cr8tive_leo wrote:Some may consider us all part of that 'Special' community...
We're all 'special' here... Some "take the small bus" to work; I fly the small plane... :-P

By the way, don't try to fly a 450-size heli in your 6x6 cubicle... just saying... :-)

-Gyro "my heli ate my homework" Gearloose
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Hello, I use this post to ask for help.

I have set a turnigy 9x in ER9X and it worked very well until today.

While the radio was working normally, it switched of. and then impossible to restart (blank screen). I have a charged battery of course.

When I try to read or to write the Eprom from the PC, it works fine, the screen is normal and displays the ER9x screen normally, all the commands work and the screen follow the movments normally.

I tried to re-flash the eprom with sucess. But as soon as I disconnect the PC, nothing happen any more (blank screen again).

I am not an expert in electronics thus I can find what is the problem (I guess it is a supply problem between the battry and the motherboard but I did some measurement showing that 12 V are present).

If anybody can help me, I would appreciate.

Thanks in advance

Xavier
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

You might be better off posting this in the Hardware > General forum.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Thanks, in fact I found the problem, it was just a switch failure. I replaced it and now, everything is OK.

Xavier
GrootWitbaas

Post by GrootWitbaas »

Rob Thomson wrote:Hic...

Who send you my picture, and who said you may post it here for all to see ?
General trouble maker and wannabee Dev
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

erazz wrote:Hi Guys,

I have an issue that I want to make clear. I'll try not to be too blunt but please please please stop emailing me directly and asking for help / making suggestions.

It's not that I don't appreciate it. I really do. However I've been getting in exccess of 20 emails a day just asking questions on er9x/eePe (and that's on top of everything else related to the project).

It's unfair to you, me and everybody else.
It's unfair to you because there is NO WAY I would be able to answer all the email. I try but I can't really put much time and thought into each one.
It's unfair to me - hey, I actually do have a life somewhere :)
It's unfair to the community because good questions and suggestions go unnoticed because only I have seen them and I have a very short memory.

The solution.
Post it here!!!

That way if I'm able to help I'll answer. If somebody else can, they will. Almost all of the time they answer better than me. Best of all, ideas get spead around. Listened to and acted upon.

Sounds resonable right? I try not to be terse but I usually just divert questions directly here so please help me on that.

Yours truly.
Z
I agree, any issue regarding this forum should be discussed in the forum for the benefit of all.
2x - Turnigy 9X with 9xtreme board;
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Frsky Taranis & Taranis +;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
Radiomaster TX16S Max mark II.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'm jumping on this thread as I have a bit of a similar problem, so this is just to let everyone understand.
I try to answer as much as I can on the forums, but I'm noticing these days I'm spending quite a bit of time doing that, and less on the 'real' development.
I've also been receiving private messages with questions that could be answered on a thread, very likely by someone else.
So please don't PM me with general questions, in any case, others may want to see the questions and answers.
Also, please be patient as sometimes I don't have time to answer a forum post, and sometimes I lose track of questions I should try to answer when I didn't respond immediatly.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Yup. Similar this end.

I tend to get requests a to the admin email asking for help.

I normally tell them to pm Mike! (Lol)

I tell them to ask on the forum :) far more diverse and qualified people can answer :)

Rob

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

I thought it was the resurrection of erazz :-)

Return to “er9x”