Firmware and Module Question.

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
blackpanther

Firmware and Module Question.

Post by blackpanther »

Sorry if this is the wrong board to post this question to. (admin feel free to move it if needed)

I'm modding my 9x and want to put er9x with telemetry in it. But I also plan on getting an orange Rx for dsm2/dsmx and was wondering if I would need to reflash everytime I changed the module?
or would it still work perfectly fine when the orange rx module was installed.

kaos

Re: Firmware and Module Question.

Post by kaos »

no, you don't need to reflash every time. there is a place in tx setup of er9x you can choose ppm or dsm protocol when you swap your module. that's it.
pmullen503

Post by pmullen503 »

The OrangeRx module is PPM so you won't even need to change to DSM, that's only for the module scavenged from a Spektrum radio. No need to reflash.
kaos

Post by kaos »

thx for the correction pmullen503. forgot about the orange module is ppm as well while I am using a scavenged DSM/X module.
pmullen503

Post by pmullen503 »

I'm using a scavenged module too. Because the OrangeRX module is PPM there is no model match. It apparently does have more channels available than the typical Spektrum mod but anything that needs more than 6 channels gets Frsky!

Return to “er9x”