Looking for .eepe files for T-Rex250 and T-Rex450

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
Kiro

Looking for .eepe files for T-Rex250 and T-Rex450

Post by Kiro »

Hello,

i am looking for the configuration files for my both helicopters.
Has anyone these files and would share them please ? ;)

Best regards
Marcel

GrootWitbaas

Re: Looking for .eepe files for T-Rex250 and T-Rex450

Post by GrootWitbaas »

Something like this
Same file can be used for 250 I guess, the basics are there, based on setup guides I followed some time ago.

There are many ways to do this with er9x, this is just one
450.eepe
(4.78 KiB) Downloaded 702 times
Edit : Channel order was to my own preference (and how it was wired up) .... test all movement with the blades removed !!!

Ch1,2 and 6 goes to the cyclic servos, my setup is 2 in front, one in back, so looks like
Ch1 left front
Ch2 back
Ch6 right front
Ch 3 is Throttle (motor)
Ch 4 is rudder (tail servo)
Ch 5 is Gyro gain

I will check on my Heli when I am back home later today and confirm the above.
General trouble maker and wannabee Dev
Kiro

Post by Kiro »

Many thx, i`ll give it a try !!! ;)

Greets
Marcel
jaime

Post by jaime »

Hi. I just got my 9x firmware on the radio and I was trying to use the templates for the heli but since it's been a while since I touched anything I need a little help. I notice groot already posted an eepe file, but my question at the moment is for the template that comes with the 9x. If channel 1,2, and 3 are cyclic, 4 rudder, where do you plug the signal for the gyro if 5 says thr on the mixer and well I still need to know where to connect the esc. I mean what channel does this go into. Sorry it's still confusing for me and I think I just stripped the servos again since I forgot about this setup being different. I also noticed that reta on page 32 is rud=1, ele=2, thr=3, ail=4 which really doesn't match the cyclic numbers. I figured since I'm new at both helis and these radios this doesn't really makes sense to me as a noob. I now know you can pretty much assign any number to any servo, but to keep things in order I guess thr = esc but I still see no option for the gyro so I hope this makes sense as to how it doesn't make sense to me.
GrootWitbaas

Post by GrootWitbaas »

I have not looked at the template, and also don't have my TX here at work, however I do have eepe here and can check this, but please download you current settings from the template and post it here. Once that is done I can have a look on this for you. The file I posted above is one I had on my TX at the time of the question.

Groot

jaime

Post by jaime »

Hi Groot. Well I'm just playing around with the radio trying to make sense of the logic of the templates included. I don't have anything programed. I just added the heli template and the gyro template and was trying to match the components to the settings on the mixer for each channel. RETA was just the example I took from the manual. I just thought the gyro =rudder and you have to plug the signal wire next to this one. I also just realized that thr is not the same as the esc because the esc has to have it's own channel for it to work. Sorry I guess I'm just so confused by this. Staring at the manual I guess I can just use AETR Ail= channel 1/cyclic1, Ele=channel2/cyclic2, thr/esc=channel 3, Rud=channel 4, Channel 5=gyro signal, channel 6=cyclic 3, but as you can see I'm not matching the template mixes I don't think. anyway I just thought of this while looking at the manual but I'm not sure this is the same as the template. Well I just tried this and the mixes still say ch1/cyc 1, ch2 cyc 2, ch3 cyc3, ch4 RUD, ch5 thr, ch6 !Gea, so it's still not matching the channels above even though I change to aetr for the mixes. So I hope this explains my confusion a little better.
jaime

Post by jaime »

So I finally sat down to check this a bit more on the computer and got the new update for eepe and the bin file. Now the mixes seem to match the channel order. So here's what I'm looking at. Now I just used this order to match the channels, it just helps me think about this. I'm not sure if this is necessary but I'm not that smart so I'll do baby steps. Now, if ele, ail, and rud are the same as cyc1,cyc2 and cyc3, why have both, sorry it just confuses me as you can choose either but not sure if they do two different things? So in this picture my next thought was to use the gyro signal on channel 5, but I don't have a clue as to what that would be on the mix. I'm only going by this because you automatically get four mixes any time you make a new model. So if I'm doing this wrong please correct me. I know I'm way off sometimes and I'll admit, heli function is still very confusing, but I'm slowly understanding the function of what the basic functions are. I'm just not quite sure how to put them together just yet. And for anyone else not familiar please know this is only my struggle, you may understand things much better, this is just how I see things right now. Now is there a way to take that approval from the forum, I think it slows things down a bit. If anyone post bad things I'm sure they'll let you know. It's tough to get a dialog going when it takes a day for the question to go through. I just thought I ask, thanks.

Here's the image, the file restrictions here are just too small even after I cropped the image so I'm just linking here.
Edit By the Mod : Fixed it for ya :)
Westy

Post by Westy »

Hi There,

I am also new to this Software but am getting my head around it well in some parts and mostly from experimentation :D

Looking at your post there may be some confusion
Now, if ele, ail, and rud are the same as cyc1,cyc2 and cyc3, why have both, sorry it just confuses me as you can choose either but not sure if they do two different things?
these are not the same ...... from what I can work out this is purely for swash plate mixing 9making the 3 servos that control pitch act together as one. Firstly up and down simultaneously when using the Throttle channel (CH3)

and .... Secondly to get the servos to all work as one system when using cyclic actions using all channels CH1 (Aileron = Right Front Servo), CH2 (Elevator = Centre Rear Servo) and CH6 (Pitch = Left Front Servo) ... RUD is channel 4
Here are my Mixes for my 450 Heli.... the templates just would not work so I added some mixes as per some many examples I found and got this to work.
Here is my setup:

1. I have the Gyro Gain working on the P2 (Right Front) and this way you can dial it in very quickly and then use your analog main screen on your TX to see what the value is on htat channel once you have your model dialed in with the correct gain and then enter it in and then remove the channel mix for that pot = Done

2. I have the HH and Rate Modes Set up on the Gear Switch (see Channel 5 mixes GEA and !GEA = represent the up and down position of that switch and what you want the system to do in each position.)

Here is a quick vid on the config for you..... not too sure if it will help but hey worth a shot right? :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmjeniKg-mw
and here is the eepe file for ya
Cheers
Westy
Attachments
Feb with sim setup.eepe
(2.28 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
Westy

Post by Westy »

jaime wrote:Staring at the manual I guess I can just use AETR Ail= channel 1/cyclic1, Ele=channel2/cyclic2, thr/esc=channel 3, Rud=channel 4, Channel 5=gyro signal, channel 6=cyclic 3, but as you can see I'm not matching the template mixes I don't think. anyway I just thought of this while looking at the manual but I'm not sure this is the same as the template. Well I just tried this and the mixes still say ch1/cyc 1, ch2 cyc 2, ch3 cyc3, ch4 RUD, ch5 thr, ch6 !Gea, so it's still not matching the channels above even though I change to aetr for the mixes. So I hope this explains my confusion a little better.
Hi Jaime
I had the Exact same issue..... So I gave up and configured it to how I wanted it as the templates simply did not work for me when I selected the AETR as it should have been .......

Oh and re the delayed admin allow response time ... I think it is only for the first 6 posts ... then when you earn your good nature stripes .... you get auto approved? Well the one I just did got instantly posted ... so I guess that is the case
Cheers Westy :ugeek:
GrootWitbaas

Post by GrootWitbaas »

Posted also elsewhere in the forum by Ghost, but I guess posting it here is also good. A very good heli guide for er9x can be
found here

Return to “er9x”