Problem arming after upgrade

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
MonkeysPunk

Problem arming after upgrade

Post by MonkeysPunk »

Hi Guys new to the forum so first post is unfortunately a question.
I flashed my turnigy 9x with er9x firmware last night and it all went well, I managed to get my mixes correct to give me my 6 position switch and also all throws look good in my mission planner (ardupilot) when I move the sticks the bars move the same. The only problem I have is I can't get my quad copter to arm anymore. To arm it should be left stick (mode 2) down and right. At the moment the only way I can get it to arm is to do the inbuilt stick calibration in the er9x firmware with my throttle set to half. Once I do thi,s it arms with the right stick to the right. I have looked about in the menus but they all look ok but I can't be sure as I have been using the std turnigy 9x for so long. It is set up with frsky DIY modual and in ppm mode using one wire to 4 channel reciver.
Any advise would be really helpfully please

Darren

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: Problem arming after upgrade

Post by Rob Thomson »

Have you calibrated your sticks?

http://openrcforums.com/wiki/index.php/ ... alibration

Rob
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
MonkeysPunk

Post by MonkeysPunk »

Thanks for the reply Rob.
Yes I did calibrate my sticks as per the guide. I did it with the throttle in mid position and also tried at fully down but still didn't help.
Seems odd that the APM 2 is reacting to right stick input, as that usually wouldn't be anything to do with arming. It's as if the channels are mixed up, but in the GUI everything moves correctly. 900/1000 one way 1900/2000 the opposite direction.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

What is yopu T-TRIM value set to? On or OFF. THis is throttle trim option and affects the low throttle output.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
MonkeysPunk

Post by MonkeysPunk »

Hi mike cheers for reply
I haven't changed that from default when installing so not sure till I get home from work this afternoon. Could it be that I have not installed the ardupilot firmware and just installed the std er9x. The Only specific ardupilot function I use is the mode switch.

Greebo

Post by Greebo »

Are the channels assigned in Mode 2 order in the model mixes page? It easy to get this mixed up :)
They should be CH1 = RUD, CH2 = THR, CH3 = ELE, CH4 = AIL.
Alternatively, make sure your channels as defined on the mixes page correspond with the ones from your receiver to the flight controller.
MonkeysPunk

Post by MonkeysPunk »

Ok after doing some searching I have found the channels are in a different order so changed that and it now arms fine. The only problem I now have is my motors now only start spinning after the throttle is past halfway. Is there something I can change to sort this out. I a calibrated again but still no joy.
Sorry Greebo only just seen your post but that's what the problem was.
MonkeysPunk

Post by MonkeysPunk »

All working fine now. It was the speedos that needed calibrating via channel 3 throttle not all together as usual from the flight controller.
Thanks for all the help though guys ;)

Return to “er9x”