Low channel values while initalizing

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
Sequadon

Low channel values while initalizing

Post by Sequadon »

Hi guys!

My plane crashed after recovering from RC signal loss (radio turned off and back on). Now I'm looking into what is happening with the channels. The problem seems to be that the radio transmits low (1000 us) state on all channels while booting and even while the idle warning is active.
https://youtu.be/hOanxv6HFOA
This way the FC exit failsafe mode on radio startup and actuate servos to min position while the pilot does not have control over the aircraft.

I would say that the desired behavior would be to stay in failsafe state while booting and while the idle warning is active.
Any thoughts on how to overcome this?

Radio: Turnigy TH-9X running ER9X
Transmitter: FrSky XJT module
Receiver: FrSky X4R-SB on S.BUS

Any help would be appreciated!

Kilrah

Re: Low channel values while initalizing

Post by Kilrah »

What firmware are your XJT and receiver running?

Don't think that's something that can acted on, it's the behavior of the module when powered up with no input signal. On other radios the module isn't powered up until there is signal to send, but on this one it's not possible since there is no soft power control, the module is powered anytime the switch is on.

But I believe the XJT was not supposed to send anything until it had actually received a valid input... but maybe some firmware versions did otherwise.

Return to “er9x”